Bad
Good

Risley Middle School. To start off, I am a student there. What better point of view than than from a student? Many People and certain students give our school a bad name. Yes, there are behavioral issues, but that doesn't mean that every student is terrible. Me for example, I have straight A's and several of my peers maintain an A or B average. Don't automatically judge the entire school because of other students. Honestly, I've had outstanding teachers that have given me many homework assignments and projects to complete. I feel like I really grew as a student this year, and all it took was effort. The teachers are supportive, kind, and they really pushed us to strive in our academics. The result? Higher test scores and better grades. Now, I've seen the issues with behavior and supplies, but I've also seen the dedication that several teachers made to supply the things necessary. Our school also has so much heart. Risley Middle School is a family both in sports and academics. Students try so hard to strive and a myriad of them have. Perhaps many students are bad, but not everyone is. I'm proud to attend Risley, and Although others see it as the worst school ever, I disagree.

I would not recommend this school to anyone. The student behavior is beyond anything I've seen in any school. Discipline barely exists. Teachers can't teach, they are too busy trying to maintain order. Students are in charge of the school and they know it. Students come to class with no pencil or paper and are outraged when the teacher can't supply them. Homework is not assigned because it is never done. There are only a handful of students in each grade that actually care about their education; the same is true of the parents.

This school is one of the worst I have ever seen. I regret putting my daughter in it and she will not be atending any longer.

This school is a really great school. THe teachers push students to do their best, and the kids try to do their best. The principal deals with behavioral problems in an effective way.

Risley Middle School is the best in pueblo becauce students are polite and better that people think. They are very smart and helpful>

Last modified James H Risley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.