PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 05, 2015
Look at the Iowa scores. This school is excelling. I'm sure the new staff will carry the torch of excellence far better.

Posted July 31, 2015
I have asked over and over for the school leadership to meet with me about my bill. The school has avoided the issue to either credit my account or refund it. I wish I could say that I will be sending my children back, however I am disappointed with the administration and principal he has not replied to my emails or my phone calls to meet with what would've been my daughters teacher. So my advice is be careful for if your looking for communication it is lacking and I'm sadden on the good Christian values have left when all the great teacher left the school.

Posted July 23, 2015
A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing great employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation. Sounds EXACTLY like the past school year at Trinity. Only one great teacher remains, and who knows for how long they will be able to deal with the arrogance, unprofessionalism, and unChristian values that came along with the new management.

Trinity Lutheran School 4

Posted July 22, 2015
I really appreciate all the support the teachers give my daughter in her education. Change at this school was necessary and I'm excited to see what the year brings.

Trinity Lutheran School 4

Posted July 21, 2015
Our children have attended this school for several years and have a genuine love and caring for their school, their teachers and their classmates. Our children are sad to see the school year end and by mid July are counting the days in anticipation of returning to Trinity for their new school year. I believe there many dedicated, Christ centered families and staff members at this school. I also believe that as leadership changes happen as within any professional setting many are happy with change while others are displeased with change. Change can be embraced positively or negatively, we all get the right to make that determination for ourselves. I find it very disheartening that people have used this site to air their displeasure with happenings at the school. It is neither constructive or necessary to tear people or institutions down to have your opinion or your grievance be heard. There is enough negative in the world and perhaps trying to be an advocate and part of the solution would serve this school and the Trinity students and families much better. Schools and teachers are only part of the equation in a child's education, parent involvement, parents holding their children accountable and supporting the staff is also needed. It take a village to raise children and pointing fingers and making people the villain accomplishes very little if anything. Our experience with our children has been they are shown love, grace, kindness, integrity, honesty, compassion and passion from the staff and their peers and are led towards academic excellence. All organizations have growing pains and experience resistance to change and reorganizations. It would be great if we could all learn how to deal with people we don't agree with on every subject manner with respect and dignity, that is a real world life lesson we should be modeling for our children. There are many teachings in the Bible regarding biblical pruning, refer to John15, Psalm 51, dozens more exist as well. Also worth a read is www.housetohouse.com 2 part article on God is Pruning Me. I am disappointed that some teachers decided to leave too but I also know that if people don't believe in something it is best for them and others to explore new opportunities for their own benefit and for the benefit of the school. "Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Gandhi

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 26, 2015
It used to be, but that's all changing under the new management. Students used to be held accountable, but now there are no consequences.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 26, 2015
A school that develops honesty, integrity and fairness in it's students does so by example. Trinity Lutheran School is now under leadership based on lies, deceit, and bully behaviors. This school used to be the top-notch place to send your children to, but in one year poor leadership has sunk this school. Two board members, five teachers, one secretary and two preschool teachers are all gone. Yes when a new administrator comes in there are supposed to be "growing pains" but that's A LOT of people who left this school. A LOT of quality educators, that had poured their lives into this school. When the administration is confronted about these "growing pains" stories, rumors and lies have been told. When asked why teachers left, I was told lies. I know, because I asked those teachers as well. It's funny to me that people on this forum talk about how Trinity is better than "public school", well I pay a substantial amount of tuition to this PRIVATE, CHRISTIAN school. I pay so that my children don't have to be in that "public" school. It seems that the current administration is running Trinity like a public school (more about numbers and less about quality education). Just because there are more students, it does not mean that there are more paying students. If a child comes in on scholarship, I would hope that they would be held to as high a standard as the paying students, but this has been proven false as well. So "public school" for FREE doesn't look that bad! It saddens me that after 1 school year so many traditions, values and moral have been lost from this school. It is obvious that the school board is sticking with their decision to bring in this bully, but my decision to keep my children at Trinity has been made too, and that would never happen!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 26, 2015
There are only a couple teachers with any experience left. The principal, and his wife are VERY INEFFECTIVE teachers.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 26, 2015
The principal allows students to run through the school and throw snowballs at each other.

Posted June 26, 2015
I'm very sad that the lack of Christian values has taken this school over! It is horrific that the new administration has been allowed to bully staff, students and parents.

701 West Evans Avenue, Pueblo, CO  81004
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8