Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Very bad experience with teachers. The interventions to assist are virtually non existent. If children do not fit in their round hole they push these kids to the back and ignore them. It appears the teachers only care about the state tests.

We moved to Tarver from another local school last year at the second semester. Moving my child to Tarver was the best decision. The principal is amazing, he is always at every school function. The teachers are wonderful, caring and very organized. There is a sense of pride at Tarver that you don't find at many schools. People want to be at this school. We love it here.

Tarver is an excellent school! We have loved every teacher we've had at this school. The changes that the principal has made in the last few years have made a wonderful difference. I can't imagine my kids attending anywhere else. Go Tigers!

My daughter attend Tarver last year for full day Kindergarten. I did have HUGE concerns with the full day kindergarten teacher going into the school year. I had already heard several discouraging items with this teacher. I feel that my daughter went into kindergarten knowing more than when she came out. She was not challenged, not on a reading schedule, or learned word groupings, or phonics. Her full day assistant made up for her weaknesses but her hands were tied as well. My daughter will not be returning to Tarver and will be repeating kindergarten at a different school. I am friends with other students parents and we all had the same issue. If you try to talk to the Principal it goes in one ear and out the other. If you go there, I would recommend that you pick the FREE half day kindergarten, not worth paying $300 for nothing.

There's much to be said about a school where the community scores are so disparate. Personally, I have experienced/seen the worst of the public education system at Tarver - mutual lack of accountability from the district, administrators and teachers; principals who have an aversion to handling "difficult" situations; teachers who demoralize students who need additional help and students who have accepted mediocrity. This behavior stems from a mandate that is handed from the top down - there are only a handful of schools in Adams 12 that I would even consider being relatively at par with the type of education that should be expected for our children. I have given Tarver, its principal(s) and teachers five years and three students to prove to me that I can entrust them with the education of my children and they have all failed. I am enrolling my children in private school and moving as far as I can away from Adams 12. I would advise you to do the same.

This is a great school. The new principal this year is really improving things. All the teachers are wonderful. I never have to worry about who my child will get because they work together well to get the best curriculum possible to the kids. The parents are becoming more and more involved which is excellent. This is one of the better schools in the district.

My last of 5 children entered the school last year. I used to love it, but since the principal changed, the quality has gone down. The teachers (most) are great but they are really treated badly and are doing the best they can. I did have HUGE concerns with the full day kindergarten teacher and my child was terrified of her. Luckily, her assistant made up for her weaknesses and we got through the year. I was very happy with my son's 3rd grade teacher and volunteered in the classroom so I can attest to the quality she provided. I have heard other parents concerned about the new principal as well, but luckily, he's not the one teaching the kids. I am however, pulling my children out of this school.

This is our first experience with public schools in Colorado. We are pretty happy with Tarver thus far. I'm impressed with the weekly spelling words for the 1st graders, and most of the work they do. My only complaint is that even though my son has complained about school being too easy, Tarver doesn't have GATE or some other program to challenge the kids who need it. Most likely we will be looking for another school to ensure my son stays challenged, I don't want him to fall by the waste side. I can't speak to what the parent involvement is, I have offered to help, but haven't been taken up on my offer. Overall I think that Tarver is a good school with teachers who care about the students.

Endured a third performance of "Frog and Toad". As many times as this "play" has been performed through the years one would think the teachers would have developed good sets, costumes, etc. But NO.... Teachers are given an afternoon "work day" once a week. So all the parents have to make special arrangements to get the kids picked up at 1:30. Are the teachers using that 1/2 day working diligently? No, drive by at 2:00 and the parking lot is empty. Bullies run the playground. Where are the playground supervisors? When they are found (usually getting coffee) Things reported to them get the canned response "what do you want me to do about it? During the snow last year where is the custodial staff? We finally carried our own shovels and cleared the area by our child's classroom so the kids don't stand in snow.

Great teachers that are willing to spend extra time with my son.

Last modified Tarver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.