Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Hunters Glen Elementary is an academically good school, with great teachers. We have been very happy with our child's education there so far.

We have two kids at Hunters Glen Elementary and really like it. We live in the neighborhood and wanted our kids to attend the neighborhood school. We're so pleased with that decision. We have only had positive experiences with the teachers and our kids are thriving. My husband and I made it a point to get involved with the school activities and we volunteer in their classrooms every once in a while. It's really helped to get involved. I feel like we've been able to watch the staff and principle work towards the best they school can offer. I also really enjoy the welcoming feeling at the school. We are happy with our experience. Thanks Hunters Glen Elementary.

Our family loves Hunters Glen Elementary. They have dedicated teachers and staff the genuinely care about students.

I recently withdrew my children from Hunters Glen for several reasons. 1.) My son's teacher was a portrait of discouragement. She was constantly telling me of all the ways he didn't fit the mold and went into a lengthy tirade to my husband IN FRONT OF MY SON about all the many ways he was failing as a student. 2.) The principal doesn't seem to like children. This is a problem if you are a principal of an elementary school. 3.) Common Core is ruining how kids learn math, and when my son's teacher explained how they now teach math, and even I couldn't understand, I'm not sure what hope there is for my son. We switched over to a charter school that does not teach the Common Core curriculum. 4.) My once-energetic, constantly-happy kindergartner completely lost his sparkle the minute he started at Hunters Glen. The minute we pulled them out, he was back to his happy self. 5.) My kids would cry every morning, beg me not to go to school, and even feign illness to get out of going to school. Now, my kids love school, this is not like them. Again, since we switched them to a charter school, they are happy, excited about learning, and never ever ask me to miss school.

Hunters Glen has been a great school for many years...the last year however have been a struggle. The new principle is nice, but he doesn't seem to connect with anyone, teachers, students or parents. I believe he was brought into the school to increase outcomes and create a cohesive school, which I don't think has happened. While I think both my kids recieved an adequate education and they are prepared for Middle School, I believe the school has gone down hill. Our last teacher was not good and unfortunately created a situation where our whole family couldn't wait to be done with 5th grade. It is really to bad.

Awesome school! Great teachers and staff. We have been in this school for 3 years now and my boys love it. The teaching standards are superb. Both of my boys struggle with reading and writing and they have received excellent assistence from teachers. Highly recommended. Great principal who truly tries to make a difference.

my son loves this school and they have great staff!! we are blessed to attend this one!!

My son is a transfer from out of state. He found the classword difficult and well above that of the Ohio school we transfered from. With help from his teacher and hard work at home he's now on track again. Great school with great staff.

Hunters's Glen Elementary has many opportunities for parent involvement and a very strong PTO. Both the BASE program and the after school activities are excellent. All the teachers my son had were very good. The only down side for us was the very large size of the school. My child felt a a little lost and just managing that many kids is difficult. The lunch room is not large enough to feed so many kids during the lunch hours available.

I loved this school!.. My childhood was given chances and gave me that push to my future. This school has always been my second home and i miss it.

Last modified Hunters Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.