Thornton High School 3

Posted April 07, 2014
Overall I think it's a good school, however there is a large number of absences. Making them have a huge problem with attendanc. Also there has been many fights recently.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school does an imcredible job of making all students feel welcome and providing a challenging education that better prepares the students for college!

Thornton High School 1

Posted February 05, 2014
The "idea" of the Thornton High School International Baccalaureate program drew us in, the execution is often times poor. The classrooms are overcrowded, the guidance counselors are not helpful, and resources are bare. We were sold on the "individual approach to learning" that was promoted, but this is anything but that. It is a one size fits all learning regimen. We regret making the decision for our child to attend this school.

Posted November 06, 2011
Throughout my four years at Thornton I had many life experiences that have shaped who I am today. The teachers at Thornton played a large part in my success. The extra curricular activities offered and staff made school a second home for me. The support I experienced molded me into the teacher I have become today. I am forever grateful for the staff, teachers, and students that changed my life and made my high school career memorable and life changing! Class of 2006 - THS Trojans!

Thornton High School 2

Posted December 20, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009
When there are issues they are dealt with with fairness, equality, and cultural awareness. With the school population changing month by month, sometime day by day, the staff do an excellent job to maintain compassion and individuality. I have the privilege of being a parent and a substitute teacher so I am able to use that unusual perspective to commend my school, Thornton High School to others.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Thornton High School because we have teachers that actually care about the students. We have an administration that works hard to make sure students get the best education possile. Thornton has been my second home for the last three years and this is my last year at Thornton. Thornton helped make me the student and person that I am today. I'm a proud Thornton Trojan.

Posted September 16, 2009
Thornton is a terrific high school, with a diverse student body and faculty. They also host the International Baccaluarate program for the district, comprised of bright, motivated young people who will do great things! And the best part is, it's my alma mater!

Thornton High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The staff at Thornton High School helped me, a troubled teen work through my problems and make it into college. I am forever thankful for the ways they cared and how much emphasis they put on my continued education. The staff put in countless extra hours to help students achieve their goals. I am forever thankful!

Thornton High School 2

Posted May 30, 2009
I have a child at this school. My son has been attending Thornton for 3 years. The biggest complaints I have with Thornton stem from lack of discipline. Students can been seen walking the halls all day long, and there doesn't seem to be any consequence for doing so. My so doesn't always feel safe at Thornton. The teachers are very caring and support the kids well, but discipline is a major problem at THS

Thornton High School
9351 Washington St, Thornton, CO  80229
Last modified Thornton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thornton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top