Posted November 12, 2014
Desert Sage Elementary is a corrupt school from the top down. Beware do not send you child. I am in the process of removing my child from this horrible environment.

Desert Sage Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2013
Our family debated over Swallows Charter Academy and Desert Sage. We decided on Desert Sage primarily due to their solid core education and security protocol. Swallows lacked the supervision for young elementary children, while Desert Sage puts an absolute emphasis on preventing any random individuals from entering the school or one's child from being taken after school from unauthorized people. Both my wife and I desired a suitable public education program that would lead our children to success come college; we're already seeing amazing results reaffirming the teachers' abilities with their curriculum to lead the youngsters to any academic based dream imaginable. They provide P.E and music which adds to the well roundness. Also the Principal is both personable and involved which adds a ton to the environment..all in all my wife and I have been thoroughly impressed...and we expect a lot out of a school!

Posted December 16, 2012
My daughter started kindergarten here. I was very displeased with the fact that parents were stopped at the doors and not allowed to drop the children off at their classroom. The pick up was even more displeasing. Not only did they place several children on wrong buses, they also placed children on buses that were pick up only, my child was almost one of them fortunately we got there before that could happen. The pick up was suppose to be secure, not a single person asked for id and my child was able to leave the first day with no questions asked. This happened the year before to a friend we thought was an isolated incident however learned very quickly that was untrue. This happened last year and the first two days of school this year. Very unhappy with the lack of safety for my child.

Desert Sage Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2012
I am not sure the person posting about the kindergartener and dismissal is posting about the right school. ???We are at the school quite a bit as volunteers so we do see much and they have one of the strictest dismissal processes that I have seen. Albeit, it's a fairly new process but we are used to it and the kids are safe so it's worth the effort.There are consistenly crossing guards at all three crosswalks before and after school. I too have a kindergartener and have never witnessed her or any of them unattended outside or anywhere else.I help in the K classroom at least once per week so pretty much first hand knowledge on what's going on. We did have sub for about 9 weeks while teacher out on maternity leave. I don't know if that would be referred to as switching classes. It was not ideal but life happens and the kids seemed to handle the transition pretty well. The principal is caring and has an open door policy. I find it hard to believe that if she were aware of any of these issues, she wouldn't be involved trying to do something. Might be worth a call to the 'right' person.

Posted January 27, 2012
I was not pleased at all when my kindergartener was switched around in classes, assigned to a temp/sub teacher until they figured out a better solution and we ultimately moved him to another school in the district. Also, at the beginning of afternoon kdg class the children were forced to stay outside and on 2 occasions I was the only adult monitoring the children because the teachers for the afternoon class were still on their "lunch break". These are 5 year olds left unattended outside! Completely unacceptable and most of these kids got off a school bus so their parents are not even aware of the situation. The bus driver would actually walk them into the lobby and someone inside the school would scoot them back out the door. At the end of the day the car riders are just turned loose and it is complete chaos to say the least. People crossing in front of cars, no cross guard, cars going around each other and kids runing wild. Glad we changed schools, best decision we ever made for our child's education and safety.

Posted April 24, 2010
I love that the staff involve the parents with our childrens education. They all make sure that all students achieve to their personal best at everything inside and outside of school. I really love Mrs. Anna Roman she is a very structured teacher and she always knows what is going on with her students in and out of school. She even shows up to the kids personal things outside of school. I have been to plenty of district 60 events and i must say that the children in district 70 shine way above these other kids in education and their behaviors. I am very happy to have both my children going to district 70 schools. Im a district 60 graduate and i wish i would have been able to attend 701 when i was younger i feel the education that my children are receiving is 100% better than district 60.

Posted April 17, 2010
my grands attended the school, was pleased with teachers and rules of the school. better education then district 60

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and students are extraordinary!!

Desert Sage Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2008

Desert Sage Elementary School 5

Posted June 04, 2007

Desert Sage Elementary School
935 South Palomar Dr, Pueblo West, CO  81007
Last modified Desert Sage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Sage Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top