Bad
Good

I go to Stargate and it is an amazing school. So many clubs and activitys!!! the teachers are very intelligent and there is 0 bullying!!!

Stargate is an amazing school. The kids are terrific, the teachers are awesome, and know how to teach GT students, and the staff is incredible. Everyone who works at Stargate clearly cares about the kids, which I don't think you can say at other schools. And now with the expansion to include high school, and the building of the new campus, Stargate will just continue to get better and better.

I have a child that just completed second grade at Stargate School and another to start fall 2014. The school is really quite excellent. The sense of community is outstanding. The teachers are amazing. The principal is awesome. There are more specials offerings than the traditional schools.The music program is truly fantastic, I've been so impressed with it already. The homework levels seem to have dropped a lot since my kid started here. When she first started it seemed like there was a lot more homework, but I feel that they are working hard to ensure the load isn't too big so the kids can still do other things and you know, be kids. The rest of the district uses Everday Math, which I disagree with entirely. Stargate uses Singapore Math. At first it was frustrating to figure out what the purpose of the lower math was, but now that my daughter is entering 3rd grade I really see the true genius in it. The way she can manipulate numbers and do complex problems in her head is amazing. I do have concerns about the expansion plans, but the school has been around for 20 years, I do feel like they have as good of a chance as any of making it work and making it work well.

I am worried about the growth Stargate is allowing next year. I think it's too much, too fast. Adding kids in every grade K-5? How is that keeping standards high? What is the plan for incorporating all of these new students into the building and culture at Stargate? I wonder if this is just for money or if something else is happening. All I know is that it was difficult for my child to be accepted into the school and now it seems they are emptying the wait list to fill classrooms (classrooms they have no space for, by the way.) Can just anybody get in here now? These kids can't possibly all be of the same caliber and high IQ as past students who were accepted. It doesn't make sense and I am not buying all of the answers from administration. I might not wait to see what corner of the building my child is stuck into next year. I am very disappointed. This is not what we signed up for at Stargate.

We have one child at Stargate and he loves it,as do we. They recently changed their homework model which now allows kids to be kids, while still learning and being challenged. The Principal is very hands on in all aspects of the school and truly cares about the well being of each and every student. We are very excited that Stargate plans to expand from K-8 to K-12. I was worried that my son would leave Stargate and have to go to the assigned high school in our area, which is not rated very well. But now he can stay with Stargate until he leaves for college. The staff are trained on how to teach the GT students and are required to take continuous training each year to learn new GT teaching principles. My son is learning things in 1st grade, that I was never taught ever in my lower education years. And he comes home excited about everything he is learning. He is 6 years old and reading at a level of a 10 year old. The school truly meets our every expectation and then some.

My son and I went in to stargate for a tour, I was blown away by everything, the layout of the classrooms, the artwork on the walls, how happy all the staff seemed. Most of all the principal Josh Cochran was absolutely amazing, he covered everything answered any and all questions with the such confidence. I highly recommend this school.

We faced the good problem of being offered a spot in each random selection process for charter schools in our area. After point-by-point comparisons, research, and visits, we chose Stargate School. Teachers are trained and attuned to gifted and talented student development, a task that is not achievable or desired by all educators. These teachers wanted to be here. After collaborating with us to gain a more precise understanding of how our child learns best, under Stargate teachers we began to see steady progress in our child's reading, vocabulary, civic awareness, etiquette, math skills, and curiosity levels. There is more homework than expected for a kindergartener here, however, this is respectful of the children and their future. Early acclimation to what a person will later face is an early investment in their long term success. And at Stargate it is done with a heart and a love for the students on the part of staff and teachers. This is visible in the kids as they work and play. And these children are from many socio-economic backgrounds. The principal, Mr. Cochran heads up a staff that applies standards of excellence to themselves. They are adaptive, professional, and kind.

We are very impressed with Stargate!! My daughter loves going to school everyday! She is in second grade but doing 5th grade literacy. They have met her every need! If you are considering a school for your gifted child I highly recommend Stargate!!

I am pleased to see this school with a rating of 10. Having kids who have to pass an IQ test to get accepted should ensure high test scores. Unfortunately, when my children attended there was so much seat work and homework that they didn't enjoy school or have time after school for other activities. I moved my kids to a school that is more well rounded. I am pleased to see that above all else, my children are enjoying learning, instead of dreading school. The teachers were mostly kind and yet seemed to have a lot of pressure on them as well as passing it onto the kids.

Oh no. Another change in administration for Stargate. They just can't seem to keep a principal for very long. The current vice principal only worked as a gym teacher for 9 months. Perhaps they are looking in the wrong place for leadership? Good luck to them. I'm putting my kids back in our local school. Stargate is not a happy place.

Last modified Stargate Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.