No rating

Trinity Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 9 students

Living in Pueblo

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $67,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $580.

Posted July 30, 2011

Normally I would not join in rating my child's school, but the last couple of reviews here are quite a bit off base. Unfortunately they are correct in stating that the school has gone down hill this past year. The principal/8th grade teacher is far too passive in regards to parents having problems with staff,general discipline, and in his teaching style (much too simple). The 7th grade teacher teaches literature, bible study, and math. He is the top teacher and most dedicated teacher at this school, an excellent role model,and my kids cannot wait to have him for their teacher. The 5th grade teacher is scary strict-too strict for children of that age. The school board replaced one excellent teacher with an very inexperienced young woman who just wants to be friends with the students and parents. Trinty's science program should improve drastically this year without the program they previously had. Trinity has some major hurdles to overcome to get back to the wonderful all around school it was several years ago. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Posted July 19, 2011

Ok, if you are reading this site you are going to be subject to a variety of posts by a varitey of parents. Some of these parents are extremely satisfied, some are not. What is the most important thing to remember is that only you can decide what is best for your child. That being said, here is my overview: Your child will learn a lot of things here. The academics are average in comparison to public school. I do see this school falling behind rapidly if changes are not made. There was a wonderful science program that was up and running with a teacher who was always looking to better the kids but she has since left due to a lack of support from the board and the school in general. That I know of, currently the homeroom teachers will be "teaching" science-bad idea.. Math and Language are great for the middle school-your kids will learn a great deal here. History needs imporvement. There is not much for electives unless you like music. For the most part, christian values are taught here but are easily pushed aside when conflice arises. In general students are not held accountable for their actions and are allowed to do as they wish. Some major changes are needed.

Posted June 30, 2011

Kindergarten and first grade teachers = great and fun! Second and third grade teachers = so-so! Fourth teacher = too young to know how to properly prepare for fifth grade (no accountability for students) Fifth grade teacher = no patience! Middle school Language teacher = wonderful and caring! Middle school math teacher = terrific role-model, excellent teacher! Middle school history teacher = too busy to teach properly! Principal=not interested in doing a proper job

Posted May 31, 2011

In response to the parent who questioned if the complaints about the school had been taken to the principle or the school board. I would like to inform you that many issues this school year were taken to the principle and after there was no action, the school board was informed. The school board determined that they support the inept principle and they are unwilling to take the necessary action to improve the school. Nothing has changed, the teachers are still bullies and think they are always right. I highly discourage parent from enrolling in this school.If you do , do not be surprised with what you get.

Posted May 7, 2011

At this time, I am disappointed with the faculty at Trinity. They favor students, break their OWN rules in the handbook, and let teacher's children get away with many things. Though the math and science teacher are excellent, the other teachers in the middle school need to leave ASAP. I will not consider sending my child here again.

Posted May 2, 2011

This school was good until middle school...... ITWENT DOWNHILL The middle school teachers are good.

Posted April 2, 2011

Bad school! My child has been bullied constantly! This is a very bad school! My son was beaten! Two 6th grade boys beat up my 2nd grade son! Do not send your child to this horrible school! Hurtful children! Very un-Christian!

Posted January 27, 2011

We sent both our children through Trinity. The Christian atmosphere was excellent - our main reason for sending them there. The education they received was outstanding. While no school is perfect, we found that our children were well equipped for high school, they learned how to do homework - on their own - they learned to respect their teachers - they learned how to manage their time to get their homework done and do other things. Public school teachers have made comments to us on how our children behave and they can tell the students from Trinity - because of everything I mentioned above. Once again, no school is perfect but we found Trinity to be an excellent fit for our family.

Posted January 21, 2011

Wow, things never change. This is the most toxic school I have ever seen. I pulled my kids out a few years ago because my younger son was being mistreated by his teacher and the principal. I moved both of my boys to public school and they thrived. In fact, the free public school was academically ahead of this overpriced, God awful excuse of a school. Not all of the teachers have accreditation, so many are of low quality; the principal has the worst leadership skills I have ever seen; the parents are the nastiest most back stabbing bunch; and the students have the most rotten attitudes. There is an elitist caste system where parents and kids of well connected, wealthy families do whatever they want with impunity. A Christian school, this place is not.

Posted November 2, 2010

Do not believe everything you read in the newspaper article! Only a couple of teachers would be considered "excellent". Parents are unkind and gossip about everyone (students, parents, staff) who they do not like. If your child has difficulty learning in the classroom they will suggest you take him/her to public school. (that's what happened to us; just because my child was not getting good enough grades!)

Posted December 18, 2009

I just started here and I love it. Everyone is nice and has a Christian attitude. The education is fanominal. There are so many great things to do too. They have an excellent sports program and a fantastic choir. It is probably the best school in pueblo
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 14, 2009

What a WONDERFUL school!!! My children are receiving an excellent education with HIGH Chirstian values! The teachers go way above what is expected of them and will do anything to help a student! Unfortunately I have seen parents who will flat out lie in order to get their child out of trouble. Trinity does NOT tolerate this! Their discipline policy is excellent and I applaud the teachers and staff for treating the children as one of their very own! The education is well above any public school in the area. The students are very prepared for high school. My son, during his freshman year in HS was amazed that their were kids who did not know the basics of grammar and math. The teachers at the high schools know that a Trinity graduate is a well prepared and responsible student!

Posted August 19, 2008

It was interesting to come across this site again after originally posting in Feb 05, back when our daughter was a kindergartner. She is still at Trinity and will be starting the 4th grade. I feel that some of the negative comments are indeed legitimate complaints, but I overwhelmingly agree with the positive reviews. No school is perfect. I, too, have observed the elitism/materialism, which contradict the Christian values that are supposed to be taught and it used to really bother me. However, I've never experienced those kind of attitudes from the staff (they've been very supportive & understanding when I've mentioned my concerns). Over time and after many discussions with our daughter I have come to realize that this is more my issue, not hers. She LOVES her school and does well academically. Overall, we are pretty happy with it too.

Posted August 8, 2008

My daughter has attended this school. It has a feeling of home and the teachers really care about the kids. Christian values are evident and I love this school.

Posted May 19, 2008

Trinity is a wonderful school. In today s society, it s nice to send our kids to a school that s allowed to reinforce the values we teach at home.

Posted March 6, 2008

When questioned what policies do you have when a child becomes physical with another child - the response was 'depends'. This school does not have a full time principal, the principal expects the teachers to handle situations on their own. Our son left here and was behind in math and had to do catch up. I think that this is the best private school in Pueblo, but there are not many to choose from. They really need administration to run this school. A full time principal, not an 8th grade teacher that is available at the end of the day.

Posted December 11, 2006

My daughter and niece have attended Trinity since pre-school. The experience has been nothing but positive for both of them. I was amazed to see a few bad reviews, but that is to be expected where ever you go. Almost all of the the children in my daughters class have been at Trinity since they were in pre-school, I think this fact speaks for itself.

Posted August 26, 2006

I have three grandchildren at Trinity. I am very pleased with the education and Christian values that my grandchildren have received both in the school and child care center. It is sad to see that some parents see this as detrimental to their children.

Posted March 30, 2005

I feel that Trinity was a good school, with a good education system. When I attended Trinity. This school does have a wonderful sports program, however, if they feel that you are not good enough, they won't let you play. I did play volleyball and did very well. Teacher to student ratio is small, and that's what I did like about it. There is an intense parent involvement, when I was going there, they would send home a 'blue slip' for the parent to sign if homework was not completed. I do like this school and would recommend it to anyone. If you wish to email me, I will be most happy to share my entire experience with you.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 30, 2005

I think that Trinity is a good school. Keep up the excellency!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

• Randy Daberkow
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious