Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Nearly every communication I have had with the front office staff has been a negative experience. The first day of school, I made arrangements to have lunch with my son and bring in a pizza. I went to the school at the scheduled lunchtime (posted on the website) only to find out I missed his lunch. He had no lunch that day. I walked into the front office in tears and told them what happened. By the time I got home the schedule was updated online but unfortunately too late for me. I went into the office on another occasion to explain that my son would miss a day of school because we needed to travel out of town to see a dying relative. I waited after school until the rush was over with the kids and transportation. Then I explained the situation. I was told it would be taken care of and there was nothing else I needed to do...two days later on the way to the airport, I received a call from the school asking where my son was. My son needed to have surgery scheduled with some urgency. The school offers a limo ride as an incentive for its fundraiser. My son had "earned" the limo ride and was excited about this day. I contacted the office to explain I needed to schedule surgery but wanted to know the date of the limo ride. I was told it would be the 20th or 21st so I stated I would not schedule it that week just to be safe. Several days later, I received a permission slip that stated the date of the limo ride was the 12th! I find it very frustrating that any communication I have with this office is inaccurate or botched one way or another. I tried to limit my contact with them throughout the year because of their less than helpful attitude but when I needed to get or give information it was never relayed accurately.

The principal at this school is taking a great school and turning it into a mediocre school. I and several others pulled our kids because of lack of confidence in his ability to keep our kids safe. The class sizes are far too large and money is not being allocated correctly.

While this school was great for a few years it has taken a definite turn. The class sizes are too large, the principal uses money in other areas of the school instead of additional teachers and it doesn't look like it's going to improve. The school is in a downward spiral.

So glad we switched schools! We love Elk Creek! The class sizes are a little too large but we love the staff.

During the years that I have been a parent at Elk Creek, the school has risen from excellent to exceptional, and it continues to improve. This is due in large part to the competent and dedicated leadership of the new principal. He works tirelessly at the school and in the community to ensure the success of Elk Creek's students and staff. The atmosphere at Elk Creek is warm and welcoming, and there is a strong sense of teamwork among the staff and of community among the students and families. To get an idea of fantastic culture at this school, one can check YouTube for the fun staff TCAP videos, the PTA's Facebook page and website for news about the myriad ways parents are working to make the school better for kids, or the local newspaper archives for all of the great coverage of school events like the Science Expo, carnival, teacher flash mobs, backpack lunch program, and so much more. As a parent and a professional educator, I give Elk Creek Elementary my highest endorsement.

My son just started kindergarden and I have been so impressed with the quality of teachers and staff. Many of them have worked together for a long time and there is a sense of community among them. They are all so proud of their school and the staff there. The new principal Mr. Lucas has a lot of energy and is excited about his new job at Elk Creek. Am looking forward to our youngest going there too.

I am very happy with The teachers, the admin, the new principal and the energy at Elk Creek. I dont think it could be better if it cost 2000.00 per month. This is our second year and I am proud that my kids attend this school. The PTA is sincere and dedicated, the programs are met with enthusiasm and I think it is that rare kind of school with just the right amount of talent, progress, caring, sincerity and parent involvement that it works the way a school should. Nice job! Elk Creek parents and faculty!

I love this school! Not only are the academics great but the staff, parents and kids here are awesome.

My two sons are in Mrs. Marinaro's full time kindergarten class at Elk Creek Elementary and absolutely love it. She is a great teacher, very dedicated and loves her kids. We just moved to Conifer last summer and can not be more pleased with the welcome and the education that our kids are getting at this school. We love the atmosphere there and our children look forward to going to school every day. Prior to coming to Elk Creek our children went to very exclusive private preschools on the East Coast. I can say that the atmosphere and kindergarten education at Elk Creek are certainly no worse and in some ways better as everyone at the school seems very friendly and helpful.

I absolutley LOVE Elk Creek!! This entire school is amazing. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They take the time to get to know the parents, as well as the students. I have yet to meet a teacher that wasn't up to my standards. I have a daughter in 2nd and a daughter in 4th. They have both made awesome friends. They loved all the teachers they have had, and currently have. I highly recommend Elk Creek!

Last modified Elk Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.