Pueblo West, CO
Students enrolled: 1,340

Pueblo West High School 1

Posted August 15, 2012
I am a college professor and related to two PWHS students. After watching the involvement of my niece and nephew with the faculty and athletic coaches it is obvious that this is the most overated school I have ever seen. The word honor does not apply to ANY of the coaches for boys or girls and the faculty is lazy. PWHS is another example of why the US K-12 education system is in failure! The students grade each others papers in class. The coaches promote the students with out talent or character. I would classify the Administration as mid level, faculty as low level and the athletic coaches as remedial.

Pueblo West High School 4

Posted May 31, 2010
As a parent of a freshman in the pre-IB/ pre AP program, I am pleased with the quality of rigor and opportunity that the school offers. Reading the classics such as Romeo and Juliet, The Good Earth, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Grapes of Wrath, Night, present a great repertoire for discussion, debate, Socratic Seminar- beyond the textbook. Academic competitions at the University of Denver, Colorado State University-Pueblo, and the University of Colorado at Denver, allow students to compete against the best in the state in history, world affairs, research, performance, web design. With 22 sports to choose from, plus numerous clubs such as Speech and Debate, Chess, Key Club, Mock Trial Team, Knowledge Bowl, Science Club, Fishing Club, our family has been pleased with both the curricular and extra curricular offerings.

Posted September 22, 2009
My granddaughter attends Pueblo West and is doing great! She is in the band and loves it. I enjoyed watching a football game. Go Cyclones!

Posted September 21, 2009
From academics to extracurricular activities, this school sets the standard for the entire nation.

Posted September 20, 2009
They have a great education system great kids and WE ROCK

Posted September 17, 2009
The students and staff are great. Academics are challenging.

Posted August 05, 2009
This school shouldn't even be close to being rated a '7' its horrible if I was a parent I would never send my child here. I went here for about 6 months and it was the WORST 6 months of my life the teachers were rude and worried more about their rules then actually teaching us anything and the students there were all bullies. They claim they have no bullying problems if I were them I would check again...

Pueblo West High School 1

Posted June 15, 2009
They need to learn that the students learning is more important that their shirt being tucked in.

Pueblo West High School 5

Posted April 03, 2009
High rating, state football/softball champs, and its only been around 10 years.....GREAT SCHOOL. They are not as strict as they once were when it comes to the dress code

Pueblo West High School 5

Posted August 25, 2008
This school gives 110% of its energy into its students and faculty. I have been here for three years and im very excited to graduate this year

661 Capistrano Dr, Pueblo West, CO  81007
Last modified Pueblo West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pueblo West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top