Century Middle School 1

Posted January 20, 2014
Some of the teachers don't help. The principle does not reply to the question we ask, some of the kids give opinions on how to make this school a better school, but the principle doesn't care. The teachers do not give out extra credit, and some of the teachers are boring. My math teachers room is dark she doesn't turn on the lights, this makes the students bored and they do not pay attention.

Century Middle School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
This is my 3rd year at this school. My greatest concern is that there's tons of cliques! I absolutely hate how the "popular kids" treat the "losers". Other than, it's a great school. The teachers are super nice and they help you out a lot! But, if you're not rich or your kid has low self esteem, do not take them here. They will suffer.

Posted April 23, 2012
Moved here from out of state and have been extremely happy with our daughter's education from Century. She is in the IB program and is excelling. Her teachers have been incredible and the administration is outstanding! The principal doesn't put up with bad behavior, and cracks down on dress code. The traffic is a little crazy, but all the administrators are out there every morning directing traffic and helping things to flow smoothly. Overall it's been a great school. I would highly recommend it to anyone moving to the area.

Century Middle School 2

Posted October 11, 2011
3yrs ago we moved to this area for the supposedly excellent school district & have been extremely disappointed. Adams 12 has gone DOWN HILL in the last few yrs. Century is very OVERCROWDED (built for 900 but now w/ 400 kids per class year). The halls & lunch room are LOUD & students are literally crammed shoulder to shoulder. Kids must also gather up outside classroom doors, waiting to enter, due to staggered release schedules used as a way to compensate for crowding. This contributes to student frustrations & aggressive behaviors. The BULLYING PROBLEM is extensive & ignored. I know of several parents who are worried about their child's safety, both physically and mentally. At this time Century does not have an anit-bullying campaign in action. Most EXTRA CURRICULAR activities & elective classes have been cut due to budget restraints. Yes, DRUGS are present, but not a huge problem. TRAFFIC, drop off & pick up, is a nightmare - one two-lane street entering into & out of the Hunter's Glen subdivision, clogged w/ work commuters and parents. We are now looking to transfer our 3 kids to 1 of the free charter schools w/ hopes of improved safety and a better education.

Posted September 30, 2011
My son is in his 2nd year at Century and loves it. The kids are good kids, the teachers seem to truly care and following up with everything. The principal is great, runs a very good school. My son is in 7th grade this year and has an awesome core group. His teachers are very thorough and are fair. I do not know of any drug problems or drug dogs being at the school once a month. I am not sure those posts are accurate for this school. Every middle school will have their troubled youth that seem to ruin it for everyone else.

Posted September 30, 2011
I am now a freshman in college and I attended Century when I was in middle school for all three years. I had an amazing time, met some of my best friends whom Im still friends with, and still go back every once in a while to say hi to the teachers. Overall it was a great experience. Things might have changed and programs might have been cut but I'm sure the environment is still as great if not better than when I was there. I was able to do the IB program no problem and do not consider myself "a genius", but it prepared me very well for high school and ultimately college as well. I am now at Pepperdine University and I know that Century was a huge contributing factor that has gotten me here.

Posted January 25, 2011
This school is great. There are devoted teachers that care about the students. The teachers may be strict but deep down you know they care about you education. The bathrooms are pretty disgusting but it is an old school. The lockers are great and big enough for all of your books. They have a loot of net books and laptops for kids use. In the morning there is Comet Cafe where kids can use the library to do homework. The library is stocked with amazing books. There is an MYP program, I would recommend this only if you need help to pay for college, but it takes up a lot of time of you child's/your life so don't go for it. The whole school has programs/clubs that are very beneficial. This school has gone through a few drug problems but safety is very important to our school and the school cop and the great counselors and amazing teachers will help. So I do recommend this school but don't go for IB.

Century Middle School 3

Posted January 16, 2011
Century has not only cut Outdoor Ed. for 6th grade students, but French class and the AVID program, and we can only have 2 electives. The showchoir is amazing along wtih the rest of the music program. The teachers try hard , but the school won't work for you unless you are disabled or gifted. The IB/MYP program is awesome for talented students, and all students are encouraged to take a language class (German or Spanish). Drugs are known to be a problem here, we have drug dogs come in every month or so. We also have a poilce guard on duty every day. It's a good school in generel.

Century Middle School 3

Posted December 02, 2010
Yeah century is alright. I've been going there for three years now, and its been pretty good. I like Century alot, but sometimes the teachers lack off on the teaching part to say the least. Then there are the teachers that care about their students, and teaching. Century is a very good nice place for students. The only part that makes me mad, is that Century ships kids of to Crossroads, because they are not "smart" enough. I've lost lots of friends......

Century Middle School 1

Posted August 03, 2010
This school cares mostly about its test scores. Students who are struggling academically are eventually weeded out and shipped off to Crossroads for "remediation" so as to no effect the test scores. Apparently the teachers at Crossroads are able to "fix" in 9 weeks what Century couldn't do in 9 months.

Century Middle School
13000 Lafayette St, Thornton, CO  80241
Last modified Century Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Century Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top