10-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school truly changed the direction of my life. The exceptional teachers and mentors I had taught me to learn from everything I do - to explore, to celebrate, to question - and to never stop!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

You'd be hard pressed to find a group of people who care more about creating a space in which young people can grow into a path that excites them.

I learned so much while I attended Steamboat Mountain School! My teachers and peers challenged me to do my best and try new things. The memories from my GIS travels and outdoor trips are unforgettable. In my classes, I learned to participate in group discussions and think about the topics outside of class.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The teachers make sure you are getting your homework in and attending class. I learned great study habits and how to set my priorities. The homework helped me stay on task and learn more so my time in the classroom was more productive.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Steamboat Mountain School are dedicated to ensuring that their students are successful in the classroom. They are available outside of class to meet with students and discuss any questions or concerns. The teachers are also friendly and compassionate. As an alumnus, I greatly enjoy visiting the school and catching up with my past teachers whom I can also call my friends.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

One way Steamboat Mountain School challenges its students is through the homework assignments. These assignments further students' knowledge and allow the students to create study habits that are useful beyond high school. Steamboat Mountain School has time allotted for study hall to encourage good study practices.

Steamboat Mountain School provides its students with a unique high school experience that you cannot find anywhere else. The opportunity to participate in either foreign travel or competitive winter sports allows the students to become versatile individuals. The academics are challenging and thoroughly prepare students for college, grad school, and beyond. Most importantly, the teachers and staff are dedicated and care for their students inside and outside the classroom. As an alumnus, I would recommend Steamboat Mountain School to anyone.

Nice faculty and staff, good facilities and programs available to students and some events open to community members as well.

The school's philosophy and staff need to change with the times. The majority of the faculty have been with the school for many years; however, the facultys' teaching style or school's philosophy have not changed to meet the new demographics. Many schools are running similar, better programs in populated areas of the US.

As I write this review, I await the return of my 15-year old daughter from her month long trip to Peru (!!!). I cannot overstate the benefit of the foreign travel program. It is such an incredible opportunity and an invaluable experience for children in this time of incredible worldwide networking.

Last modified Steamboat Mountain School is a Private school that serves grades 10-12