Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Cotton Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2016
I want to coment on the last coment from a parent who can so call glorify this school with five stars. I like to say that, my family own's a chain of five star private schools. Yes, business is good. What I do not understand is that, why is the school so dependent on the parents to help with their funding troubles? If the school was really doing their job and alot less worried about what parents execute their own parental rights, this would not be an issue. The school needs to stop sitting in office and actually getting out and doing some foot work. Why dont you get out of your chair and solicit donations from companies that are willing to help. I think this would be alot better than waiting for the goverment to fund your circus. This just goes to show the lack of real work being done around there. It is just a pitty. While the school can kick back all day and give orders and wait for funding from the goverment and expect the parents to do all of foot work. It is a shame! I belive that, you want your so called five star establishment? Get out of your chair and go out and earn it,instead of making the parents do it for you. They already have tons to deal with; taking care of all of the little one's.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 10, 2016
Angela Caudill - PTA President - Thanks for leading with passion! Mr. Kempsell - Thanks for showing up for EVERY SINGLE PTA Meeting!

Cotton Creek Elementary School 5

Posted May 10, 2016
Love the teachers and staff. School includes a wonderful before and after school program that is very affordable and my girls love it. Been with Cotton Creek for 7 years and the school staff, administrators and parent community have inspired my husband and I to do more for our children and the school. Public schools are losing funding and it's going to take a community to build upon each other to make it through. My youngest will be done with 5th grade soon and moving onto middle school but I intend to keep on helping out where I can. This is how great this school is. I can't imagine a better school for my girls to have the pleasure of going to. They are growing up in a diverse community. They get to experience friendships with children with different backgrounds and challenges. To the parent who had to withdraw their children due to law enforcement visit...... The school is simply doing their job. Good luck at your next school and please leave them a few contact numbers for you so they are able to get a hold of you when you forget to call in an absence.

Cotton Creek Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2016
I saw a prior post regarding law enforcement coming to a home to check on a student. I am sorry this has upset this particular family, however, I see it completely differently. It is reassuring to know the school is taking the safety of the students seriously and for me this is a positive for Cotton Creek. Ever since the tragic murder of Jessica Ridgeway it is my understanding that new procedures were put in place to ensure the safety of our children. If a child is not present at school and there has been no contact from the family letting the school know of this absence (like calling the attendance line, or office) than the school has an obligation to follow up with the parents/caregiver. If the school can not get a hold of the family then they have an obligation to send someone to the home of the student. In the review the parent said he didn't call the school so that means the principal has to follow through with the next step if he is doing his job correctly. In the end what is important is that the child was okay and accounted for. But I know if it were my child I would have been thankful that the school cared enough to follow through until they knew my child was safe. I don't see this as nosy or the school trying to take over the parenting of my child - I see this as a caring community doing their job. Cotton Creek has a huge heart and my experience has been a great one for the past 7 years.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 22, 2016
The school is somewhat effective. I do not believe this is a five star school. To be honest, you will never find any five star pulic school. The money is just not there. That is why they are always asking parents to help fundraise so much.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted April 22, 2016
My would get a half of sheet of homework and it was only work for four out of five days. It usually takes my child about five minutes to complete.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted April 22, 2016
I have not seen any of it in my child. That is one of the bigest issue with my child. Since he has been attending. I have not seen him display any self confidence.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted April 22, 2016
The school cannot do it on their own. They always have to get the parents involved. My child had issues with this. The only reason he suceeded this is because I had to get involved.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted April 22, 2016
I did not see much of it. The school is more focused on fundraising all of the time. I dont work there but I felt like I did. They always need something.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted April 22, 2016
This school has a policy. Have of the time the teachers are to busy socializing with each other trying to make the day go by faster. There are many incidents overlooked.

11100 Vrain Street, Westminster, CO  80030
Last modified Cotton Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.