Meadow Community School 1

Posted September 30, 2014
We had to withdraw our child from this school. She is white and was being bullied by the hispanic kids. They scream at her, run away from her when she tries to interact with them, they speak only Spanish around her at lunch and recess so she's left out. When I brought it to her teacher's attention, the teacher was extremely rude, not willing to take me seriously, and hung up on me when I asked to speak to the principal. If your kid is not hispanic, don't send them here.

Meadow Community School 5

Posted May 09, 2014
We moved into the neighborhood without much knowledge of the schools or the area, and we were very fortunate when selecting this school. Teachers are great and are very good at communicating with parents. My son has learned a lot and it's easy to see that the small class sizes and individual attention that each student receives played a huge part in that.

Meadow Community School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
Both of my boys attend Meadow and they have both had very good experiences at the School. my oldest is going into the fifth grade and has done well from K-4th. There is a fair amount of homework that allows families to get together at the end of the day. The school also has enough extra activies that allows families to be more engaged in their childrens learning. The Principal and Teachers have communicated well with my family and has addressed our concerns when we had them.

Meadow Community School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
My son attends Kindergarten with Mrs Moya, she is a great teacher! He has learned a lot since he started this year. I dissagree with the tons of homework. I would like to see children learn more in class and have more social/family time at home. I would hate to bring my work home every night, I feel the hours spent at school should be quality learning time with perhaps 1/2 hour per night for homework, in Kinder, I wouldn't want children to get burned out.

Meadow Community School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
This is the school my daughter attends. She is in the first grade. She loves school and her teachers there.

Meadow Community School 5

Posted January 06, 2009
I too agree Mrs. Moya is a fantastic teacher and how she does it I have not a clue except that she can multi-task and handle 30 some students. My son adores her and he has really made improvements since the start of the year. The school does a great job with children who have special needs as well.

Meadow Community School 3

Posted May 07, 2008
I like the kindergarten class at this school. My son is now able to read light reading material and know his numbers up to 120. I know this might not be much but he comes home once a week with homework that could be done in 1 day if we sit down do it all. He also brings home a book a week from the school library. I think the teacher Mrs. Moya did a very good job with the students. I'm not sure about other students in grades level. I think the teachers are pretty involved as well as parents. I just wish the non-English speaking students will not hold back other students. Otherwise, I think its an average school.

Meadow Community School 2

Posted January 31, 2008

Meadow Community School
9150 Monroe St, Thornton, CO  80229
Last modified Meadow Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadow Community School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top