Fountain International Magnet School 5

Posted October 29, 2010
I believe FIMS was initially to be a Lottery (but 1st the parents had to be interested enough in having there children attend to put them on the waiting list). But as time came near to do the Lottery they rearranged the student population at FIMS (PK-3) and CIMS (4-8), so that all could attend that were on the waitlists. So first most, it was not a lottery manner that was used to select who'd attended, but rather a parent interest manner. The curriculum had been suggested to parents be rigorous, so the parents that placed there kids on the waiting list must have thought that they were up to the challenge. And the children that weren't, they've work extended afterschool and intersession classes. I seems to work out very well for all, no complaints here...

Fountain International Magnet School 5

Posted June 03, 2010
FIMS is a wonderful school my son has been there for two years and I can't say enough. The teachers are caring and the school teaches the whole child. The students are able to take art, spanish and gym. A great school!!!

Fountain International Magnet School 2

Posted April 27, 2010
While 1st impressions of this school seems attractive, once involved, it is different. There is no individuality in classrooms that are 24 students this year and expected to be 28 next. Teaching to the test overrides teaching children how to problem solve. High test scores appear great, but the state is ranked 47th in the country for education. My child is proficient in testing at a school, in a state ranked low in education. I am not really impressed. They advertise children are all to maintain a 3.5 GPA. The selection for students is based on a lottery. Statistics show a lottery would not turn out 100% of students who are capable the GPA required. What do they do with students who are not of 3.5 ability? If I had it to do again, I'd look elsewhere, for a school that is proven to turn out strong alumni.

Fountain International Magnet School 0

Posted February 18, 2010
Excellence is the only standard at FIMS. Our classroom teachers are the best in Colorado. The team of specialists is comprised of professionals that are acccomplished in their field. Each member of the support staff shows a pride of ownership and accountablity to our school. The polished appearance of our uniformed students and teachers is just one way that we shine in our community. The everpresent affirmative attitude and positive energy at Fountain should be a beacon to all. We are very proud of our school and look forward to the continuation of excellence at Corwin.

Fountain International Magnet School
925 North Glendale Ave, Pueblo, CO  81001
Last modified Fountain International Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fountain International Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top