Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

At first this school was great, the teachers communicated not just on home notes but also taking the time to call me and letting me know when something wasn't quite right. But now there's just home notes and when I go to try an ask about why my son did this or isn't allowed to participate I get no response from anyone, it's as if they just don't want him there anymore.

We moved our daughter from a Catholic School last year to Skyview due to us purchasing a new home and we could not be happier with the way our daughter has excelled at Skyview! She has grown in so many areas and loves going to school! The school offers a variety of clubs and activities and our daughter has taken advantage of so many of them. I especially like the positive office referrals as it is a great way to have the principle and other staff reach out to parents and recognize their children for doing a great job.

Amount of homework: Agree

Each of my children is in a different place in their learning. We have a gifted student, a student who excels and a student needing special education services. Each child has homework geared for maximizing their learning, without being overwhelming. Their teachers and other educators are careful in choosing homework that is just the right amount.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Each month the staff has a theme they implement throughout the school. It has been anywhere from self control to effectively communicating. They really do try to grow the child as a whole. Both academically and socially.

We have three children currently attending Skyview. We have been so pleased with our experience thus far. Every teacher that my children have had, has done an excellent job in their instruction and enrichment. There are several clubs and activities offered to the students, all of which my children have thoroughly enjoyed! The staff is encouraging and genuinely cares for the children who attend here. We are so very thankful for the community here and are blessed for having had such a great experience here.

I was cautioned by my neighbors when my moved to the area that this school was sub-par and they have been right. I emailed the principal about concerns and never get so much as a response. Misspellings are rampant on documents sent home with kids. If I hadn't inquired to see how my daughter was doing I would have never known she is "falling behind" in kindergarten. I have been responsible for trying to get her caught up, rather than the teacher giving her extra help. I do not like that my 5 year olds academic levels are judged based on a standardized computer test administered to them. What kindergartener knows how to take a test online? Their test scores have not accurately reflected my child s abilities. I am trying to choice her into a different school next year. The kindergarten teachers are either lackadaisical or very rigid. This school is not a good fit my child whatsoever.

My McKenzie is attending a public school for the first time.... I volenteer alot the schools funds have been cut and the K teachers are having to work two classes and stay late to just get the basics finished.... what the volenteers do seems should be a paid position and the teachers should be able to consintrate on one full day class not two classes a day that cram a full day of learning into 2- 3 hours only.... The teachers do the best with what is given but we need to do more to raise funnds and recognize the importance that the public schools do for the next generation. I can't thank them enough for making my child feel special even if it is only for a few hours a day.

Last modified Skyview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.