Posted November 23, 2014
This school should be investigated by the Colorado Department of Education. It has poor leadership and incompetent teachers. They know they can't get fired, so they will do and say whatever they want. Children are NOT getting a good education at Eldorado. Don't believe the review from September 28, 2014. IT'S A BOGUS REVIEW!! Every parent I've talked to feels the same way. We are ALL disgusted with Eldorado and the lack of leadership!! FIND A DIFFERENT SCHOOL.

Posted September 28, 2014
Eldorado K-8 is an amazing school! The staff and teachers are simply the best. I have two children going here and they are getting way more out of this school than the other schools they were at. They challenge the children and I like that! Thank you Eldorado!

Posted September 16, 2014
This was the worst experience I've had with a school. The admin in particular was terrible. They are extremely sexist, pressure students into telling them uncomfortable details, and show absolute disrespect to parents. They are sexist in many ways. A boy tried to touch my daughter in a sexual way, and she immediately told him to go away. The admin was told, and gave my daughter detention, telling her it was her fault. They dismissed the boys behavior as "boys will be boys" and gave him no punishment. Another incident where they used this disgusting excuse is while discussing the school's dress code with girls. The boys and girls were taken into separate rooms, and the girls were told that it was their fault if boys were distracted by them is class. Dress codes are not unreasonable, but the way it was presented was. While the girls were talking about dress code, the boys had a lighthearted conversation on how they should refrain from kicking each other in the crotch. I would think if they are so concerned about boys being distracted from they would talk about self control, but apparently that's not their problem. I will not be sending my son here.

Posted April 28, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't agree with the review on April 6, 2014. Other parents share my concerns regarding poor leadership skills and lack of support from teachers. Eldorado is sufficient as long as you don't have high expectations or believe that a high quality education is important. This school isn't for children that require extra help. Communication and dedication is nonexistent. There are no after school activities. It's sad that our children's education has become ONLY about fundraisers and donations. There are a few good teachers, but sadly, not enough to make a difference!!

Posted April 06, 2014
We have been very happy with Eldorado K-8. The principal is extremely engaged, and the teachers and teaching staff have been wonderful. The learning experience for our daughter has exceeded our expectations, and we appreciate the extremely positive environment. So much for the myth that Colorado has crummy public schools!

Eldorado K-8 School 3

Posted May 24, 2012
My daughter enjoyed the elementary school experience here and enjoyed the variety of extra-curricular activities. However, she wishes she had gone to another middle school (Louisville.) She was on the honor roll all 3 years in the middle school, but unlike her friend at Louisville, who got invited to a special ceremony for honor roll students every semester, she never got anything other than a paper certificate and a mention in the newsletter. Not even an award a graduation. She was extremely disappointed. Back when her brother was an 8th grader all honor roll students got a certificate, so she was so looking forward to that. Anyhow, I think Eldorado would be better for the middle schoolers if they switched to semesters. Many middle schools in BVSD are on semesters. I know it took my son a while to get adjusted to semesters in high school so I think this would help. The teacher quality is a mix: either excellent or so-so. What distressed my daughter was how some teachers played favorites. Another issue is that many teachers are extremely slow in updating grades and/or lose assignments.

Eldorado K-8 School 4

Posted December 27, 2011
We moved to the area this summer and all four of our kids go to this school including elementary and middle schoolers. We have found so far that the teachers are wonderful. The academic level seems to be as high as we would expect it to be. There seems to be a lot of parent involvement. I highly respect the principal this year (fall 2011). She is an amazing woman who has quickly learned all four of our children by name and knows about their personalities. We have been welcomed in as part of this community of families. One of our kids is in all accelerated classes and doing great with them. Another child needs extra support in reading and is receiving that as well. I have nothing negative to say about this school. So far, so good! We love it!

Posted May 30, 2011
Our family has been at the school for 4 years. Our children are excited to go to school every day, and we feel that they really do get personal attention. We get emails or messages in their backpacks with any concerns. Eldorado K-8 again won the prestigious John Irwin School of Excellence Award this year, indicating that Eldorado is in the top 8% of schools for the State of Colorado. Since our school has an unusually diverse population, this is truly a great achievement.

Eldorado K-8 School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Dedicated teachers and great principle!

Eldorado K-8 School 4

Posted March 21, 2009
My eldest has been there from kindergarten through 8th grade. It's been a great 9 years.

Eldorado K-8 School
3351 South Indiana St, Superior, CO  80027
Last modified Eldorado K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eldorado K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top