Westminster, CO

Posted April 24, 2014
My school is Rocky Mountain Elementary, and the principal is amazing. He is always available to students and staff. He is in the halls checking on how things are going . He is giving students high fives for walking great in school. The atmosphere and culture are respectful and professional. The kids and staff are always smiling and happy.

Rocky Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2007
I absolutely love this school, and we have decided not to move from the area because of the school. My son was in another school for Kindergarten, and was taught nothing because I refused to medicate him. We sent him to Rocky Mountain last year for first grade, and he is now doing math at a high 3rd grade level, and performing at grade level in all other subjects. The only problems I have with the school are the attitude of [one particular]teacher and the lack of adult intervention in the before and after school care program. [This]teacher tends to choose her favorites and ignores or berates the other students. The adults in charge of the BASE program ignore the children, and allow bullying to occur on a daily basis. They are more interested in talking than keeping the children safe and happy.

Rocky Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
very friendly staff, open front doors, colorful, bright and clean atmosphere. Teachers range from 1 to 2 years experience to 15 years experience. A great music and art department! Luch menu very reasonable and nutritous. There after and before school program is good! Could use there own room/s instead of using the lunch room so much for activities. Could use more structure in this program howver, lots of fun extra cirruclar activities for the kids. Quality of academic success seems to be high as there are high expectations. Parent involvement active but seems like it could be more active. My child entered Kindergarten here not knowing his abc's and came out knowing how to spell and read slightly and counting to 100. The children at this school seem very respectful as you walk down the halls! Overall a high rated school!

Posted December 07, 2005
What a great school! We choiced our daughter out of Federal Heights to Rocky Mountain and are so glad we did. The CSAP scores from RME continue to be among the best in the state. The teachers are quality teachers who really care about their students. The classes each have about 20-23 kids each so each student has great access to their teacher at all times! They have a great physical education program, access to all sports and as a parent you can be involved as you choose to be!! The music program at RME is absolutely outstanding. This year my daughter is in the instrumental program and is in a group that was picked best in the state and as a result will be performing at the Broadmoor hotel in January. This is a great school!

Rocky Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2005
Good school overall. They need to have more PE. Most kids only get it for one week a month. Kids need more at least twice a week. They are also not to quick to pick up on parent volunteers. They tend to favor stay at home moms.

Posted August 15, 2004
My oldest is entering the 5th grade 2004 -2005 at RME, my middle child 2nd grade, and my youngest 1st grade. RME is the only school my children have ever known and they love going to school! The office,teaching,lunch room,BASE/KEEP staff are caring, attentive, school rules/policies are gently yet firmly enforced. Rocky Mountain Elementary deserves recognition for never failing to give their very best to our kids. It means so much to know that your children are given genuine feelings of concern for their well being. That they are safe and happy at school while learning from the best educators. I never ever worry about my children while they are at school. I actually TRUST the staff with my most precious treasures. Thanks so much to ALL employees at RME, or as my kids would say 'RME is the Bomb'! 8/16/04

Posted August 31, 2003
Rocky Mountain's the best! Parental involvement is always welcome. COmmunications to home are on the mark. This schools mission statement should read: 'A home away from home.' My children say it's like having a great big extended family!

Rocky Mountain Elementary School
3350 West 99th Ave, Westminster, CO  80030
Last modified Rocky Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top