Bad
Good

"Terrible" I believe is too harsh of a word to describe the school. However, "bad" would give the school two stars, which it doesn't deserve. I am a graduate student teacher; the time I spend inside the school is roughly four hours a day, four days a week. I field study in two types of classrooms, (general) population and special needs. The range of talented instructors exists within their walls. What I am about to share has to deal with the Principal and School Counselors. It is sad to report that character leadership is lacking at this level. With regret, I personally have witnessed and overheard these individuals gossip, make fun, complain, and show a level of disrespect against their fellow educators, education staff, along with ill-mannered remarks against their own students. The bully problem starts here, and if the community wishes to change this for their children, the problem cannot be fixed with a bottom-up approach. The counselors will talk behind your back while they put makeup on their faces, and the Principal relies too much on punishment and embarrassment as a strategy to change behavior and improve scoring on tests. It makes me sad to report this; I wish this wasn't true.

I removed my child from this school after a bulling incident when the principal told me "My God it was only pea gravel." To me that shows that bulling is allowed.

Last modified Park View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.