Pueblo, CO

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 26, 2015
It used to be, but that's all changing under the new management. Students used to be held accountable, but now there are no consequences.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 26, 2015
A school that develops honesty, integrity and fairness in it's students does so by example. Trinity Lutheran School is now under leadership based on lies, deceit, and bully behaviors. This school used to be the top-notch place to send your children to, but in one year poor leadership has sunk this school. Two board members, five teachers, one secretary and two preschool teachers are all gone. Yes when a new administrator comes in there are supposed to be "growing pains" but that's A LOT of people who left this school. A LOT of quality educators, that had poured their lives into this school. When the administration is confronted about these "growing pains" stories, rumors and lies have been told. When asked why teachers left, I was told lies. I know, because I asked those teachers as well. It's funny to me that people on this forum talk about how Trinity is better than "public school", well I pay a substantial amount of tuition to this PRIVATE, CHRISTIAN school. I pay so that my children don't have to be in that "public" school. It seems that the current administration is running Trinity like a public school (more about numbers and less about quality education). Just because there are more students, it does not mean that there are more paying students. If a child comes in on scholarship, I would hope that they would be held to as high a standard as the paying students, but this has been proven false as well. So "public school" for FREE doesn't look that bad! It saddens me that after 1 school year so many traditions, values and moral have been lost from this school. It is obvious that the school board is sticking with their decision to bring in this bully, but my decision to keep my children at Trinity has been made too, and that would never happen!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 26, 2015
There are only a couple teachers with any experience left. The principal, and his wife are VERY INEFFECTIVE teachers.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 26, 2015
The principal allows students to run through the school and throw snowballs at each other.

Posted June 26, 2015
I'm very sad that the lack of Christian values has taken this school over! It is horrific that the new administration has been allowed to bully staff, students and parents.

Posted June 14, 2015
After reading the recent comments, I felt the need to share our families experience with Trinity. Our children have attended this school for four years. We love this school and felt a change in leadership was needed. I am a public school teacher who chose the private school route for our children for many reasons. This school has provided a top notch education for our kids, and they are learning at a pace that far outweighs what a child will receive in this towns public education. I should know I work in the public schools and see what students of the same age are learning, it doesn't even compare. Any time we've had an issue (only twice this year) it has been handled by the Principal swiftly and effectively. I have always felt I could approach the leadership with any questions or concerns and I was heard. As far as the technology piece, have you been to our public schools lately? Many have terrible technological issues including the dire need for updated technology and internet connectivity problems. Our children continue to have a strong Christian education that is top notch! Yes, teachers are leaving, but this is similar to public schools. When a new Principal comes in there are personality conflicts because teachers are use to the former Principals style. It's not a bad thing, it's just how it is. So the teachers leave and new ones come in. Change is not always a bad, in some cases it can be a wonderful blessing. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but I find it disheartening when it seems as though the negative comments are being made for the sole purpose of seeing this school fail. I stand by this school and am so appreciative of the Christian education my children are receiving.

Posted May 19, 2015
With so many teachers resigning for the sole reason of lack of Christian leadership, we cannot return next year. Children need support from teachers, and teachers need support from school and church leaders. Because there is now no discipline, security is laughable (I have been let in the building by a 10 year old sitting at the desk in the office several times recently.) and chapel is not the spiritual place it is intended to be, seriously think twice about enrolling your children. Sadly, the teachers who are leaving cannot be relpaced. Classroom teachers are excellent instructors and role models.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 16, 2015
If you are visiting this site to get information about our school, it is my prayer that you would keep an open mind and rather than base your decisions on what you read, that you would come and meet our Principal, let him tell you about Trinity Lutheran School and what our Mission is here. Yes he will tell you about his background, as to inform you of his qualifications and his commitment to Trinity and your child. As Secretary of Trinity Lutheran Church for the past 28 years I have seen several teachers and 3 principals come and go. Mean and vicious things have been said in the past, and yet Trinity Lutheran School remains a strong force in our community! Because GOD has a plan, and as long as there are children who need the opportunity to come here and be taught by dedicated teachers who love them and are willing to work together, HIS plan will continue! If changes need to be made to accomplish HIS purpose, HE will see to it that they are made! HE has brought to Trinity a strong and knowledgeable Administrator, who has remained faithful to his Call here and has proven that he will continue to do so. And like so many I am so glad and thankful that he is.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 14, 2015
Please, please think twice before considering Trinity Lutheran. I see a complete breakdown of morality there. It's not even about Christianity, it's simple right and wrong being ignored despite the teachers' best efforts. Our favorite teachers are leaving. Behaviour problems are escalating. The whole school is a battleground of spiritual warfare. We are so sad. We loved it there but it is clear that it's time to move on.
7 people found this helpful

Posted May 07, 2015
My husband and I went over to Trinity a couple weeks ago for a tour, about 2:00 in the afternoon. We were greeted immediately and made to feel at home, something not commonly found in schools in Pueblo. The lady in the office that gave us the tour and the Principal were genuinely caring people. We enjoyed seeing all of the children busy at work in their classrooms. After falling in love with the school, I came on here to read the reviews. I was disappointed to read all of the comments recently berating the school. The comments of those that are upset seem very immature and boarder on slander. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have a feeling that those that are dissatisfied will find that the chaos they choose to thrive in, will follow them wherever they go. Good luck to those moving on, but for us and our family,Trinity is a perfect fit!
7 people found this helpful

701 West Evans Avenue, Pueblo, CO  81004
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Trinity Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top