Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Cherry Drive Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2016
The Principal and teachers let a kid, who is 2 or 3, go to a after school club, because the child is the PTP President's kid. It shows the favoritism at this school, and the lack of concern for safety of other kids the classroom in that club. A little kid cannot act in the event of an actual emergency, such as a lockdown. Parents expect the Principal and teachers to know that. But PTP President's child has attended the school club for 4 months in a row, just like any other Cherry Drive student. What is the liability risk to Adams 12 if this kid gets hurt on the equipment in that room? Also, how should other Cherry Drive family feel that would like to have their young children go to after school clubs? Where is their invitation? This school is all about who you know:(

Posted October 08, 2015
We are very lucky to have our children attend Cherry Drive. The building is very welcoming. You can tell all staff cares about the children that attend this school. The teachers are very good at what they do and are there to support their students. The teachers and staff work very hard to deliver the most engaging and rigorous lessons. We love the I Pads. Our kids have flourished with them and use them to enhance their learning. I feel that my kids are well prepared to go the the next level. As far as our experience our kids have been well cared for, pushed to perform their best, and they have become invested in their own learning by setting their own goals for their learning targets. As far as communication, some parents need to join the digital age and use the website, listen to the auto calls that are frequently calling to alert parents and families about the happenings at the school as well as the frequent emails and notes sent home through IC. The principal is at many events, the staff is well invested in their students, and you can tell that they really care about their students and community. I would reccommend anyone in AD12 to attend this school. We are very sad that it is our last year there.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 08, 2015
We are so grateful for all the staff at Cheery Drive who have given their best and their love to our children. They are great role models and have been a great support dustmen to our children. They have pushed them, given them confidence and helped them solve typical problems that most kids encounter in a positive and productive manner. We feel very blessed to have these teacher be a part of our children's lives.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 08, 2015
We have been very lucky that this school is packed with fabulous teachers who are creative, set high expectations for students and themselves, and are caring and willing to support the students

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
Students are expected to perform at their best. They are expected to publish high quality work and try to meet goals that they themselves set.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
The school community is very diverse so to meet the needs of all stakeholders they have to instill compassion and understanding in their students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
They use the PBS model to enforce rules, expect the best out of their students and all members of the school.

Posted September 28, 2015
The staff is caring and positive and have supported my children socially and academically. Mrs Hepp is a wonderful principal who cares about her students and staff. I love the access to technology in this school.

Cherry Drive Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2015
This year this school has dropped all parent communication and insists on using only the website to communicate. It is a horrible policy and has caused many parents to lose trust in teachers and the Principal. The 'digital school' concept is seen as zero communication with the community. Parents all joke with each other when a question comes up to 'check the website' since we all know we can't ask an actual person.

Posted October 22, 2014
My children have attended Cherry Drive for the past 13 years. I have enjoyed each and every teacher there. Each year has brought about change and with that new and fresh ideas are born. I am saddened to read some of the comments posted on this site and wish that people would be more appreciative of the hard work that goes on in our school. Communication has never been better. I can't understand anyone having problems with that. I receive numerous emails, check the website, read signs posted in the building, read the IPADS that are hanging on the bulletin boards!!! (What other school has IPADs hanging on their bulletin boards?) I am so glad we don't get the amount of papers we used to get, I would simply empty their folders in the trash after pulling out my child's work that I wanted to save. Throughout the years I have always been disgusted at the nonsense that happens at recess. My children didn't like recess because of the amount of drama that would go on. I was intrigued by the Playworks idea so I observed the process and the kids seemed happy! Kids learning games and rules from staff and volunteers! Awesome! I have NEVER felt an ICY ATTITUDE from anyone! NEVER!

11500 Cherry Drive, Thornton, CO  80233
Last modified Cherry Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Drive Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top