Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

A handful is good, the rest of them need to go back to school to obtain additional education.

Amount of homework: Agree

The copied pages on the homework are sometimes so bad, it is very hard to decipher what they want.

Explore is a great school. My son is in the Pre-K program and he loves it. Before school even started, the teachers in my sons classroom came to our house to meet my son. I felt that coming to our house was a great idea; it allowed the teachers to meet my son in an environment that he felt safe. On the first day of school the principle and vice principle both got to know me as well as my son. Everyday through this whole year both the principle and vice principle stop to talk to me as well as other parents. My sons teacher always informs me on how he is doing. I feel that most of the parents find ways to be involved; the teachers do a great job making sure the parents are involved too. The whole staff cares about all the students in the school. The teachers and other staff members take the time to talk to all the students; and ask them how their day is going. Students at Explore show a high level of respect for the staff and others around them. I would highly recommend this school to other parents.

Explore is an amazing school that changed my daughter's life! She was attending a high-performing Adams 12 school in our neighborhood but the teachers didn't understand her learning style or needs (she had mild sensory processing issues). After 3 years at that school, she had very low self-esteem, so we began actively looking for a new school. Explore Elementary welcomed us to come and spend the day observing, and as we left the school, my daughter said, "This is the school I want to go to." Explore was the school I would've chosen for her as well--the skillful teaching and active learning that I had observed had sold me on Explore. That was 3 years ago, and I am so thankful that we switched schools. My daughter is in the gifted and talented program and is a productive member of the school, something that never would ve happened without Explore.

My son, Joey Belich, went to this school since it began a few years ago. He has just graduated out this school. I am thankful for Explore Elementary because: 1. They teach in an interesting and creative way 2. They believe that moral values and a good education should be taught together 3. Their staff is committed to the learning of their students and the staff has a great attitude with the students. 4. The staff's standards of improving every year and making their program better and better is obviously seen by the parents who are involved in their childs learning Joey improved in reading and writing which he had been below standards previously but now he is where he should be. His math always excelled and they never held him back and let him grow to an incredible maps score at the end of this year. This school should be applauded.

Last modified Explore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.