Haaff Elementary School 1

Posted June 20, 2012
This school used to be great. Now with the current principal and contionous parent complaints he is still there and nothing resolved. Children are yelled at by the teachers and they dont worry about getting in trouble because of the tenure. Both Kindergarden teachers have no reason to be there as they have been moved many times and do not work well with the children and yell alot as well as make them cry and feel worthless. The secetary needs to go back to working at a middle school because she is rude and disrespectful to both parents and students. Pricnipal will pull your child in the office and yell or intimadate them as we have seen helping out.Music teacher yells and doesnt teach. Media teacher needs to find another job because he is not kid friendly. Lunch is like a prison and the staff eats more than their share and food runs out by the time the older kids get to eat.So always pack a lunch for your children or plan on being there for their lunch. Its a shame this school has gone dowwn so much when it used to be the best. All my kids were able to graduate from here, we are leaving because I do not want my youngest to go through another year or trauma as a straight A student

Posted April 10, 2012
When we first moved here we were told that Haaff was one of the best schools in Pueblo. I can't say that I'm impressed. My daughter started here second semester of kindergarten and within a couple weeks started having problems with a little boy hitting her. We talked to the teacher and the principal and both assured us it would stop. Well she ended up in the same class as this boy this year too and he continued to hit her. It wasn't until he started doing inappropriate things to her that his parents were finally called. That situation seems to be fixed now, but I am not impressed with her teacher either. She had a substitute for the first semester because the main teacher was on maternity leave. Now the main teacher is back and she doesn't seem to care about the kids or about teaching. She rarely walks her kids to their pickup spot either; she sends them with another teacher. The teachers here seem to yell at the students alot too. Just doesn't seem like a warm, caring environment for the kids to learn in. I can't wait to move so we can take our daughter out of this school.

Haaff Elementary School 5

Posted December 15, 2009
Haaff Elementary is a great school. I have helped out once a week for several years. I have seen kids who can barely read be taught to read and brought up to grade level and beyond. Kids who are above level are also challenged and continue to learn and grow. The teachers are great to work with. If your child needs help they are willing to talk and help find a solution. The principal greets the kids by name with a smile. Best Elementary school my kids have been in, of several.

Haaff Elementary School 5

Posted July 09, 2008
I have had nothing but great experiances with Haaff the teachers, principle, everyone. My children have excelled in every area. I also help out once a week. I would recommend this school to any parent who would like to see their child succeed.

Posted October 29, 2007
This little school used to be one of the best kept secrets in the district. Under Principal Ferguson, the school thrived. Now unhappy parents are pulling their children, CSAP's have dropped and veteran teachers have also chosen to leave. I guess you can draw your own conclusions. Also, if you live in the 'right neighborhood' your child might get a fair shake and get to participate in some of the activities.. Good luck!

Posted August 27, 2006

Haaff Elementary School
15 Chinook Ln, Pueblo, CO  81001
Last modified Haaff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haaff Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top