Westminster, CO

Shaw Heights Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2015
great school teachers are dedicated and helpful every school has its problems and this one is fighting but i would say it is overall one of the best

Posted April 28, 2015
My kid was going to that school I had to take her out the they don't help the kids when they need it and they don't take the time to help the kids when they don't understand . There very little that douse car but like they told my girl they get paid to talk to the not to care for them.. They have not tryed to help all they did was bully my kids to the point where she cuts her self she said that she feel like dieing when they pick on her I have tryed to talk to all of them to get some help with work but they don't have the time to help. This school is bad

Posted May 02, 2013
Parents, beware of this school! While there are a few good teachers, the horrible ones make the school untolerable. My child tells me of teachers who yell at the kids, and use bad language when speaking to the kids. Some of these people have NO business being around children. The staff treat the kids as if they are in prison and are very uick to talk down to the kids and treat them disrespectfully. There is even a teacher who told the class he hates kids! It is sad that adams 50 has great elementary schools and a great high school, but somewhere in the middle, all passion, care, and concern for education and other human beings is completely lost. Boo! Close this school, hire new staff, get rid of standards base, and start over.

Shaw Heights Middle School 5

Posted April 08, 2013
This is a wonderful school my son Alex has gone there since 6th grade and is graduating this year everyone is so nice to him the teachers care and he is exceeding standards i'm so proud

Posted August 23, 2012
is it possible to give a zero? tried talking to the teachers and get know where. my son is starting the 7th grade and I am already looking at others schools. I will not keep him here another year! the staff nor the student care about education.

Posted August 05, 2012
Its hard when you talk to the principal and assures you its a good school but then has yet to return a call with my concerns. There is fights almost daily, the teachers nor the staff seem to care! The new Standard base is a joke! I took my son out halfway through 6th grade and moved him, he was almost a year behind the other kids at the new school! So glad I switched him...and the staff said they weren't surprised when I pulled him Really????

Posted August 03, 2012
Awful school always fights, teachers don't care and seem to look the other way and don't even care if you pass or fail.

Posted September 19, 2011
Zero stars was not an option. Horrible leadership,standardbased teaching,and personal conflicts, this school is doomed. This school is old outdated,and smells moldy. Its a shame when teachers complain about the principals/staff. Every child that goes there is labled as a gang member,drug user,and not even given a chance to prove otherwise. It was my understanding that all children deserve a chance at having an education, if u want your child to have a chance at success,you probably should not send them here. Horrible experience!

Posted May 25, 2010
Don't send your kids to this school!!! They just started "Standards-Based" curriculum, which is doomed to be yet another failed education initiative! When I went to conferences, they told me they really could not tell me what my son's progress was because there were no real requirements in the curriculum. For instance, his math teacher could not tell me if he was doing grade-level math! Then, when report cards came out, he didn't get grades! Instead, there was a list of learning objectives he should have shown proficiency in. This would have been ok, except that out of 24 objectives in one class, he was shown as proficient in only ONE! Yet, the teacher said he was doing GREAT! This was in December; in March the progress report was identical but the teacher STILL SAID HE WAS DOING GREAT!!! What a fiasco!

Shaw Heights Middle School 4

Posted February 20, 2010
The school is filled with smart people.There are teachers that help all the time. Even though every school has its problems, this ones is a the fights. I have seen at least 15. But over all its a great school everyone, well almost everyone is nice to new people if you keep your cool.It is the best in Adams 50.

Shaw Heights Middle School
8780 Circle Dr, Westminster, CO  80030
Last modified Shaw Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shaw Heights Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top