Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 25, 2016
Mrs. Sullivan did a great job helping our daughter transition into a new school and has been a joy to work with this year. Thank you!

Posted April 25, 2016
We moved our daughter from a Catholic School last year to Skyview due to us purchasing a new home and we could not be happier with the way our daughter has excelled at Skyview! She has grown in so many areas and loves going to school! The school offers a variety of clubs and activities and our daughter has taken advantage of so many of them. I especially like the positive office referrals as it is a great way to have the principle and other staff reach out to parents and recognize their children for doing a great job.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 16, 2016
Mrs. Auday has made so many improvements in the time she has been with Skyview. Her personality really reflects the care she has for the students. Her temperament has really set a tone within the school to create an environment full of fun learning. She has taken time to get to know students names and family members. I have really been impressed by her leadership and compassion.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 16, 2016
Each of my children is in a different place in their learning. We have a gifted student, a student who excels and a student needing special education services. Each child has homework geared for maximizing their learning, without being overwhelming. Their teachers and other educators are careful in choosing homework that is just the right amount.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 16, 2016
There are several programs being utilized to help students step outside of themselves to see the world around them. Each program involves practicing compassion and caring for others.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 16, 2016
Each month the staff has a theme they implement throughout the school. It has been anywhere from self control to effectively communicating. They really do try to grow the child as a whole. Both academically and socially.

Posted January 16, 2016
We have three children currently attending Skyview. We have been so pleased with our experience thus far. Every teacher that my children have had, has done an excellent job in their instruction and enrichment. There are several clubs and activities offered to the students, all of which my children have thoroughly enjoyed! The staff is encouraging and genuinely cares for the children who attend here. We are so very thankful for the community here and are blessed for having had such a great experience here.

Skyview Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
I was cautioned by my neighbors when my moved to the area that this school was sub-par and they have been right. I emailed the principal about concerns and never get so much as a response. Misspellings are rampant on documents sent home with kids. If I hadn't inquired to see how my daughter was doing I would have never known she is "falling behind" in kindergarten. I have been responsible for trying to get her caught up, rather than the teacher giving her extra help. I do not like that my 5 year olds academic levels are judged based on a standardized computer test administered to them. What kindergartener knows how to take a test online? Their test scores have not accurately reflected my child s abilities. I am trying to choice her into a different school next year. The kindergarten teachers are either lackadaisical or very rigid. This school is not a good fit my child whatsoever.

Posted October 02, 2009
My McKenzie is attending a public school for the first time.... I volenteer alot the schools funds have been cut and the K teachers are having to work two classes and stay late to just get the basics finished.... what the volenteers do seems should be a paid position and the teachers should be able to consintrate on one full day class not two classes a day that cram a full day of learning into 2- 3 hours only.... The teachers do the best with what is given but we need to do more to raise funnds and recognize the importance that the public schools do for the next generation. I can't thank them enough for making my child feel special even if it is only for a few hours a day.

Skyview Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2006
Skyview is a very well maintianed school, which offers a lot of promise. In my limited experience, (only kindergarten) the teachers are willing to work with parents and students to maximize learning. While I disagree with some teaching methods, such as punishment for the entire class when just a few students are misbehaving, I think over all it is a good school with caring and competent staff.

5021 East 123rd Avenue, Thornton, CO  80241
Last modified Skyview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.