Thornton, CO

Posted March 31, 2015
I love the parent involvement and the PTO leadership. Not a day goes by when there are not multiple parents volunteering in some way. It sets a great example for our little learners.

Posted February 25, 2015
We love Prairie Hills Elementary. We have had our children here for the last 6 years and are truly blessed to be here. We have had some exceptional teachers through the years and their love for teaching and each child is evident. They are working diligently for each child to succeed and grow academically as well as encourage them character building. The front staff is amazing!!! They know each child by name as well as their families and even younger siblings who are not yet enrolled in the school. Impressive! The specials teachers are another wonderful asset to our elementary adding diverse learning and some very fun after school programs. Lastly my 4 children love going to school. That is a credit and testimony to the leadership, teachers and staff of our school.

Posted November 17, 2013
I have nothing but amazing things to say about Prairie Hills Elementary school. The teachers are wonderful. They truly care about the students and how they learn. I LOVE the special education team. They are remarkable and always give 100% of themselves. Finally, the principal is great and has the ability to help families whether she does it herself or has assistance completing issues within the school environment.

Posted October 18, 2013
I am beyond pleased with our experience at PHE. My daughter tells me every day she LOVES school! I know its due to a great staff. The principal, Mrs. Hastings is approachable, and passionate about education, the front office staff is very friendly and helpful, and my daughter's teacher has made school fun and exciting.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has been enrolled in Prairie Hills for a full year. So far, the experience has been going well. His teachers, for his first year and current year, have been responsive to all my questions. When my son initially began his term, he transferred in from another school. The transition was difficult for him, but his teacher stayed on top of his progress and kept me informed. Suffice it to say, he really likes the school, classmates and teachers.

Posted September 19, 2013
Great School!!!! Cant say enough about the teachers and the staff. Great learning environment. High test scores. And lots of fun for the kiddos!!!!

Posted September 07, 2013
We have 2 children that attend Prairie Hills. We have been so pleased with every new teacher we have each year. It is so wonderful to see our children's scholastic growth each year. The PE/Art and Music teachers are amazing, they somehow know every child's name and make each one feel welcome and special. Our front admin staff are equally amazing, they too know all of the kids and make an effort to know the parents as well. We are lucky to be a part of this really great neighborhood school.

Posted August 27, 2013
We are so lucky to have such a great school in our neighborhood! The teachers and staff are so friendly, welcoming, creative and energetic!

Posted August 27, 2013
My daughter has been going to PHE for a few years now. We have been extremely please with the teachers and their dedication to our student. Our daughter needed help in math but excelled in reading. The specific focus and attention in her weak areas seem to be addressed at every corner. I have faith the my child is getting the hands on education that she needs in a caring and warm environment. Kudos to PHE for continuing to move past their own learning curves! We have a PTO that raises funds to keep our technology up to date. Every room has at least 1-2 IPADs fully funded by PTO fundraising efforts. Our kids have it rough. ;)

Posted August 27, 2013
Prairie Hills Elementary is a true neighborhood school! WE LOVE IT!!! The teachers are friendly and knowledgeable! They are always up on whatever the school district is innovating!!! It doesn't matter what you need, you get an immediate response from your child's teacher! The front office staff is exceptional! I have never been to another school where every child's name is known by the staff!. My kids are both GT and are pushed every day to reach their potential. The afterschool programs are awesome and help the kids expand their knowledge of everything from Japanese to singing! Our school feels like one big community and most people know each other well enough to smile and nod! I have felt welcome and excited to participate in every event! My kids love to participate in the fundraiser because they get to be part of a "carnival" in the gym just for selling 1 item! This is huge! If every student just buys one thing we can raise what the school needs to continue to support things like Ameritowne, Raptor (security system), 5th grade graduation, technology, and many more things! Our school rocks because of the TOTAL involvement of families, teachers/staff and students! Super school!

Prairie Hills Elementary School
13801 Garfield Place, Thornton, CO  80602
Last modified Prairie Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top