Posted September 24, 2014
I was one of the parents that gave this school a bad review due to past expriences with the teachers and principal. I decided to give the school a try with the new principal and I will say I am so thankful that I did. I absolutely LOVE the new principal, she is on top of things and the whole atmosphere of the school has changed in a more positive way. I am happy to see that she takes parents concerns seriously and puts the children of the school first. Secondly I will state that my childs teacher has also made a dramatic difference, my child actually loves going to school and doesnt complain or cry bout the teacher. Mrs. Toner has done an amazing job at turning around my childs negative experience in school and has definitely made him positive about school. I have noticed that my child seems to be learning more and retaining more from school and I believe its because his teacher helps him feel more confident and comfortable with him self in the school enviornment. Thank you Mrs. Golden and Mrs. Toner as a parent I dont stress about my child stressing and feeling neglected while in your care. It has only been a few months but this school has already made a drastic change.

Posted June 27, 2014
I wish there was another way to review this school, it is almost as if every bad review is countered with a good review. The last review about the teacher was a perfect example of it. It almost seems as if someone from the school is actually responding to the bad reviews as a parent. I also noticed that there were some bad reviews that have actually been removed I wonder why? there was nothing offensive about them except they included the principals name. I only know this because I have been researching this school to see if it gets better since I live in the area, I guess ill keep looking and I hope the good ones are actually parents reviews, that last review kind of does it for me im convinced that someone from the school wrote that. I hope to find a reliable source to search for schools.

Riverdale Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2014
My granddaughter had Mrs. Woytek. My daughter and I loved her teaching style. She is firm, structured, expects the children to learn, and truly is bothered when they have trouble. She has a degree in reading and is trained in reading strategies to improve a student's ability to read and comprehend. Her goal is to make sure students read and comprehend well. Because of this, my granddaughter became a good, solid reader and does well in all other subjects. It is important to remember everyone has their opinion. Please do not judge others based on someone else's.

Posted November 21, 2013
Riverdale Elementary School is a great school! The staff is remarkable including the current principal. The teachers are very communicative with the parents, and bullying is taking very seriously. The school has an amazing PTO that works hard all year to raise funds that are given right back to the school. The school started some afterschool programs for the 2013/2014 year that have been amazing. The future looks bright for Riverdale and the envolvement from everyone is amazing! They do celebrate holidays, a strong petition from parents to keep Halloween + other festivities around.

Riverdale Elementary School 2

Posted February 18, 2013
I came on here to rate this school because I too am unhappy with the lack of leadership. Yes the security measures were raised recently, I believe it took place the end of last year and that is great to finally have something set in place. I am sure that parent complaints have a lot to do with issues but I recall last year a group of parents complained about the Halloween celebrations that were taking place and wanted it dismissed but a petition was put forth to have it and approved by the principal. Yes it is parents choice to keep their children home but for a child that does not celebrate Halloween for religious reasons sending them to a library and making them an out cast (in my opinion) is out of the question. It always amazes me how one event can be a fund raiser and another cant Hmmm. Yes a few schools in the neighborhood still do the pumpkin run and it is great for the children but I can agree that there are some issues that clearly need to be resolved. Excuses can be made, but parents who want the best for their children will express their concern. I do feel that someone should be present at the corner of Elm to guard people across as my child was almost hit by a car.

Posted February 10, 2013
The school has changed drastically from the previous principal. I am happy to say that not all is bad. The security measures have been beefed up as they should have been. I do like that the principal does not let the usual handful of parents run the school with their ideas. As for a previous parent complaints. It was complaints from parents which lead to the dismissal of any type of celebration at this school. Pumpkin run is still active and is one of the few schools that does it. Shiverdale is put on by the PTO after school hours and used as a fundraiser for the school. The other holidays are not fundraisers for the school. It is your choice to keep your child home on Halloween. They do not celebrate Halloween all day but the last 30 mins for a costume parade in which parents protested to keep. Majority ruled. I do however, wish that the teachers union would listen to specific complaints about a few teachers that were allowed to continue teaching here. Over a span of 7 years these few teachers have had numerous complaints from many parents because of their attitudes towards children and are still there. Clean up those hateful attitudes and the school would be much better.

Posted June 10, 2012
Zero tolerance for bullying obviously means nothing to this principal. Riverdale has been a great school for my child, but I am happy we are moving on to middle school in the coming year. When a principal chooses the side of a bully over an amazing, motivating and caring teacher who has the backing of parents and students alike, there is something seriously wrong. I am sad for the students of Riverdale who will not have the opportunity to experience Mr. Ward's classroom and enthusiastic teaching methods. Riverdale has many outstanding teachers, but I feel there is definite cause for concern if issues as serious as bullying are not taken seriously.

Riverdale Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2012
We lost a great 4th grader teacher because he stood up to a bully in his class. The parents had a petition signed by 250 parents to save his job. He was a great teacher. The principle didn't care about the parents petition and still fired him. This school is going downhill fast. The bully is still at the school. Good luck next year with a principle that backs the bully over a great teacher.

Posted February 19, 2012
In an economic time where more budget cuts are coming, the best you can hope for right now is teachers who truly care and a Principal who wants their school to succeed. You get both here. We are choiced in to Riverdale because of these 2 things. We may not have the shiniest and newest options/supplies, but my kid is safe, learning every day and most importantly, wants to go to school. He has pride in himself and his school and respects his fellow students and all school staff. We know the staff is a family and there to help.

Posted August 08, 2008
We 'choiced' our son into Riverdale two years ago. He suffers from ADHD... and, often has a hard time with directions. Each teacher that he has had have worked very hard with him and have been very communicative with us (parents). The principal, Mr. Terril, is beyond what I would've ever expected.... he is truly an amazing and caring person. They have a fantastic music and physical eduction program. This staff truly cares about the students and are diligent in keeping them safe while at school. I love the staff and the fact that I am always getting constant feedback on his progress or where he might need help. I feel very well supported at Riverdale.

Riverdale Elementary School
10724 Elm Dr, Thornton, CO  80233
Last modified Riverdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top