Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I know this to be true for both myself and my best friend. We both had learning disabilities, and the interaction through our teacher created two sisters by choice.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have stated this opinion in a previous answer. But as I said in that response, there is a reason many of us former students have moved back to this neighborhood. I can honestly say, my time there taught me compassion, and I still let my heart have a strong voice. In truth, it was due to a physical condition my Principal had, but as my family worked in medical, she explained. I used to tell off other kids who made stupid comments. It gave validation to the compassion I always felt for people. It shaped my character immensely. Plus, she had a wonderful sense of humor!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

As long as standards have been maintained as they used to be I am sure the teachers are excellent.

Amount of homework: Agree

Past experience with myself and friends children, Westy Elementary has tried to find a balance between the requirements of the Scholastic Overseers and the honest evaluation of children and the frustration levels they experience, which vary as we age. Educators who put their students needs, including breaks before brain-melting occurs midday, and every class after that is hit or miss as to absorbing information. As the world grows in technology, we need to teach our children balance at an early age. Otherwise, homework may get completed, but retention possiblities dimiss as we try to follow Acedemic Guidelines that need re-evaluated from the standpoint of our childrens education is not a competition, it is the foundation that will help shape their self-esteem, especially in the cases as myself - one diagnosed and treated learning disability, one undiagnosed until this, my 46th year of life. Don't let homework become as daunting as trying to reach a human when you call Customer Service centers.

I really have enjoyed my daughter going to westminster elm. I feel that there is diffinatly a lack of communication. I have yet to recive a report card. but to see my daughter coming home being smarter and getting moved to the second grade. Has made me feel very happy.

Last modified Westminster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.