Pueblo, CO

Posted May 19, 2015
With so many teachers resigning for the sole reason of lack of Christian leadership, we cannot return next year. Children need support from teachers, and teachers need support from school and church leaders. Because there is now no discipline, security is laughable (I have been let in the building by a 10 year old sitting at the desk in the office several times recently.) and chapel is not the spiritual place it is intended to be, seriously think twice about enrolling your children. Sadly, the teachers who are leaving cannot be relpaced. Classroom teachers are excellent instructors and role models.

Posted May 16, 2015
If you are visiting this site to get information about our school, it is my prayer that you would keep an open mind and rather than base your decisions on what you read, that you would come and meet our Principal, let him tell you about Trinity Lutheran School and what our Mission is here. Yes he will tell you about his background, as to inform you of his qualifications and his commitment to Trinity and your child. As Secretary of Trinity Lutheran Church for the past 28 years I have seen several teachers and 3 principals come and go. Mean and vicious things have been said in the past, and yet Trinity Lutheran School remains a strong force in our community! Because GOD has a plan, and as long as there are children who need the opportunity to come here and be taught by dedicated teachers who love them and are willing to work together, HIS plan will continue! If changes need to be made to accomplish HIS purpose, HE will see to it that they are made! HE has brought to Trinity a strong and knowledgeable Administrator, who has remained faithful to his Call here and has proven that he will continue to do so. And like so many I am so glad and thankful that he is.

Posted May 14, 2015
Please, please think twice before considering Trinity Lutheran. I see a complete breakdown of morality there. It's not even about Christianity, it's simple right and wrong being ignored despite the teachers' best efforts. Our favorite teachers are leaving. Behaviour problems are escalating. The whole school is a battleground of spiritual warfare. We are so sad. We loved it there but it is clear that it's time to move on.

Posted May 07, 2015
My husband and I went over to Trinity a couple weeks ago for a tour, about 2:00 in the afternoon. We were greeted immediately and made to feel at home, something not commonly found in schools in Pueblo. The lady in the office that gave us the tour and the Principal were genuinely caring people. We enjoyed seeing all of the children busy at work in their classrooms. After falling in love with the school, I came on here to read the reviews. I was disappointed to read all of the comments recently berating the school. The comments of those that are upset seem very immature and boarder on slander. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have a feeling that those that are dissatisfied will find that the chaos they choose to thrive in, will follow them wherever they go. Good luck to those moving on, but for us and our family,Trinity is a perfect fit!

Posted May 07, 2015
I have been the First Grade teacher here since 1994. The posts that have been written about this school and the new administrator are disgusting. Many of you say that you will be going elsewhere because this school no longer has Christian values. I ask you to read the words that you wrote and tell me how "Christian" they are. I ask you to say a prayer for our school and for those who feel that they need to bring others down with evil words.

Posted May 07, 2015
What is going on at this school? People are fighting and gossiping, several teachers are leaving and the curriculum doesn't seem to be centered on God anymore. I do not want my children in an environment like this. Yikes! I guess we will be giving public school a try. It will probly be a more peaceful environment than Trinity has become. Good luck, Trinity. you're going to need it.

Posted May 06, 2015
Trinity has made quite a few great improvements this school year! They have had a very high number of new students this year, and the new Administrator is very nice and understanding. Trinity School is definitely a place where your children get a good education and Christian Values. I know I will be bringing my younger child here as soon as they are old enough!

Posted May 06, 2015
I am the child care teacher in the Early Learning Center. I have been at Trinity since September, 2011. I am on my third principle and second director. Yes, there have been a lot of changes in the past few years and that is never easy. However, I can say that when I started working there, those of us in the ELC felt like ugly step-children. We were not a cohesive school. That has changed considerably. We are now one school who's mission is to be Christ's light in this city. I can't speak to specifics on the elementary side, because I am busy in my classroom. I can say that I am happy with where we are going, I feel supported in my work, and am glad to be part of the Trinity family. I would encourage anyone looking for a Christian education for their child/ren to visit us.

Posted May 05, 2015
It is sad to see what is happening at Trinity. The new principal is the worst administrator I have ever seen. He is a sexist bully who is unable to make sound decisions about how to run a school. The teachers technology is always malfunctioning due to his shoddy technology setup and the kids can't even use the computers in their classroom because they internet is so slow. God forbid your kid gets sick in the afternoon because there's no one in the office for the entire afternoon! No one to asnwer the door or help my kid! Apparently the principal is not concerned with student safety. All he seems to care about is how much recess and PE his kids are getting (over an hour and half every day. insane!) and how much fun they have. The principal will not help if you have a situation, he will just side with his "yes men" and the parents who are his buddies. I've been so frustrated this year and I can't wait until the school year is over to take my child somewhere else. It seems that God and excellent academics are no longer a part of Trinity. Very disappointing. Look elsewhere for a quality education.

Posted May 04, 2015
Trinity is a great school if you are looking for a school with small class sizes. This isn't just a Private school. It is a Christian school where the focus is love for everyone. This school is in a transition period, having brought in a new Principal this year. With this transition, the school has already grown! The teachers at the school, for the most part, teach to all abilities and disabilities and accept every student with open, loving arms regardless of financial status. The school focuses on helping others and giving back to the community. The tuition is much more reasonable than other schools in the area and you definitely get your moneys worth with what all the kids learn each and every day. This is a school that has a great curriculum (no state standardized tests), the structure and routine keep the kids knowing what is expected of them, and the kids are expected to take part in choir, band and/or sports (not found in other schools). The parents are great at getting involved on all levels in the classroom, with the extra-curricular activities and even the annual fundraisers. This really is a school with a great family environment!

Trinity Lutheran School
701 West Evans Avenue, Pueblo, CO  81004
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Trinity Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top