Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 02, 2015
Our family loves Hunters Glen Elementary. They have dedicated teachers and staff the genuinely care about students.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 02, 2015
Mrs. Buchan is an amazingly dedicated teacher. The initiative she takes with her students is unparalleled. We couldn't have asked for a more caring Kindergarten teacher for our son.

Hunters Glen Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
I recently withdrew my children from Hunters Glen for several reasons. 1.) My son's teacher was a portrait of discouragement. She was constantly telling me of all the ways he didn't fit the mold and went into a lengthy tirade to my husband IN FRONT OF MY SON about all the many ways he was failing as a student. 2.) The principal doesn't seem to like children. This is a problem if you are a principal of an elementary school. 3.) Common Core is ruining how kids learn math, and when my son's teacher explained how they now teach math, and even I couldn't understand, I'm not sure what hope there is for my son. We switched over to a charter school that does not teach the Common Core curriculum. 4.) My once-energetic, constantly-happy kindergartner completely lost his sparkle the minute he started at Hunters Glen. The minute we pulled them out, he was back to his happy self. 5.) My kids would cry every morning, beg me not to go to school, and even feign illness to get out of going to school. Now, my kids love school, this is not like them. Again, since we switched them to a charter school, they are happy, excited about learning, and never ever ask me to miss school.

Hunters Glen Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
Hunters Glen has been a great school for many years...the last year however have been a struggle. The new principle is nice, but he doesn't seem to connect with anyone, teachers, students or parents. I believe he was brought into the school to increase outcomes and create a cohesive school, which I don't think has happened. While I think both my kids recieved an adequate education and they are prepared for Middle School, I believe the school has gone down hill. Our last teacher was not good and unfortunately created a situation where our whole family couldn't wait to be done with 5th grade. It is really to bad.

Posted September 30, 2011
Awesome school! Great teachers and staff. We have been in this school for 3 years now and my boys love it. The teaching standards are superb. Both of my boys struggle with reading and writing and they have received excellent assistence from teachers. Highly recommended. Great principal who truly tries to make a difference.

Posted September 29, 2010
my son loves this school and they have great staff!! we are blessed to attend this one!!

Posted January 25, 2010
My son is a transfer from out of state. He found the classword difficult and well above that of the Ohio school we transfered from. With help from his teacher and hard work at home he's now on track again. Great school with great staff.

Posted May 27, 2009
Hunters's Glen Elementary has many opportunities for parent involvement and a very strong PTO. Both the BASE program and the after school activities are excellent. All the teachers my son had were very good. The only down side for us was the very large size of the school. My child felt a a little lost and just managing that many kids is difficult. The lunch room is not large enough to feed so many kids during the lunch hours available.

Posted October 12, 2007
I loved this school!.. My childhood was given chances and gave me that push to my future. This school has always been my second home and i miss it.

Posted October 17, 2006
My child is a kindergartner at Hunters Glen. We have had great experiences and interactions with the staff. Good opportunities for parent involvement. Communication with after school program has been a little difficult, but that is my only complaint. The school stresses academic achievement and makes the families feel welcome.

13222 Corona Street, Thornton, CO  80241
Last modified Hunters Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunters Glen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top