Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

"My teacher makes learning fun!" says my 3rd grader! THIS is what learning should be! Stellar ROCKS!

Working with this dedicated, child-focused, invested and caring staff makes it a joy to come to work every day. Students are happy here! Smiles fill the hallway! Scores are soaring! This behavior has become contagious and I look forward to supporting more of it, year-after-year as a proud member of Stellar's faculty!

Fabulous place to work and make friends too. Everyone is motivated to create student growth. Rigor and Excellence!

As a very involved grandparent, I have seen many positive changes at Stellar Elementary School in the last two years. Principal Thompson is very involved with the students and is arranging for more programs in the school to help the students. These programs help with raising reading levels, Math and computer skills and helping students reach their full potential. There are gifted and talented programs as well. I love the staff at Stellar. They are very friendly from the time you walk in the door, through the classrooms, the Principal's office and the lunchroom. Stellar is a school you should check out in your neighborhood!

Stellar Elementary works hard to find out where every student is academically and what we need to do to support growing their learning through SMART goals. We have engaged parents and volunteers to come in and help us build a positive, loving learning community that supports students in a variety of learning settings. I am very excited to be a part of this team and know that Stellar is moving positively forward to meet the needs of all learners from special needs to gifted through differentiated instruction and a warm open welcoming environment.

I have kids ranging in ages 18-6. Stellar I'd not my home school but I transferred my daughter in because it offered half day kinder and my home school only offered full day. She is now in 1st grade at stellar,I fell in love with the school and could not leave. Every staff member that I've encountered is excellent. I feel so good about my daughter being there. I know she is safe and well taken care of. Everyday when I pick up my daughter and I ask her how her day was, she says; AWSOME! That makes me feel good and I have the staff at Stellar Elementary to thank!

The new principal is a very poor problem solver. My child had some issues and since the beginning of the school we still do not have them resolved.

If you have a child with learning problems, this school is not for you. My son struggled all year and now at the end of the year, we still do not know what their plan is to get him to read or do better in school.

This is our second year at Stellar and we love it. I have a third grader that is working really hard and all his teachers are so willing to help him. I also have a Kindergartner that is just doing amazing. Her kindergarden teacher is just amazing! The new principal is wonderful and really is a joy to talk to. Next year I will try to be more involved in PTO and volunteer more in their classes!

I agree with the fact that this school has changed. The lower grades are wonderful and the teachers are supportive, but the upper grades are horrible. There is a spirit of meanness that starts in the 3rd grade with a particular teacher and the spirit continues to the 5th grade. The students are being punished because they can't meet academic standards instead of the teachers helping them to succeed. The principal needs to take a leadership role to address her staff and find solutions to the problems. Because there are problems at this school.

Last modified Stellar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.