Pueblo West, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted February 06, 2014
This school is phenomenal! the parent involvement the teachers that go the extra mile...this school is one is amazing and keeps up with private schools in the academics. the PTO/teachers also has different fun things and activities all the time that keep the kids engaged and looking forward to school.

Posted November 05, 2013
I do have very high standards; the good thing is this school meets and exceeds those standards! I have had 4 children attend the school for the last 8 years. They have received an exceptional education. The school has gone through 3 principals yet the staff remains positive and professional; THEY ALL always put the students 1st!

Posted October 14, 2013
All three of my children have attended Cedar Ridge and I cannot imagine a better learning experience. Our son now in high school has a 4.7 gpa, our daughters are straight A students, and all absolutely love school because of the great start at Cedar Ridge. The most genuinely caring and fun teachers we could imagine, who truly put their students' needs first. Their staff includes former Teacher of the Year winners, and their office staff is simply phenomenal.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
I must have high standers.. I have two of my kids in this school and I dont find anything wonderful about this school. My oldest is in the fourth grade and since moving to this school he is having a hard time with the teacher. He has always been on the honor roll student as well as advance classes. But when I address this to the school they dont care or try to work with us. My youngest has also had a few struggles and again when they were address we were told its our fault and my childs fault. they dont give the one on one with the students.My daughters teacher pays no attention to her.. On purpose I didnt turn in her reading log and the teacher didnt ask for it or give her any books to read for the last two months. The teachers ignore the students and the parents. we Move every three years and I have four kids. I have had my kids in many elementary school and find this to be the worst. My kids will not be coming back next year. If it takes me driving out of my way their going back to a charter school. They give a more one on one with the students.

Posted January 08, 2012
My children have been attening Cedar Ridge Elementary School since first grade and are now finishing their final years at this fine school. My son went from hating school after an initial poor experience at a private school to never wanting to leave the caring educators at CRE. My daughter has loved the school and staff members from day one and never had a complaint about anyone. CRE's GATE program is one of the best in Dist. 60 and 70. Afterschool programs to stretch the advanced students have made huge strides over the last two years.

Posted September 22, 2011
Cedar Ridge is an incredible school! I only want the best for my two children and I'm proud to say they truly are at the BEST school. The new principal (Mr. King) has done an amazing job! He truly cares about each student and he takes the time to get to know them. The school also has amazing teachers! We are truly blessed to be a part of this school! Thank You Cedar Ridge and Mr. King for being a safe, nurturing and high achieving school! Sincerely~ Bren DeGrado

Posted September 22, 2011
My wife and I have been sending our kids to Cedar Ridge for 5 years. We have consistently been impressed with the school and staff. The teachers are committed to the kids and have good rapport with one another. Our new principal, Mr. King is in his second year at Cedar Ridge. To put it simply, his addition to the staff has made a great school excellent. When the principal and the teachers work together so well as a team, and put their energy and focus on the kids first, it is easy to see. The results have been documented. In the most recent performance tests administered by the state this past year, Cedar Ridge received the highest rating of all Pueblo Schools, both District 60 and District 70, with a percentage score of 81.6%. Those results rank Cedar Ridge as a Performance School, which means, we rate with high performing schools all over Colorado. We couldn t be happier with the excellent education and opportunities provided for our children at Cedar Ridge Elementary School.

Posted September 21, 2011
I have 2 children at CRE and actually moved to be in their area. This school has a new principal that really cares for the kids. They have a wonderful GT program now that focuses on helping the advance kids go above and beyond what other schools offer. I saw on the Colorado Ed. Dept. website that CRE had the most advances scores in the area. I am sorry to all those parents who rated this school 1 star - they should visit the new CRE I think they would love the changes. My 4th grade student is involved in the Friday STEM science club where they dissect fish, create robots, and launch rockets just to name a few activities I haven t seen that at any other Pueblo school. Classes are small; scores are the highest in Pueblo County - including magnet and charter schools. I would not send my kids anywhere else. Thank you Cedar Ridge!

Posted August 27, 2011
This school is Great. My kids have gone to school in Arizona, Texas and the Denver Metro area. This school ranks at the Top of my list. When we relocated from a TOP school district in the Denver area, one of our kids had to actually catch up academically. The principal always displays good leadership, the teachers have nothing but respect for Mr. King and all the students feel he is approachable. The teachers seem to care about the kids and really want them to achieve. Don't judge this school from the lack of money District 70 provides to educate these kids. This school uses the money very effectively and provides the best primary education in the Pueblo area. Ask the locals what school they would send thier kids to and they would say Cedar Ridge Elementary.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2010
In some regards I am very happy with Cedar Ridge and in other aspects I am considering pulling my child out this coming school year. I agree with the last comment which states that if a child is advanced, they are ignored. My child got very bored at school last year and when I questioned it I was also told my child was keeping up. As for parent involvement, I think there is much that needs to be done to facilitate more of this. At the beginning of the school year, a list is available for parents to volunteer in the classroom. Unless someone can volunteer everyweek, the teachers don't want help so they use the same 3-4 parents. I think the PTO wants parental involvment, but the meetings are set for times that only work for stay at home moms. As a working mom, that is very disheartening.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School
1266 West Oro Grande Dr, Pueblo West, CO  81007
Last modified Cedar Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top