Lukas Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2014
Great school. My daughter loves it here. She came to Lucas Elementary in 2nd grade a little bellow grade level. With great support she is doing awsome . In 2nd grade we had Mr. Cefkin and he was an amazing teacher. This year she is with Mrs. Bowen and she loves her teacher as well.

Posted May 06, 2014
I am sorry to say that in the last two years the leadership quality has become rather weak. I do not believe that bullying is handled properly at all. I have visited during lunch and felt that the teacher (?) in charge was rather harsh. I realize speaking loudly is necessary in a lunchroom but I only noticed anger in her voice from the start. I now know why my child gobbles their food down at home....there isn't enough time at school! I have also noticed an increase in bullying, perhaps if the consequence for the bully was more strict then maybe it would work?? I hope this situation improves. We do not want to move.....we like being in a "neighborhood" school. I do volunteer,this is how I am able to witness some of this stuff. I am not the only parent who feels this way but I have heard others that have not had a very positive experience when going in alone to complain. Maybe if more of us will come forward, we can see some positive change.

Posted April 23, 2014
The new principal is pretty bad. The parents and students sorely miss the old principal, who was fantastic. With that said, the teachers at Lukas are outstanding and we still think it's a wonderful school.

Lukas Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2014
The new principal is not as student/parent focused as the old principal. There are reports of moldy bread for hot lunches. The PTA is very hard to be a part of.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have 4 kids in this school for the past few years... all in different grades and 2 of which have had their struggles academically. The school has been there doing everything they can for them to help them get up to where they need to be. They are very caring and seem to genuinely be invested in each student. All of my kids teachers are really good with the kids and give great feedback on how they are doing. I also get response to emails quickly and can usually get a hold of someone if I need to. We also have had very little problem with other children being a negative influence. I have nothing bad to say about this school and am very happy that my children get the opportunity to attend.

Lukas Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2012
My child attends this school. The teachers are very friendly, attentive and caring. However, my child has had difficulty with bullying and racial slurs that he did not get while attending Semper. I am hoping this will improve or we may need to change schools.

Posted August 12, 2011
We have been very pleased with all of the teachers. The principle is an excellent leader.

Lukas Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
I was really hoping to have a good experience at the school but unfortunately that wasn't the case. My son has a speech delay and was I felt bullied by the administration. We had to hire an outside tutor for both his speech and reading and has excelled with her but not in his classroom. The staff has told me that he will never be able to catch up. There is no communication from the staff unless they want to gang up on the parent to tell them all the things their child is doing wrong. We will be going to a different school next year. The PTA? Forget about it. You walk in and you do not feel valued or accepted at all.

Lukas Elementary School 5

Posted February 17, 2011
My son and daughter both went K-6 at Lukas and I highly recommend the teachers, administration, and culture of learning, citizenship, safety, and fun. Both of my kids thrived there and I could not have asked for a better learning and growing environment than they recieved at Lukas. Kudos to the whole team. The teachers especially take a personal interest in each child and go the extra mile.

Posted April 01, 2010

Lukas Elementary School
9650 West 97th Ave, Westminster, CO  80021
Last modified Lukas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lukas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top