Posted August 18, 2014
This is a great school with a traditional neighborhood feel. It has dedicated teachers, staff and a principal who does his best every day. It is not everyone's idea of perfect, but if you are looking for a good, well-rounded education for your kids, with a diverse population and the inclusion of special needs inside the classroom, this is the place to bring your kids. It is a home for all families. Cotton Creek has a GT program and special needs programs, with clubs/activities to grow your little ones into something special. Bring your whole family to Cotton Creek and tour the place to see what you think. Come see for yourself what a great school this is.

Cotton Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2014
Interesting how all the negative reviews of this school mysteriously vanish - let's see how long mine stays. Listen, and listen good: Cotton Creek abuses the CO educational laws, which favor the school's judgment over the parents. They ignore or get defensive over questions and concerns about your child's education, they have a serious bullying problem, the teachers don't get the training or tools they need to do their job (some have overcome this and do great, but sadly that's only some), they've used state budget issues as an excuse to cut corners at the students' expense even though this is ILLEGAL, and the principal treats it all like a big joke. As someone else said, notice how soooo many of the glowing reviews for this school came in for this place at the same time... please, don't believe the hype. Oh and go ahead, Principal Kempsell, report this review and get it removed - it still won't stop me from telling others how bad Cotton Creek is and what an inadequate leader you are.

Posted February 07, 2014
We moved here from out of state, from a district with incredible schools. I was very concerned with what we would find, and have been so pleasantly surprised! We are thrilled with the staff, my sons 4th grade teacher, their attention to his personal needs (not just the core education, but pushing him personally ahead in areas he has strengths in, even if it means extra work for his teacher). We love the the leadership. We love how they want the kids to be happy and thrive and not just worry about the scores. I am turning down a seat at the local charter school offered to my kindergartener to have him attend Cotton Creek.

Posted July 12, 2013
I miss this school so much! We moved from Louisiana to Colorado a few years ago. We were leery at first to send our daughter to a public school and Cotton Creek could not have been better. The teachers and staff are incredible. There is a HUGE focus on education not just fund raising. I wish we could find us a school like this in TN (where we moved to). Sadly we have not. I miss CCE!

Posted May 21, 2013
My child has attended this school for 4 years and has been very happy. This school has some of the highest educated and experienced teachers in the area. They work together as a team and love what they do. The school offers a GT program and really keeps kids challenged, but also offers help for the kids that need it. There is a strong PTA with lots of parent involvement. The Physical Education teacher works with kids and parents to really get kids to be motivated. We have 2 school runs per year, as well as other sports. Great specials such as Computers, Music, Art PE programs. The Principal is very personable and involved with the school. He is at every school event, PTA meetings, evening events, and is outside greeting the kids each morning. Test scores tend to be low, due to number of outside factors. Don t judge this school by the test scores, come take a tour. This school will offer your child a well rounded education!

Posted January 06, 2013
We have two children at Cotton Creek. I have been impressed with the dedication of the staff. Seasoned teachers work with new teachers in a cooperative team teaching environment. Kids are happy there and the focus is on well-rounded curriculum where kids learn important content and life lessons. Come visit us. Our principal is outside before and after school on most days rain or shine to keep the kids safe. The PTA is a hardworking group of women (and men) who care about the school and plan family activites along with other fundraising activities to maintain the strong sense of community in our school. Not to mention we educate all members of your family... From special needs to gifted and talented. We are a school where everyone is welcome.... Step inside and take a tour. You will feel the heart of the school and why so many families love Cotton Creek.

Posted December 13, 2012
I have two children at Cotton Creek. My oldest child also attended CC. For the past 6 years, I've noticed some of my children's friends leaving and attending another school (the families didn't move residences) and then returning to Cotton Creek. Several of these kids have attended 2-3 elementary schools before 3rd grade. Is this best for a child to switch schools so often. My belief is these parents think Ivy League and forget their kid is in elementary school. School should be fun at this age and learning goes beyond a TCAP test. Parents need to get their head out of the sand and stop looking for the next best thing each school year. Become involved in your child's education and you begin to realize Cotton Creek is an outstanding school. If you sit on the sidelines and never participate, the school loses out on your involvement. Strong schools have a great community feeling, as does CC. They currently lack a mix of veteran and new teachers. The school has great programs done by music & physical education teachers and PTA. Technology is abundant although it often depends on which teacher your child has whether or not they infuse technology into their instruction.

Cotton Creek Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2012
I don't recommend this school. The focus is on funding and enrollment instead of education. The PTA is concerned with popularity and not what's right for the kids. We're applying to other schools in the district for next school year. Don't believe all the five star reviews. The principal asked parents to write good reviews. Notice how many were written in the same time period.

Posted January 28, 2012
Cotton Creek is a fantastic school. Yes, the building is 30+ years old and the playground is pretty 1970-ish too. Don't let the external appearances deceive you. Teachers here are experienced, highly educated, and fully committed to the kids. We all know that teachers often spend a lot of their own money for basic classroom supplies, but one CC teacher paid over $700 out of pocket to purchase LEGO kits for the LEGO robotics club. If that doesn't show dedication, I don't know what does. My kids (2nd and 4th) are challenged every day, and both have individual learning plans to ensure they are able to move on to advanced topics rather than waiting for the rest of the class to catch up. Teachers at CC understand that kids learn differently, and at different paces, and accommodate learning needs. Good balance of diversity. Principal is fantastic and did a great job addressing a bullying situation (one of our kids was bullied - principal and teachers promptly notified us and put an immediate end to it and worked with us to help our child). Parents are actively involved in the school. Like others have noted, the annual Pumpkin Run is a fantastic event. All around great school

Posted January 20, 2012
My family is very fortunate to live in an area with so many excellent school options, and I feel fortunate that my kids are at Cotton Creek. I have a kindergartner and a 2nd grader and have been very happy with the education they received. At this age, I am certainly not concerned about my kids learning 2 grades ahead, or being forced to learn/know concepts that they are not developmentally ready for. I want them to be challenged, while still being encouraged to be a KID, and this school offers that plus a whole lot more. My oldest is considered "advanced" or "gifted" and the school has done a great job challenging him and providing ample opportunities for learning and growth above and beyond what is expected for the grade level. The principal is very hands-on, approachable, and accessible, and is always outside (even on the coldest single-digit temperature days) to welcome each child by name as they arrive to school. Strong parental support, active PTA, terrific extra-curricular activities (Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, running club, bike club, LEGO robotics, math club, etc.) You can FEEL the life of this school when you walk in the front doors. Highly recommend!

Cotton Creek Elementary School
11100 Vrain St, Westminster, CO  80030
Last modified Cotton Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cotton Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top