Westminster, CO

Ryan Elementary School 2

Posted December 20, 2014
My son started school here in kindergarten. It was a wonderful school until three years ago when the school switched principals. The newer principal is demeaning and uncaring towards the kids. She also does not listen to the parents at all. She treats every kid like they are bad from the start and keeps a hawks eye out looking for trouble. She is in the Jeffco school district so it is next to impossible to remove someone like this. If you would like your kid treated like a criminal and like a military type run school then Ryan is for you. If not beware of this school! We pulled my child out and have been much happier and we are now seeing what it's like to have a kind, caring, warm principal.

Ryan Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
This is a review from a student that just graduated 5th grade here. I spent from Kindergarden to 5th grade and I loved every bit of it. The community is great, now that i'm in middle school, tons of kids don't care about school at all here and do nothing. Ryan is different. I never saw that. The teachers are fantastic, all of them. The only reason i'm not giving them 5 stars is that there were hardly any clubs at all. But other than that, a perfect school for anyone.

Ryan Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2014
I'm very concerned for my child's safety. My child told me that she left the school premises without the teachers noticing. That made me realize there's no fence around the entire playground. If the kids are playing on the north facing playground they can easily leave. That made me so upset. I checked many other schools before deciding on Ryan and I was busy checking test scores and making sure I liked the teachers. It never occurred to me to check the safety of the playground. All of the other schools had a fence that wrapped around to make sure no kids got away. Kids are young and they're going to test their boundaries. My child should have never been able to leave today. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Ryan Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2012
I really like most of the teachers at this school. But I don't feel they are allowed to challenge my children. While volunteering, in the school, I was told by another parent that the teachers were not allowed to assign harder work or certain homework because the principal doesn't believe in homework. My children get excellent grades, and really do need more of a challenge as do alot of the kids in this school. We finally got a great teacher in my sons third grade, but I've noticed over and over again thather lessons are considered "too much" or "too hard". So this school really doesn't have your childs best interest they just want to dumb down the lessons so the kids feel better about getting good grades.

Ryan Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2012
The teacher's we have had have been wonderful. My daughter loves learning and loves going to her specials classes as well. I appreciate the extra things Ryan does such as the READ dogs, Heatlhy Hawks High Fives for healthy food choices, Wonderful PTA enrichment classes, Passport Journey, Patricia Pollaco's visit to the school, teacher coaching and education and more. I volunteer at the school regularly and I like what I see. My only complaint is that I wish the principal was a little friendlier to parents. I don't necessarily feel acknowledged when I am there to help out, etc. On the other hand I think she takes good care of her teachers and I appreciate the organized ship she runs.

Ryan Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2010
The community is supportive of each other. Last week we held a benefit concert for a student with cancer and the community donated nearly $4,000 to help the family. Parents are involved with their children and work to make the school great.

Ryan Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
I have had many good experiences with the principal - She knows all of the students and she cares about them.

Ryan Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2010
The principal is rude and doesn't take responsibility for her actions.

Ryan Elementary School 3

Posted June 30, 2009
Ryan is a great school. The current administration is wonderful. The PTA is very involved and brings wonderful programs to the school. My only complaint is lack of continuity among teachers in each grade level. Unfortunately a child's experience can differ dramatically depending on which teacher they are assigned. If they truly worked as a team at the grade level, such stark discrepancies wouldn't exist. Like another parent recommended, become your child's advocate and get to know the more experienced teachers quickly. It will be worth your time.

Ryan Elementary School 5

Posted June 26, 2009
My daughter loves this school! She really loves classes with the the specials teachers do. Art, Music, and P.E. teachers go above and beyond teaching a wide range of activities.

Ryan Elementary School
5851 West 115th Ave, Westminster, CO  80020
Last modified Ryan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ryan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top