Westminster, CO
Students enrolled: 2,366

Posted October 08, 2014
My son is a Junior here, and what he tells me is that teachers teach here. I have nothing but positive things to say about Westminster High School. He is a good student. He plays on the Football team and tells me Football is Family here . Says Coach Denison is the best Coach in tbe State. You will never here him degrade a player in front of another. If your looking for good teachers that care thisis the place for your student athlete

Westminster High School 5

Posted February 22, 2014
I loved this school. Especially for the music department. I ended up entering to CU Boulder with scholarships that I never thought I would get. I got the support I wanted to. I entered the IB program and it helped me tremendously. I was involved in almost everything. Three choirs, drama, IB, sports and marching band. I loved being involved and I made the most of it.

Posted May 24, 2013
I have two kids at this school and we heard alot of negative things going into the school. I have to say we have had a great year! Despite all of our hesitation sending our kids here, we are glad we did. The teachers do care and are excellent. If your child wants to learn and has a positive attitude, he or she will make friends and do great academically. There is a club or after school activity for everyone. This is a school where everyone can fit in somewhere! The teachers are very supportive and are there for your child if your child is interested in learning. Go Westy!

Posted May 02, 2013
I totally agree with the student below. The teachers and staff are amazing! The school itself has so much to offer if only the students cared. Majority of the students do not try as hard or even put any effort into school. I see so many people who leave school and they clearly are ditching. There is also way too many girls that go to the bathroom just to spend time putting on makeup. Though there are the many students that actually put their time into their education. The Ib program the school offers is wonderful. Those students are dedicated and help each other out with work. I would say they are the ones who show that school matters. Overall the school is very good. Teachers to the best of their abilities but I think the thing that needs to be worked on is trying to engage students with how important academics are.

Posted May 01, 2013
I currently go to Westminster High School and completely disagree with the other critiques. The only reason that this school is rated so horribly is because the students do not care no matter how much the staff encourages them. The teachers have nothing to do with it; I have learned so much from the teachers of Westy and have never experienced such great teachers. The only reason kids are getting low test scores is because they either don't care, never go to class, or both.

Westminster High School 2

Posted February 07, 2013
I graduated a year early to save myself from the SBS system that is now implemented and ruining the future of other students. I took AP courses along with some regular ones, and to be honest, the difference was enormous. The AP teachers had a greater understanding and drive to actually teach/help/connect with their students. However, for the regular courses, the students were less active and pretty much didn't seem to even care, so long as they just passed. The teachers themselves weren't as encouraging or passionate in teaching compared to the AP ones. Overall, The majority of the students seem indifferent towards their education, which completely saddens and angers me, especially when the last year rolls around and all the students are lining up to consult with their counselors about actually graduating on time, when the other minority have other relevant questions concerning university or college entry. I believe it's mainly the students that cause distress for the school and teachers, which is why the district has mostly likely adapted (changed) its infrastructure/system to fit the majority of the students (SBS). However, this in turn leaves those who intend to learn struggle.

Westminster High School 5

Posted September 25, 2012
Yes I went to westy back in 1978 and to me the teachers help me as much as they could. Did I give up no you see no matter what you can not give up . Take the time to thank your teachers. There was a time that I just wanted to give up . So I prayed and ask God what should I do and he said love your teachers or I will take you home early. thanks teachers Imiss you all.

Westminster High School 2

Posted April 16, 2012
This school is terrible. My tax dollars have been a waste. The standards based system is horrible and no one seems to understand how it works, my sons grades and credits from his previous school somehow got "lost" forcing him to start over. The lack of caring among staff is appalling. The school does not hesitate to call me about anything and everything yet when I contact them i get NO RESPONSE. My son absolutely hates this school and like so many other comments does not even want to finish. I can't believe $9 mil. was paid for this and it is just a horrible, horrible school. I also understand it is ranked the worst school in Colorado. I have definitely seen bias towards particular groups. I am ashamed to even say my child goes here.

Westminster High School 1

Posted February 25, 2012
Do not have your children go to this school or this school district if you want them to have the skills needed to get and keep a job, well enough go to college. This school has been given the honor of being one of the worst 5000 schools in the United States. They spend all sorts of money that should be spent on the students on air fares to go to conferences and do who knows what. Staff doesn't care and knows they are going to be fired anyway because the state is going to come in and take them over. Probably the state should do it soon. Save your child-- send them to another high school!

Posted January 09, 2012
I have a son that goes to westy he is a good kid works hard and is playing sports there, he has said that he likes westy he gets along good with his teachers and doesnt feel threatened while being there. my personal dealings with staff there have been good i have gotten quick responses to my questions, and also have been treated with respect by both staff and students while being in the school. westy in the past has had a bad rep. but that is changing as the students start to succeed in thier own development. it is up to us as parents to get involved with our kids and the school to help this change happen.

Westminster High School
4276 West 68th Ave, Westminster, CO  80030
Last modified Westminster High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westminster High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top