Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted July 06, 2016
Ruth at the front desk for always being friendly to parents and students unlike the snob that works next to her. I can't recall the ladies name at the moment however she is an older women with short white hair, she is ALWAYS very short with parents and rude at times. Ruth on the other hand is very sweet.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 06, 2016
The homework amount is okay however many times the homework is meant to be a refresher from a topic that has been completed in class first which never was the case.

Meadow Community School 2

Posted July 06, 2016
I Do not recommend this school. My daughter has been going to this school since she was in preschool and every year they manage to disappoint me more and more. This year I finally had it and decided to switch schools. The homework is repeated from the grade before and when it is changed it's not much of a difference. Most of the homework was supposed to be a refresher from what they learned in class however most of the time was they had not even gone over yet. My Daughter was bullied several times since 1st grade which lead me to talk to the teacher. Than in 2nd grade she was bullied again and when my daughter would reach out to the teacher for help, all the teacher did was tell her to use her words or they would ask her sarcastically speaking if she was hurt or bleeding and when my daughter would respond no than the teacher would tell "then you're ok".... Really? That's exactly why kids are afraid to ask for help when bullied. Also the school attempted to charge me for books that my daughter had check out since kindergarten which was 3 years ago. after they sent a few notes home i decided to talk to the principle and she said she would take care of it, 3 weeks later my daughter comes home from school and shares with me that she was put against the well during recess and was told she could not check out further anymore books until she returned the missing books. This was not okay specially after speaking to the principal about it. My complaints do NOT stop there however i could go on and on and on about the many disappointing events and I would never finish. Bottom line, think twice before taking you children to this school.

Meadow Community School 1

Posted September 30, 2014
We had to withdraw our child from this school. She is white and was being bullied by the hispanic kids. They scream at her, run away from her when she tries to interact with them, they speak only Spanish around her at lunch and recess so she's left out. When I brought it to her teacher's attention, the teacher was extremely rude, not willing to take me seriously, and hung up on me when I asked to speak to the principal. If your kid is not hispanic, don't send them here.

Meadow Community School 5

Posted May 09, 2014
We moved into the neighborhood without much knowledge of the schools or the area, and we were very fortunate when selecting this school. Teachers are great and are very good at communicating with parents. My son has learned a lot and it's easy to see that the small class sizes and individual attention that each student receives played a huge part in that.

Meadow Community School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
Both of my boys attend Meadow and they have both had very good experiences at the School. my oldest is going into the fifth grade and has done well from K-4th. There is a fair amount of homework that allows families to get together at the end of the day. The school also has enough extra activies that allows families to be more engaged in their childrens learning. The Principal and Teachers have communicated well with my family and has addressed our concerns when we had them.

Posted January 28, 2010
My son attends Kindergarten with Mrs Moya, she is a great teacher! He has learned a lot since he started this year. I dissagree with the tons of homework. I would like to see children learn more in class and have more social/family time at home. I would hate to bring my work home every night, I feel the hours spent at school should be quality learning time with perhaps 1/2 hour per night for homework, in Kinder, I wouldn't want children to get burned out.

Posted October 04, 2009
This is the school my daughter attends. She is in the first grade. She loves school and her teachers there.

Meadow Community School 5

Posted January 06, 2009
I too agree Mrs. Moya is a fantastic teacher and how she does it I have not a clue except that she can multi-task and handle 30 some students. My son adores her and he has really made improvements since the start of the year. The school does a great job with children who have special needs as well.

Meadow Community School 3

Posted May 07, 2008
I like the kindergarten class at this school. My son is now able to read light reading material and know his numbers up to 120. I know this might not be much but he comes home once a week with homework that could be done in 1 day if we sit down do it all. He also brings home a book a week from the school library. I think the teacher Mrs. Moya did a very good job with the students. I'm not sure about other students in grades level. I think the teachers are pretty involved as well as parents. I just wish the non-English speaking students will not hold back other students. Otherwise, I think its an average school.

9150 Monroe Street, Thornton, CO  80229
Last modified Meadow Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.