Skyview Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
I was cautioned by my neighbors when my moved to the area that this school was sub-par and they have been right. I emailed the principal about concerns and never get so much as a response. Misspellings are rampant on documents sent home with kids. If I hadn't inquired to see how my daughter was doing I would have never known she is "falling behind" in kindergarten. I have been responsible for trying to get her caught up, rather than the teacher giving her extra help. I do not like that my 5 year olds academic levels are judged based on a standardized computer test administered to them. What kindergartener knows how to take a test online? Their test scores have not accurately reflected my child s abilities. I am trying to choice her into a different school next year. The kindergarten teachers are either lackadaisical or very rigid. This school is not a good fit my child whatsoever.

Posted May 01, 2013
We have 2 boys currently attending Skyview and a third next fall. We are very pleased with the staff here and the amount of care they put into the child's education. Every teacher that we have had thus far had been a great fit for our boys and have taken time out of their normal duties to give extra help when it has been needed. The office staff is wonderful. Mr. Palmer is a wonderful leader in the school. His presence is friendly and caring. It is nice to see that with so much happening in our schools that is tragic, a principle who is involved and in the mix of things. We love this school!

Posted October 02, 2009
My McKenzie is attending a public school for the first time.... I volenteer alot the schools funds have been cut and the K teachers are having to work two classes and stay late to just get the basics finished.... what the volenteers do seems should be a paid position and the teachers should be able to consintrate on one full day class not two classes a day that cram a full day of learning into 2- 3 hours only.... The teachers do the best with what is given but we need to do more to raise funnds and recognize the importance that the public schools do for the next generation. I can't thank them enough for making my child feel special even if it is only for a few hours a day.

Posted September 29, 2007

Posted March 19, 2006
Skyview is a very well maintianed school, which offers a lot of promise. In my limited experience, (only kindergarten) the teachers are willing to work with parents and students to maximize learning. While I disagree with some teaching methods, such as punishment for the entire class when just a few students are misbehaving, I think over all it is a good school with caring and competent staff.

Skyview Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2006
I would say this is a very middle of the road school. Not glaringly deficient in any way, but not exceptional either.

Posted January 03, 2006
I feel that the extracurricular activities made available to my son are fabulous. He has been in art club, choir, numerous sports activities, and really seems to enjoy them. His teacher this year is really pushing him (he needs it) to write well. That is the main focus for him as he is doing well in all other things.

Skyview Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2005

Posted September 07, 2005
The academics at Skyview are outstanding. They have all extracurricular activities available to the kids including a computer class. There are many parents who voulenteer at the school. They have movie nights and other after school activites.

Skyview Elementary School
5021 East 123rd Ave, Thornton, CO  80241
Last modified Skyview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top