Posted November 17, 2013
I have nothing but amazing things to say about Prairie Hills Elementary school. The teachers are wonderful. They truly care about the students and how they learn. I LOVE the special education team. They are remarkable and always give 100% of themselves. Finally, the principal is great and has the ability to help families whether she does it herself or has assistance completing issues within the school environment.

Posted October 18, 2013
I am beyond pleased with our experience at PHE. My daughter tells me every day she LOVES school! I know its due to a great staff. The principal, Mrs. Hastings is approachable, and passionate about education, the front office staff is very friendly and helpful, and my daughter's teacher has made school fun and exciting.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has been enrolled in Prairie Hills for a full year. So far, the experience has been going well. His teachers, for his first year and current year, have been responsive to all my questions. When my son initially began his term, he transferred in from another school. The transition was difficult for him, but his teacher stayed on top of his progress and kept me informed. Suffice it to say, he really likes the school, classmates and teachers.

Posted September 19, 2013
Great School!!!! Cant say enough about the teachers and the staff. Great learning environment. High test scores. And lots of fun for the kiddos!!!!

Posted September 07, 2013
We have 2 children that attend Prairie Hills. We have been so pleased with every new teacher we have each year. It is so wonderful to see our children's scholastic growth each year. The PE/Art and Music teachers are amazing, they somehow know every child's name and make each one feel welcome and special. Our front admin staff are equally amazing, they too know all of the kids and make an effort to know the parents as well. We are lucky to be a part of this really great neighborhood school.

Posted August 27, 2013
We are so lucky to have such a great school in our neighborhood! The teachers and staff are so friendly, welcoming, creative and energetic!

Posted August 27, 2013
My daughter has been going to PHE for a few years now. We have been extremely please with the teachers and their dedication to our student. Our daughter needed help in math but excelled in reading. The specific focus and attention in her weak areas seem to be addressed at every corner. I have faith the my child is getting the hands on education that she needs in a caring and warm environment. Kudos to PHE for continuing to move past their own learning curves! We have a PTO that raises funds to keep our technology up to date. Every room has at least 1-2 IPADs fully funded by PTO fundraising efforts. Our kids have it rough. ;)

Posted August 27, 2013
Prairie Hills Elementary is a true neighborhood school! WE LOVE IT!!! The teachers are friendly and knowledgeable! They are always up on whatever the school district is innovating!!! It doesn't matter what you need, you get an immediate response from your child's teacher! The front office staff is exceptional! I have never been to another school where every child's name is known by the staff!. My kids are both GT and are pushed every day to reach their potential. The afterschool programs are awesome and help the kids expand their knowledge of everything from Japanese to singing! Our school feels like one big community and most people know each other well enough to smile and nod! I have felt welcome and excited to participate in every event! My kids love to participate in the fundraiser because they get to be part of a "carnival" in the gym just for selling 1 item! This is huge! If every student just buys one thing we can raise what the school needs to continue to support things like Ameritowne, Raptor (security system), 5th grade graduation, technology, and many more things! Our school rocks because of the TOTAL involvement of families, teachers/staff and students! Super school!

Prairie Hills Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
School is in upper class suburbia so you think you could expect better. Tons of bullying that hardly gets addressed, very cliquish and this includes the teachers. Test scores and activities look nice on reviews and standards but this school lacks a principal with leadership. Nice lady but i think shes borderline senile. Can never remember anything/body and you have to stay on her if you want something done. Front staff is decent. You can feel hints of racism in the vibe of the school. Definitely involved as far as doing after school programs I will never deny that. They come up with tons of things for the students and the parents to do when it comes to social activities with in. However, this goes back into the whole clique thing. Don't expect to feel welcomed. We seem to be on the welcome side of things so to hear the way some of these people talk including the teachers is flat out embarrassing. No unity as far as the kids. Seperatism is truly ok here. I feel sorry for families of kids who have special needs like ADD/ADHD, Down syndrome or autism etc. Parents who read this, trust me they don't care about anything but their stats. Glad my daughter leaves next year.

Posted May 26, 2012
All of my children have gone to Prairie Hills, and they are thriving. The teachers and staff are caring, helpful and committed. My children love their school! Prairie Hills is a special place and I couldn't be more thrilled that my children attend school there!

Prairie Hills Elementary School
13801 Garfield Place, Thornton, CO  80602
Last modified Prairie Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top