Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Cotton Creek's staff is really dedicated to make sure that kids are successful. I couldn't imagine a better school!

Love the teachers and staff. School includes a wonderful before and after school program that is very affordable and my girls love it. Been with Cotton Creek for 7 years and the school staff, administrators and parent community have inspired my husband and I to do more for our children and the school. Public schools are losing funding and it's going to take a community to build upon each other to make it through. My youngest will be done with 5th grade soon and moving onto middle school but I intend to keep on helping out where I can. This is how great this school is. I can't imagine a better school for my girls to have the pleasure of going to. They are growing up in a diverse community. They get to experience friendships with children with different backgrounds and challenges. To the parent who had to withdraw their children due to law enforcement visit...... The school is simply doing their job. Good luck at your next school and please leave them a few contact numbers for you so they are able to get a hold of you when you forget to call in an absence.

I saw a prior post regarding law enforcement coming to a home to check on a student. I am sorry this has upset this particular family, however, I see it completely differently. It is reassuring to know the school is taking the safety of the students seriously and for me this is a positive for Cotton Creek. Ever since the tragic murder of Jessica Ridgeway it is my understanding that new procedures were put in place to ensure the safety of our children. If a child is not present at school and there has been no contact from the family letting the school know of this absence (like calling the attendance line, or office) than the school has an obligation to follow up with the parents/caregiver. If the school can not get a hold of the family then they have an obligation to send someone to the home of the student. In the review the parent said he didn't call the school so that means the principal has to follow through with the next step if he is doing his job correctly. In the end what is important is that the child was okay and accounted for. But I know if it were my child I would have been thankful that the school cared enough to follow through until they knew my child was safe. I don't see this as nosy or the school trying to take over the parenting of my child - I see this as a caring community doing their job. Cotton Creek has a huge heart and my experience has been a great one for the past 7 years.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The school is somewhat effective. I do not believe this is a five star school. To be honest, you will never find any five star pulic school. The money is just not there. That is why they are always asking parents to help fundraise so much.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My would get a half of sheet of homework and it was only work for four out of five days. It usually takes my child about five minutes to complete.

Develops character: Neutral

This school has a policy. Have of the time the teachers are to busy socializing with each other trying to make the day go by faster. There are many incidents overlooked.

This is a great school with a traditional neighborhood feel. It has dedicated teachers, staff and a principal who does his best every day. It is not everyone's idea of perfect, but if you are looking for a good, well-rounded education for your kids, with a diverse population and the inclusion of special needs inside the classroom, this is the place to bring your kids. It is a home for all families. Cotton Creek has a GT program and special needs programs, with clubs/activities to grow your little ones into something special. Bring your whole family to Cotton Creek and tour the place to see what you think. Come see for yourself what a great school this is.

Interesting how all the negative reviews of this school mysteriously vanish - let's see how long mine stays. Listen, and listen good: Cotton Creek abuses the CO educational laws, which favor the school's judgment over the parents. They ignore or get defensive over questions and concerns about your child's education, they have a serious bullying problem, the teachers don't get the training or tools they need to do their job (some have overcome this and do great, but sadly that's only some), they've used state budget issues as an excuse to cut corners at the students' expense even though this is ILLEGAL, and the principal treats it all like a big joke. As someone else said, notice how soooo many of the glowing reviews for this school came in for this place at the same time... please, don't believe the hype. Oh and go ahead, Principal Kempsell, report this review and get it removed - it still won't stop me from telling others how bad Cotton Creek is and what an inadequate leader you are.

We moved here from out of state, from a district with incredible schools. I was very concerned with what we would find, and have been so pleasantly surprised! We are thrilled with the staff, my sons 4th grade teacher, their attention to his personal needs (not just the core education, but pushing him personally ahead in areas he has strengths in, even if it means extra work for his teacher). We love the the leadership. We love how they want the kids to be happy and thrive and not just worry about the scores. I am turning down a seat at the local charter school offered to my kindergartener to have him attend Cotton Creek.

I miss this school so much! We moved from Louisiana to Colorado a few years ago. We were leery at first to send our daughter to a public school and Cotton Creek could not have been better. The teachers and staff are incredible. There is a HUGE focus on education not just fund raising. I wish we could find us a school like this in TN (where we moved to). Sadly we have not. I miss CCE!

Last modified Cotton Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.