Posted March 19, 2014
This is a great school! My son has for the first time been excited to go to school each day. He joined a great Science club and is starting to really want to achieve. The teachers are very good and don't fall for his creative excuses for not turning in work. He seems to really be thriving. Thanks Rocky Top!

Rocky Top Middle School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
Awful place. Staff yells at kids all day. Very stressed. AVOID! Do your kids a favor and find an alternative.

Posted August 29, 2013
When I purchased my house in the area. I wanted my kids to attend at the Rocky Top Middle School. This is one of the best public school in Adams 12 five stars. The teachers and staffs are wonderful and very helpful. Thank you Rock Top Middle School. I have 2 more kids and will be attended at the RTMS

Rocky Top Middle School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
It's incredible to that we have a week of hot weather out hear in the Denver area this spring and suddenly all the Adams 12 school's air conditioning units are 'broken'. So let me see if I understand this correctly, while the students are preparing for finals, the Adams 12 administrators are too cheap to turn on air conditioning so the kids can actually study and learn in class? Are you kidding me? The kids tell me the classrooms hit 85 degrees today. Where is this extra money saved going? Teachers? Admin salaries? Since I own and manage some commercial properties in the area I really doubt that both middle and high schools in the district all have the same problems at the same time and they don't have HVAC maintenance contracts. I don't know of any sizable commercial or public buildings that don't have these contracts. This is simply pathetic lying behavior from this district!

Posted May 01, 2013
We were able to choice our daughter into Rocky Top and we feel truly blessed. She has been challenged and has excelled. The teachers are amazing!! They truly care and go way above and beyond for the kids. Rocky Top has a wonderful staff that kids feel safe, comfortable and loved! THANK YOU Rocky Top for a great education and middle school experience!!!

Rocky Top Middle School 4

Posted December 26, 2011
Grandparent of a prospective student. I am interested in learning more about tho middle school.

Rocky Top Middle School 3

Posted September 02, 2010
My daughter recently entered Rocky Top Middle School as a 6th grader this year. She registered for Math Honors and Language Arts Honors. We recently received a note from the principal indicating that these classes will no longer be offered as "honors" and this term will be removed from the classes. However, there are now colors to denote the separation in workload and expectations. For example, if you are in the "Blue" math group, it means you have more work and the expectations of your learning are higher than those in the "Green" math group. I am very disappointed in the fact that this appears to be an effort to remove "honors" as a category because it makes the non-honors student feel inferior. All other middle schools within Adams 12 that are relatively close in proximity to Rocky Top continue to have "Honors" classes offered. Disappointing!!

Posted September 02, 2010
RTMS is a great school. That Is All i Have to say about it. You should Attend Rocky Top Middle..

Posted October 28, 2009
this school is the best but sadly Ill be leaving Rocky Top next year but luckly Ill have all the great memorys Me and Rocky Top have shared your crazy if you dont choice in to this school

Posted August 18, 2009

Rocky Top Middle School
14150 York St, Thornton, CO  80602
Last modified Rocky Top Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Top Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top