Rye, CO

Rye High School 1

Posted May 07, 2009

Rye High School 2

Posted March 31, 2009
I am a current student at Rye High School, and I have to say that I don't like the academics at Rye. The music program is small, but it is growing. The math program is terrible, and they continue to cut back on advanced classes. Calculus was not offered this year. On top of that if a class is offered, like another math class you can take or another English class, you have to take that class even if you want to take a more advanced class either online or at the college level. Now you can take the upper level class, but you must also take the class offered at Rye. I do enjoy the people at Rye though. I love the teachers there and I love being able to know all the kids in the school and growing up with all the students.

Rye High School 0

Posted February 28, 2009
As a current Rye High Student I have to say i love it here.. Yes there are some areas where Rye High can improve but overall it is a great school. I have 3 older sisters that graduated from Rye and have become very successful people. and i have been raised in Rye from the very beginning... Most of the people in my class i have known since pre-school.. If you like small mountain towns.. Rye is perfect

Rye High School 0

Posted August 12, 2008
This is my 3rd year as a parent at Rye High, and I am also a 1989 Graduate. I am very satisfied with the communication between the parents and teachers, most will go out of their way to help the students instead of just pushing them through to the next grade. The teachers are way under paid for what they do for our children! The Sports are very well organized. Rye's sports build character, self-esteem, and life long memories for our kids. The Coaches are way under paid too! The Booster Club is OUTSTANDING and the parent and community involvment ,for this little town on Rye CO, are of equal praise. I recomend Rye High to those who want to watch your children grow and be involved with his/her growth through their High School Career! Parent, Salina Montano

Rye High School 3

Posted July 15, 2008
Rye High School isn't a very fun place to be. The principal is a dictator (Mussolini reincarnated.) The councilor does a terrible job scheduling classes. The students are the worst: 98% are cliq-ish (don't go there unless you're super popular!) and ignorant, but still pass their classes due to the fact extra credit is handed out like candy! Admittedly, most of the the teachers are great. They always have time to explain something you don't understand. My advice to you, dear reader, is if you have the choice to go to another school, please do. It is miserable here in this small town.

Rye High School 4

Posted September 28, 2006
If you are looking for a small, rural school, (160+ students) Rye High is a wonderful choice. The staff cares about the students not only on an academic level but also a personal one. The school/staff are forward thinking in their approach in preparing students for college, bringing technology to the arena when other southern Colorado schools show no interest. Because of the small classes, students do not get lost in the shuffle as they would in larger schools. In the area of class choices, there are limitations within the school building, but the district supplies other opportunities through online classes and working alongside Pueblo Community College and CSU-Pueblo. While academics, athletics and personal growth is high, the area of arts and music are in need of improvement - but the school is aware of that and working on that area. It's a wholesome area to raise children.

Posted October 19, 2005
As a student at Rye High School I would have to say that We are Very together. We have awesome athletics programs and out teachers work very hard to make sure we get the proper education that we need. Since we are a small school it makes it so much more easier for the teachers to heve one on one time with the students, which makes it easier to learn and to teach. Our school is awesome and if you are looking to move around our area dont even worry about the schools there absolutley awesome!

Posted April 01, 2005

Rye High School
1 High School Dr, Rye, CO  81069
Last modified Rye High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rye High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top