Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The principals have a history of being bigger bully's than any of the children. They have threatened my boys into admitting things they didn't do. I am not so naive to think my children don't make mistakes, they do. But to be berated for mistakes they haven't made is unacceptable. If I could have sent them to any other school I would have.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It is important to understand that the teachers here are good, but the school policy and protections of the students are not upheld.

My student attended for 7 and 8 grade. The teachers are good and do well with the students for the most part. The administration at this school is terrible. They do nothing to crack down on bully issues and, I feel, contribute to the problem. Mr. Rodriguez does not use the safe to tell system they way it is intend and seems to run the school more in the fashion of the Jerry Springer show. If administration does not change by the time my next student is ready for middle school, I will not enroll there. I do not recommend.

Great School! Middle School can be a hard transition but things have been great! The Teachers and Staff have been wonderful they truly are invested in helping kids thrive not only in academics but also socially and emotionally. They continuously strive to create a positive and welcoming environment for both parents and students. The community aspect is growing ,but my favorite part of the school is that the teachers, administration and staff are attentive and make the learning day not only productive but they include many fun activities that keep the students engaged.

My child has been sick for a few days and as parents will call school to let them know she will not be there. The attendance person is very rude asking many questions of why our child will not be there . Apparently being sick is not a good enuff answer cause on the second day they demand a note from a doctor. I don't take my child to dr office every time they are sick. So let's all take our sick children and drop them off at school every day to have them call us mid day to go back to the school and pick up our SICK child to bring them home. Hmm I'm not the smartest person on the planet but that's crazy. So now I'm taking time off work thriving my child to dr office for them to tell me to just give child a few over the counter meds. Which we are already doing and let child rest a few days . Hmm sure lets demand a dr note . Other then that the school is not a bad school teachers are good. My child loves it there .

The teachers are excellent, it'll be hard to come by such a great group of people again. However, the school administration is terrible. They want you to believe that they are "proactive" but they find excuses to single students out for discipline. They also have assigned seating for all the kids at lunchtime, which is ridiculous. Would be a TERRIFIC school if the administration was replaced with those who didn't have a hidden agenda. Communication is fairly decent, although it could use some work. I wish my child has had a better experience, but the school administration has made the transition 10x's harder for these kids than necessary.

A very good school. My child likes his teachers and there is respect from others.

I have been so impressed by Mandalay this year. Administration listens critically to parent concerns and works to resolve issues. Teachers are working hard to make sure my student has everything she needs to succeed. They started a remedial math class upon realizing that a regular math class with extra support wasn't meeting the needs of the students. They have been working to employ literacy strategies school wide and have started to recognize students for their achievements in this area. Teachers have changed the way they teach from my last child to attend (3 years ago) to now. Most teachers are working to make sure kids are talking to each other and learning from each other. Most notable is that teachers are asking kids to think at deeper levels. There isn't as much memorization and busy work as their used to be. Teachers are giving up vacation days to take a group of students to Washington D.C. No school is without issues, but Mandalay seems to be working hard to resolve theirs. One thing that would help to make Mandalay stronger is if more parents were involved on a regular basis!

No communication when there is a concern with our children... But plenty of communication when the school is requesting money or funding..... Whats worse false allocations on two different occasions...

Not a good school I do not recommend it . No communication, No support. Unsatisfactory!!!!

Last modified Mandalay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.