Bad
Good

This is the start of my daughters third year at woodglenn. I haven't personally had any problems and neither has my daughter. They communicate great with me and the front office is friendly and helpful. The science and math fair they had last year was great my daughter really enjoyed it. The after school activities are great and so is the summer BASE program.

We just moved from the San Luis Valley, it's a small town there and my kids were not doing as well as they are here in Woodglen Elementry School, the teachers are really nice and they take the time to speak to you if you have any questions, I highly recommend this school, this is a great school, they are very anti bulling and they don't tolerate that at all, and that really makes me feel good about this school!!!!

Woodglen is a great school.We enjoy all the before and after school activities.Principal, teachers and office staff are great to work with. Communication between parents and teachers always has been excellent. We would recommend Woodglen to everyone. Thank you Mr. Drobney and Woodglen Staff.

Currently i have two students @ Woodglen and we have every reason to absolytely love this school. Woodglen staff is amasing and very friendly. Thanks to everyone for volunteering their time for after school activities. My daughter who is in High School already,stiill talks about Woodglenn and how she misses coming here and she can't compare Woodglen with any other schools. I would encourage every parent to bring their children to Woodglen. Special thanks to Mr. Drobney and whole Woodglenn staff for making it all happen in this school.

This school is far better then district 50 school my children attended. The PRINCIPAL is extremely involved in the schools activities. What ever happened in the past with this parent group needs to stay there. I think things need to be let go. I am a new parent and love the activities before and after school. I have had parents try to tell me differently but in my opinion...don't let one bad apple spoil the basket! Lunches are nutritious. My child was also injured and I was notified right away and felt that they were cared for with great diligence. Also, I had a problem with some paperwork and the front office staff helped me through it with great professionalism. Thank you Wooglen STAFF!

Woodglen is a wonderful school!! Currently they offer 14 after school clubs- there is something for everyone. The teachers work hard to make sure my advance student continues to be challenged. The school put on an amazing field day last May ( can't wait to see what they have in store this year). I have only known the kindergarten and first grade teachers, but have to say they have been amazing for my student. There have been several parent nights, that the whole family has enjoyed. From top to bottom, this is a great school!!

The sense of community at this school is superior. I hate when people compare apples to oranges! The specials are amazing, they have excellent special teachers. When calling the school I have nothing but excellent service. My children love going to school. They have enjoyed choir. The breakfast program has been a real life saver.

Four of my children attended Woodglen over a span of 13 years. The first 7 years were fantastic. Then came the change of principles and many staff changes. The current principle does not care about anything but test scores (because the scores are integral to his job). He is very controlling and condescending and does not promote parent involvement. Second, third and fourth grade teachers are fantastic but I will not send my youngest child to this school because the Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers are terrible. They cut music at this school and kept art which is comprised mostly of coloring. Community and spirit activities are not encouraged by the principle and field day and assemblies are a joke. I am driving my little girl 10 miles away from our home to a charter school just to avoid Woodglen.

The best part of this school is the after school program. My daughter went her for K-6 and I never saw how poor the school was until I had a better school to compare to. My son has been going to a different school for his kindergarten year and the difference between the academics, level of professionalism with teachers, level of thought that is put into each day cannot even compare. I am very disappointed in Woodglen.

Woodglen leaves alot to be desired. For the most part the teachers we have had have been been great. However, when it comes to the "specials" that are offered. It has much room for improvement. There are very little clubs offered, and fitness days are usually diappointing. There isn't much positive momentum currently. The current Principal does not encourage parent involvement and only wants, and allows activities and events in which he plans. It is a very diffucult school to be involved with on a volunteer level.

Last modified Woodglen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.