Bad
Good

Posted February 23, 2015
I have two students at Eagleview and they love it. The teachers are attentive and aware of my child's individual needs and strive to challenge them. My son is in the G&T program and has a hearing loss (IEP) and they have been great to help him help himself and challenge him. They don't let him get away with being lazy! I love it. Our last school treated him like he was dumb because of his needs. Now he excels because his needs are met, but not used as an excuse.

Posted May 02, 2013
LOVE this school! While my daughter participates in the GT Program, she still gets to be with her classmates on a regular basis; she has a sense of belonging rather than sticking out amongst her peers. Emotional development is very important in these foundational, elementary school years and I'm thankful for the recognition and support from Eagleview as it relates to my daughter's gifts & talents. There is also TREMENDOUS support and knowledge regarding food allergies at this school. Safety is of the utmost concern to me while my daughter is outside of my direct care. She has severe, life-threatening food allergies and this school is on top of having an Action Plan in place and the staff is always available to discuss any concerns or questions you might have. Last, but not least, the teachers and staff are FABULOUS! Of course, they're professional and courteous; but what I really admire most is that they all have a genuineness about them. They really do care about your children. There is a No Bully policy that is made aware to all the children right from the beginning of the school year. This proactive approach is one if the reasons why I believe we haven't had any problems!

Eagleview Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2011
We have had two children at Eagleview and will be leaving for the 2011-2012 year. I will say the staff are all nice, helpful, and most teachers were very good. One extremely poor experience with a teacher this year made the decision to transfer to private schools a reality. The principal is very nice and will validate your concerns verbally. However, none of the issues were ever resolved and the bad situation was allowed to spiral downward for the rest of the year. I found the PTO was very welcoming of your money and your "slave labor" but had no interest in opinions at the meetings. It felt like a middle school clique. Other concerns I believe are probably district-wide now with all the budget cuts. Class sizes are too large, not enough para-pros in the classrooms, no ability to differentiate the classroom experience for different learning types. The "gifted" program consists of a club type after school experience and does not change the classroom environment at all. Probably a good school for average students, but not great if your child needs more in terms of acceleration or remediation.

Posted March 27, 2011
Our daughter spent 1st-5th grade and Eagleview and we loved it! The principal is amazing and view committed to the children. Great school!

Posted January 07, 2011
Both my children attend here. I have been impressed with the staff and their attention to the children's abilities. My daughter well average has been challenged at every level. While my son, whom seams to be above average is also being challanged. The Principal loves all the children that go there and is extremely dedicated to the children and the staff. And his office is alway open for parents to come chat with him. I am extremley impressed.

Posted March 04, 2010
I am very happy with the school as a whole but when the same children are allowed to do the 'special' things at the school, I feel that it is unfair to the rest of the children. You are thinking that this is just sour grapes, and that my child could have been one of the children that has not been 'picked' for these awards, but that is not true. What I have a problem with is that the children that cause trouble and need lots of attention tend to get picked month after month and year after year for the 'special' awards and the children that continue to always be good students are taken for granted. I understand that the troubled children need attention but I do not believe the other students should be penalized for being good either.

Posted December 18, 2008
I have a 1st grader at Eagleview this year and I am very impressed with the administration and the teachers. My daughter's teachers have high expectations for her and challenge her daily. The principal seems to be very committed to the school.

Posted September 01, 2008
My 2 kids have been attending EagleView for 2 years and we all love it! The office staff and teachers are wonderful! The principal is so involved in the school and participates in all events.

Eagleview Elementary School

Posted August 11, 2008
I love this school not only is it a very clean and user friendly school the staff is wonderful!!! My sons love comming here and the teacher takes the individule time to help them with there needs. Im impressed with the office staff they are always helpful and friendly.

Posted March 31, 2008
Both of my boys have gone to Eagleview since kindergarden. We even stayed at this school on 'choice' after we moved a few blocks out of the area. I am very happy with Eagleview. Most of the teachers are great, we have one dud this year, but have loved all the others. The principal is very active in the school and you do see him around before and after school. The classes are larger than I would have liked but overall this is a great school for my kids.

Eagleview Elementary School
4601 Summit Grove Parkway, Thornton, CO  80241
Last modified Eagleview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.