Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 06, 2015
The students respect one another and genuinely care about each other. My son broke his arm in football and they believed him and looked out for him.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 06, 2015
The students are totally responsible and the teachers are so organized that it works perfectly.

Posted November 06, 2015
Amazing school and staff! I have a 7th and 8th grader new to Rocky Top - both are doing excellent academically and socially. Great teachers and the school seems to respect the students like young adults. We couldn't be happier!

Rocky Top Middle School 2

Posted May 26, 2015
In general this school is considered by most as average to good within the city of Thornton. But keep in mind that this is within an city whose median middle school rating is a 4 out of 10. Anyone considering this a good school does so only by comparing it to the abysmal middle schools in the rest of the city. This school has several issues, many of which are outside the school's control, that must be addressed. The population of the school and the individual class sizes are too large. Bullying is ignored for the most part by the administration and staff, and inappropriate behavior is rampant. The academic expectations are low and it doesn't take much to get a decent grade in a class. Very few teachers are motivated enough to be effective at their job. The administration seems to be more concerned about keeping their job than about making real and significant changes that would provide a better environment and educational experience for the students.

Rocky Top Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2015
This school is going downhill fast. The problems at this school start at the top. Complacent staff and many consider their work as just a job instead of being educators. My son was bullied by one of the teacher's son and the couselor asked me to address the teacher directly. Big mistake. The teacher got with the assistant principal to gang up on us and make me the bad guy! Then they took their anger out on my wife when she went in to talk to them. The assistant principal had the nerve to counsel my wife on how married people should act. So, we were bullied by the staff reporting a bully incident. Go figure? They fail to understand that they exist because of our children and they are accountable to us. This school had a lot of potential but they can't even figure out how to fix the potholes in the parking lot. When we first started we told the school that our son was tested (IQ test), categorized as gifted and was awaiting entrance into Stargate Academy. They said it didn't matter and that they had to meet their criteria and put him in remedial classes. The school year is over and we just now got a letter from the school saying he's gifted!

Posted March 19, 2014
This is a great school! My son has for the first time been excited to go to school each day. He joined a great Science club and is starting to really want to achieve. The teachers are very good and don't fall for his creative excuses for not turning in work. He seems to really be thriving. Thanks Rocky Top!

Rocky Top Middle School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
Awful place. Staff yells at kids all day. Very stressed. AVOID! Do your kids a favor and find an alternative.

Posted August 29, 2013
When I purchased my house in the area. I wanted my kids to attend at the Rocky Top Middle School. This is one of the best public school in Adams 12 five stars. The teachers and staffs are wonderful and very helpful. Thank you Rock Top Middle School. I have 2 more kids and will be attended at the RTMS

Rocky Top Middle School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
It's incredible to that we have a week of hot weather out hear in the Denver area this spring and suddenly all the Adams 12 school's air conditioning units are 'broken'. So let me see if I understand this correctly, while the students are preparing for finals, the Adams 12 administrators are too cheap to turn on air conditioning so the kids can actually study and learn in class? Are you kidding me? The kids tell me the classrooms hit 85 degrees today. Where is this extra money saved going? Teachers? Admin salaries? Since I own and manage some commercial properties in the area I really doubt that both middle and high schools in the district all have the same problems at the same time and they don't have HVAC maintenance contracts. I don't know of any sizable commercial or public buildings that don't have these contracts. This is simply pathetic lying behavior from this district!

Posted May 01, 2013
We were able to choice our daughter into Rocky Top and we feel truly blessed. She has been challenged and has excelled. The teachers are amazing!! They truly care and go way above and beyond for the kids. Rocky Top has a wonderful staff that kids feel safe, comfortable and loved! THANK YOU Rocky Top for a great education and middle school experience!!!

14150 York Street, Thornton, CO  80602
Last modified Rocky Top Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Top Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top