Posted October 22, 2014
My children have attended Cherry Drive for the past 13 years. I have enjoyed each and every teacher there. Each year has brought about change and with that new and fresh ideas are born. I am saddened to read some of the comments posted on this site and wish that people would be more appreciative of the hard work that goes on in our school. Communication has never been better. I can't understand anyone having problems with that. I receive numerous emails, check the website, read signs posted in the building, read the IPADS that are hanging on the bulletin boards!!! (What other school has IPADs hanging on their bulletin boards?) I am so glad we don't get the amount of papers we used to get, I would simply empty their folders in the trash after pulling out my child's work that I wanted to save. Throughout the years I have always been disgusted at the nonsense that happens at recess. My children didn't like recess because of the amount of drama that would go on. I was intrigued by the Playworks idea so I observed the process and the kids seemed happy! Kids learning games and rules from staff and volunteers! Awesome! I have NEVER felt an ICY ATTITUDE from anyone! NEVER!

Posted October 21, 2014
The icy attitude and underwheming experience at Cherry Drive leaves a lot to be wanted. Communication is lacking and unless it is one of many fundraisers no paper communication exists, it leaves a lot to be desired. Being involved as a parent is getting harder and harder. If you ask questions a firm answer is given and that's the end of the story, your concerns mean nothing. Organized recess and quiet lunches confuse the kids and discipline mimics the military. Our kiddos come home so confused by what is going on, like having to walk in circles as punishment. This school has no appreciation for its community. The 1:1 iPad experience may look awesome, but the reality is much different.

Cherry Drive Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
The Principal has to recognize the damage done by summer school failure. No white wash double talk. They sold us the benefits of summer school and only 1 or 2 teachers presented a worthy summer school lesson plan. Those that participated in summer school gave up because their ipads did not function as advertised. The Principal is great and has a clear vision and the parents and teachers need to support or leave. The kids deserve 100 percent from everyone, including District IT. Last year was such a disappointment with the ipad technology use (with the exception of Specials,) and it is hard to understand because the faculty are outstanding individuals. When no lesson plans that utilized the ipads came home for most and no emails over the summer, most parent were really upset. What now? Principal Hepp cares deeply for the kids and the community and needs to address what will change this year.

Posted July 03, 2014
Cherry Drive has been a really good school to all of my children. I really like the 1 on 1 iPad use available to the students. Great extra resource tool to expand on their learning. Each teacher that my kiddos have had have been wonderful. Would like to see a better playground, but the school says they are working hard to be getting it upgraded. Overall, we have been very happy with Cherry Drive.

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter is now a 5th grade student and has been lucky enough to have been at Cherry Drive since Kindergarten.Over the years I have seen Cherry Drive go from a good school to an excellent school! The principal and staff here are always willing to try new things and stay ahead of the fast changing world of education.Student's needs are always put first and the teachers genuinely care about each student as individuals.Several teachers have attended my daughter's events outside of school.Mrs. Hepp is always willing to talk to me about my concerns and is constantly walking around the building making sure students and teachers are okay!The office staff is so helpful and friendly!I feel so welcome every time I walk through the door.There are many different clubs after school that cater to student's needs and interests.The teachers, staff and Mrs. Hepp work so hard to make sure that each child's needs are meet. The Specials teachers go above and beyond to make their short time with students the best it can be. I was so happy when the school became a 1:1 iPad school. That shows that staff here knows what students need to be successful!! I will miss Cherry Drive so incredibly much!!!

Posted April 15, 2014
Mrs.Hepp is one of the best principal that Cherry Drive has ever had.. She always puts the community first and I adore what she has done with our school. Technology at Cherry Drive rocks!

Posted April 11, 2014
Where is the principal? She is rarely available to chat and when she is, it's a very brushed off chat. She really could care less about your opinion and is off in her own world. Teachers are rude and use their volunteers. Staff has no pride in their school, I never see them at school functions. Kids get left behind and just pushed through the system. Talent isn't capitalized upon. The office staff barely acknowledges visitors. My daughter just draws on printer paper stapled together for art and the art teacher is ALWAYS hanging around the office manager for no reason. Staff have open inappropriate conversations in front of students and parent helpers. Everything is outdated except for the iPad program, which is pushed and pushed, leaving behind other necessities. Website is outdated and fundamentally lacking. We would really like to see major changes done to our boundry school and not have to worry about getting choiced in somewhere else.

Cherry Drive Elementary School 1

Posted December 15, 2013
My son hated this school and I dont blame him. The principal doesnt handle kids well AT ALL. Morale seems low and teachers seem like theyve always got a cloud over their head.

Posted October 11, 2013
There are good teachers here, but overall this school could use a lot of improvement. One of my children has special needs and the principal and special education team were in over their head with him and did not call upon district resources when it was sorely needed. BASE is awful. They have impossible expectations and will discipline a child for normal kid behavior. If you need before and after school care, you would be wise to avoid this school.

Cherry Drive Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2013
My kids have attended this school for 4 of the last 5 years. I am dissatisfied with a few things, but I do see improvements. I love that we are now a 1:1 iPad school. The Principal managed to do this at a very minimal cost to the families. I am very pleased with this. I do get frustrated with the lack of parents who are willing to volunteer to help with events and such. It always seems to be the same people who volunteer and those who don't still complain about not having enough events scheduled. The office staff is nice, but sometimes I feel they are left out of the loop. I love Mrs. Loeffler. She is a great teacher!!!!

Cherry Drive Elementary School
11500 Cherry Dr, Thornton, CO  80233
Last modified Cherry Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Drive Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top