Westminster, CO

Mandalay Middle School 2

Posted August 22, 2014
My child has been sick for a few days and as parents will call school to let them know she will not be there. The attendance person is very rude asking many questions of why our child will not be there . Apparently being sick is not a good enuff answer cause on the second day they demand a note from a doctor. I don't take my child to dr office every time they are sick. So let's all take our sick children and drop them off at school every day to have them call us mid day to go back to the school and pick up our SICK child to bring them home. Hmm I'm not the smartest person on the planet but that's crazy. So now I'm taking time off work thriving my child to dr office for them to tell me to just give child a few over the counter meds. Which we are already doing and let child rest a few days . Hmm sure lets demand a dr note . Other then that the school is not a bad school teachers are good. My child loves it there .

Mandalay Middle School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
The teachers are excellent, it'll be hard to come by such a great group of people again. However, the school administration is terrible. They want you to believe that they are "proactive" but they find excuses to single students out for discipline. They also have assigned seating for all the kids at lunchtime, which is ridiculous. Would be a TERRIFIC school if the administration was replaced with those who didn't have a hidden agenda. Communication is fairly decent, although it could use some work. I wish my child has had a better experience, but the school administration has made the transition 10x's harder for these kids than necessary.

Mandalay Middle School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
A very good school. My child likes his teachers and there is respect from others.

Mandalay Middle School 4

Posted March 20, 2012
I have been so impressed by Mandalay this year. Administration listens critically to parent concerns and works to resolve issues. Teachers are working hard to make sure my student has everything she needs to succeed. They started a remedial math class upon realizing that a regular math class with extra support wasn't meeting the needs of the students. They have been working to employ literacy strategies school wide and have started to recognize students for their achievements in this area. Teachers have changed the way they teach from my last child to attend (3 years ago) to now. Most teachers are working to make sure kids are talking to each other and learning from each other. Most notable is that teachers are asking kids to think at deeper levels. There isn't as much memorization and busy work as their used to be. Teachers are giving up vacation days to take a group of students to Washington D.C. No school is without issues, but Mandalay seems to be working hard to resolve theirs. One thing that would help to make Mandalay stronger is if more parents were involved on a regular basis!

Posted May 20, 2011
No communication when there is a concern with our children... But plenty of communication when the school is requesting money or funding..... Whats worse false allocations on two different occasions...

Posted May 02, 2011
Not a good school I do not recommend it . No communication, No support. Unsatisfactory!!!!

Posted November 23, 2008

Posted March 03, 2008

Posted July 10, 2007

Posted July 16, 2006
I think mandalay middle school is a wonderful place with a great staff.

Mandalay Middle School
9651 North Pierce St, Westminster, CO  80021
Last modified Mandalay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mandalay Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top