Pueblo, CO
Students enrolled: 1,394

Posted January 16, 2011
This is my first year at South and it's been a blast. I switched districts becuase I hated my other school. I've had a really great experience. The math program is amazing! I'm also in band which has been the best. We are a really close group of people and I love going to school there. The academics are great. I came from a different district and have to say that it's been a wonderful challenge. The extra curricular activited are great too.

South High School 2

Posted March 31, 2010
I used to think South was the best high school in Pueblo. Not anymore! Since introducing the 'block schedule' , the school has gone down hill dramatically. My son, this year, has a lot of 'downtime' during the day, and no homework. I certainly do not think he is getting the one year of learning in one semester. It also concerns me that with some classes, such as math and foreign languages, the retention rate between semesters will be affected. It is highly likely that these classes will be taken during the fall semester, then not again until spring semester the following year, this is almost a 10 month gap in subjects they are bound to forget. Class availability is difficult if you are in band, choir, etc. Teachers are great, but moral seems to be slipping with frustration.

Posted March 21, 2010
I am impressed with the students at South High just because there are a few bad apples enrolled does not mean all students are doing wrong. The students have been very involved in helping our community and volunteering their time. These students work hard and should be recognized for their dedication to our community and their own education. All schools have good and bad it is up to the individual to make the right choice. As a parent it is our job to be involved in the lives of our children. Being good role models contributes to having a child that can make good choices. I do believe that there are teachers that should not be hired as a role model for our children but hopefully in the future that they will look into a persons past before giving them such an important job.

Posted May 21, 2009

South High School 4

Posted June 21, 2008
South High is a very wonderful place for children who want to become successful. Sure it is the school you love to hate but it happens in all schools South is the model school so we are always in the spot light good or bad. The staff is wonderful people who are there to help students be successful the coaches are the best! If you can not cut the grade you do not play. I recommend this school to any one looking for great high school!

South High School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
although considered one of the best high schools in town, i'm an outcast for not being involved in the athletics program. the teachers are ok with a select few being outstanding. its a great school for kids who love to play sports, or be in band, but as an orchestra student i expected more. comming form a middle school of around 25 players to 11 players total and only, me a freshman, knew what i was doing. overall its a mid-rate school, i wouldent go out of your way to send your kid there if you dont live in the area.

South High School 1

Posted April 26, 2008
3/4 of my children went to South High and were treated with disrespect, and had problems with alot of their own teachers. They were all good kids and made good grades but dropped out because of the teachers, other students , the AP, and werent excepted into sports because he was from another town. I think that this is honestly the worst school in town at the moment because of these reasons. If i ever had another child i would never send them to that school.

Posted December 05, 2006
- a former student
The athletics at South High School are the most competitive in town. Everyone is welcome to play and will succeed depending on their efforts and abilities. Students come from all over town to be apart of the successful athletic programs at this fine high school.

South High School 4

Posted December 14, 2005
- a former student
They do have a very good arts department--recitals, plays, shows, art exhibits and whatnot. Their sports equipment is about up to date. And they have lots of clubs to join and it is in fact one of the safetes schools in town.

South High School 3

Posted December 02, 2005
The academic programs at this high school are second to none. Great emphasis is put on learning the material both visually and hands-on. South is the top school for many sports in the Southern Colorado area. Extra curricular activities need work but the parent involvement is top notch.

South High School
1801 Hollywood Dr, Pueblo, CO  81005
Last modified South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top