Bad
Good

My child and I were looking forward to her starting school, but it has been a nightmare and the facility and staff have fallen extremely short of my expectations. Some of the other children in her class are completely out of control, pushing the other kids (not just my daughter) down the slide, hitting, biting, etc. If she had not found a few great friends, I would pull her out of this school. There are also issues with parent to teacher communication, disagreements on how difficult situations should be handled, singling out children that had little to do with a disturbance, and who determines what the children eat. My daughter was told on multiple occasions by her teacher that she couldn't eat the snack her and I packed; as a parent, this is unacceptable. The teachers have no right to tell a child they cannot eat, especially when there are no allergy issues in class and a snack that is already okay-ed by the parent. I am also not thrilled with the curriculum, as I have yet to see my daughter challenged in order to grow. Scheduling anything with the teacher is impossible, and I feel a large part of it has to with personal opinion and prioritizing those who are not Caucasian.

Technically, I am a grandparent whose granddaughter is in 1st grade at Achieve. It is our community school, which her father and aunt went to when they were young. The Mapleton district has designed many focused smaller schools instead of 2 larger schools and this approach seems to have worked. The class sizes are small, the teachers are excellent, and it is STEM focused.. Parent involvement is good and there is extensive support for ESL families if it is needed. Part of the reason their state scores are low is that they are a new charter system, but it seems to me that they are doing a good job. They make what little funding they have stretch a long way (vote yes on ammendment 66!) and have inventive fundraising throughout the year (not catalog based thankfully). They emphasize student involvement in the school as their own little community and this approach is working well with my granddaughter and her friends. All things considered, our extended family is pleased with the job Achieve is doing and my granddaughter looks forward to school, learns a lot there, and enjoys going, which I think is important.

Horrible! My son was relentlessly teased because he is white! My daughter had to be taken out because all they did was cater to spanish speaking. I would like my children to grow up in a diverse atmosphere but this was ridiculous!

Hi im a student at Achieve Academy and I would like to say that our school is not a bad school it is actually one of the bestest school in all of Colorado. Parents, you shouldnt speak badly about the school if you don't come to the school. Sure we may have some drama but what school doesn't? Also we may not be able to change clothing for gym but that doesnt matter, what matters is the education the school gives your children. By the way we have a vice principle also not just a principle..This is a very good school..!

Putting all those students in that small facility was a huge mistake! I am very disapointed in this district! There is not enough room provided for all the complaints I have for this school! Talk about un organized the first day of school was a mess and the middle school students are treated as if they are in day care!! The Pe class is a joke how can you expect middle school students not to change while in pe?? I feel bad every day dropping my child off and now currently looking at other schools!!!!

I am very unhappy with this school. There were very limited resources so the music/p.e. was limited and spread to thin for the 2 schools sharing 1 building. As of next year there will not even be a library at this school. The parent involvement was nonexistent. There is only 1 principal and no vice, so it is had to get a meeting with someone in charge. There was never anyone at the 2 crosswalks, and only 2 adults max available at lunch time for all students outside in grades K-5. Don't send your kids here!!!

Last modified Achieve Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.