Corwin International Magnet School 3

Posted December 06, 2014
Great I have read about it.In January I am going to register my child for the next year

Posted January 14, 2014
Our school is an International Baccalaureate school. As an authorized IB school, we offer students an education that focuses on being a citizen of the world.

Posted December 15, 2013
Corwin IMS has been given the CDE's John Irwin Award for Excellence for the school year 12 13. It means for the 3 yr performance framework, the school exceeds in its achievement indicators. This boils down to being in the highest 10% of CO's schools in achievement levels for at least 2 of the 4 scored subject areas of the TCAP (English, Math, Reading, & Science). This is quite an impressive feat indeed for Corwin! Perhaps, I'm more impressed in our gaining this award than our companion award winners, Fountain IMS and The Connect Academy. Fountain is Corwin's feeder school, but it has only 1 grade contributing to its TCAP scores (3rd grade). Corwin has 5 (4th - 8th grades). Think of herding 5 cats to just 1; and 3 of those being middle schoolers, to boot! The Connect Academy really can't fail to have received it (darn near); having only 4% or so of its students receiving Free and Reduced Lunches vs. 44% of Corwin's student receiving likewise. BTW, Educational research suggests there is a strong correlation of a student's achievement to their SES level (indicated by this FRL score). Congrats Corwin Admins, Teachers, and Students on receiving this highly deserved award!!

Corwin International Magnet School 4

Posted August 24, 2012
I am a student at Corwin, and this is my last year there. Well, as far as academics go, this school is five-star rate. The courses are challenging and somewhat fun. But, I will admit Corwin has its problems. Its main problems is they are disorganized! They allow too many kids into the school, making the hallways crowded and difficult to navigate. Some of their rules are ridiculous; I mean, they're all fine and dandy for the littler ones. But in seventh and eighth grade, I believe it would be fair for us to be able to sit by our friends at lunchtime. If you don't have any friends in your advisory, you're out of luck. The students are mostly okay; there's a few who are beastly mean and innapropriate. Most teachers are okay. There seems to be a few who play favorites, and if they do they can be unfair. That is all.

Corwin International Magnet School 4

Posted January 30, 2012
Great academic program. Poor environment to allow young people to grow up. School rules are appropriate for the younger students, but are too strict for older students.

Corwin International Magnet School 1

Posted January 29, 2012
I was a middle school student at CIMS for six months and I couldn't wait to leave. The school itself is more preoccupied with its reputation than the students' welfare. The teachers have absolutely no control over classrooms, making learning impossible. Though some of the teachers at Corwin were nice, others were absolute monsters who didn't deserve to be within a ten mile radius of children. One teacher would constantly try to humiliate me in his class though I was an straight A and GT student in both academics and behavior. This school works heavily on a favorite basis. If you aren't 'buddy buddy' with a teacher, you're out of luck. The students here are vicious, unlike any I've ever seen before. They go out of their way to bully, and the teachers don't do anything. I was actually told 'I hate you' by a student on my first day just for answering a question correctly in Music class. To sum it up, Corwin is a great school if you don't want to learn and you actually like teachers treating you like scum.

Posted July 14, 2010
I am a student of this school. I love the cirriculum and teachers. They use more technology and more hands-on things then other schools. :)

Corwin International Magnet School
1500 Lakeview Ave, Pueblo, CO  81004
Last modified Corwin International Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corwin International Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top