Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Century Middle School 3

Posted May 19, 2016
I am giving this school a 3 star because I don't have an option to give it a 2.5 star. There is a lot of problems with this school. First, I have had 2 children here and both of which have had their share of "terrible teachers." There is a lot of miscommunication with the staff, their students and communication with parents. First, there is a significant problem with the grading system. Some teachers don't enter grades at all, while some do. I have had issues with teachers losing or claiming to have not seen assignments, which they have clearly been graded and not marked correctly in the grade book. There has been many instances where my children have gone for help and have been told to ask other classmates for help as the teacher doesn't have time to explain to them. I am very disappointed in this school as a whole. Not to mention there is an abundance of problems with bullying and the appropriate teachers/principles penalizing the child that is being bullied instead of the bully. I could elaborate further with additional comments, but will refrain. In my opinion, this school needs some work and they need to actually hire teachers that want to be there and help the kids as opposed to those who don't. They are not helping our children succeed.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 19, 2016
In my experience a lot of these teachers lose assignments, can't find assignments, show things are missing when they have actually been "shared" or handed in to them specifically by student or parents. They need to find a better system for handing in school work and not blame the student for failing to do the work when they should be held accountable.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
How do you get respect when you are constantly yelling at them? No child or adult with respect that.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
I believe that all children are not treated equally. There are several children that are favored.

Century Middle School 1

Posted January 20, 2014
Some of the teachers don't help. The principle does not reply to the question we ask, some of the kids give opinions on how to make this school a better school, but the principle doesn't care. The teachers do not give out extra credit, and some of the teachers are boring. My math teachers room is dark she doesn't turn on the lights, this makes the students bored and they do not pay attention.

Century Middle School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
This is my 3rd year at this school. My greatest concern is that there's tons of cliques! I absolutely hate how the "popular kids" treat the "losers". Other than, it's a great school. The teachers are super nice and they help you out a lot! But, if you're not rich or your kid has low self esteem, do not take them here. They will suffer.

Posted April 23, 2012
Moved here from out of state and have been extremely happy with our daughter's education from Century. She is in the IB program and is excelling. Her teachers have been incredible and the administration is outstanding! The principal doesn't put up with bad behavior, and cracks down on dress code. The traffic is a little crazy, but all the administrators are out there every morning directing traffic and helping things to flow smoothly. Overall it's been a great school. I would highly recommend it to anyone moving to the area.

Century Middle School 2

Posted October 11, 2011
3yrs ago we moved to this area for the supposedly excellent school district & have been extremely disappointed. Adams 12 has gone DOWN HILL in the last few yrs. Century is very OVERCROWDED (built for 900 but now w/ 400 kids per class year). The halls & lunch room are LOUD & students are literally crammed shoulder to shoulder. Kids must also gather up outside classroom doors, waiting to enter, due to staggered release schedules used as a way to compensate for crowding. This contributes to student frustrations & aggressive behaviors. The BULLYING PROBLEM is extensive & ignored. I know of several parents who are worried about their child's safety, both physically and mentally. At this time Century does not have an anit-bullying campaign in action. Most EXTRA CURRICULAR activities & elective classes have been cut due to budget restraints. Yes, DRUGS are present, but not a huge problem. TRAFFIC, drop off & pick up, is a nightmare - one two-lane street entering into & out of the Hunter's Glen subdivision, clogged w/ work commuters and parents. We are now looking to transfer our 3 kids to 1 of the free charter schools w/ hopes of improved safety and a better education.

Posted September 30, 2011
My son is in his 2nd year at Century and loves it. The kids are good kids, the teachers seem to truly care and following up with everything. The principal is great, runs a very good school. My son is in 7th grade this year and has an awesome core group. His teachers are very thorough and are fair. I do not know of any drug problems or drug dogs being at the school once a month. I am not sure those posts are accurate for this school. Every middle school will have their troubled youth that seem to ruin it for everyone else.

Posted September 30, 2011
I am now a freshman in college and I attended Century when I was in middle school for all three years. I had an amazing time, met some of my best friends whom Im still friends with, and still go back every once in a while to say hi to the teachers. Overall it was a great experience. Things might have changed and programs might have been cut but I'm sure the environment is still as great if not better than when I was there. I was able to do the IB program no problem and do not consider myself "a genius", but it prepared me very well for high school and ultimately college as well. I am now at Pepperdine University and I know that Century was a huge contributing factor that has gotten me here.

13000 Lafayette Street, Thornton, CO  80241
Last modified Century Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.