Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Posted February 10, 2016
CPA has been a blessing in our lives. My daughter has a chronic health issue that makes her educational experience a little more challenging for her and the school to manage. Not only do they work really hard to accommodate and understand my kiddo's challenges, their care and concern for her is evident in how nearly every member of the CPA team interacts with her and our family. They provide us so much peace of mind. The educational environment is rigorous and provides her enough balance to still be a kid while keeping her interested in the learning process. I can't say enough good things about CPA.

Crown Pointe Charter Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2015
My oldest has now been at this school for nine school years. It's definitely served him well - he's leaving middle school with an amazing grasp of Spanish and will hopefully be attending a college preparatory program at a nearby JeffCo school as a result of his advanced learning at this school. In the past two years the school has done its best to work towards accommodating GT students better. This, unfortunately, came too late for one of my kids and I was advised to place him elsewhere, but I am hopeful for future high needs kids given what I have seen. The teachers and staff are involved, attentive, kind, and caring. I agree that the changes have been positive since Mr. Ouenweel came on board. I hope to see more positive changes for children on both ends of the spectrum at Crown Pointe. Overall, I must say that my son has thrived here and I feel that this school has given him the best possible academic head start for whatever his future endeavors hold for him, and when my youngest enters kindergarten, she too will be attending Crown Pointe. If I have one lingering concern it's that while there are a number of teachers who have been at the school for a very long time, there does seem to be an unusually high rate of teacher turnover here.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 29, 2015
Senor Gonzalez. He's a great teacher and I credit him with my son's strong grasp of Spanish.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 29, 2015
There is a LOT of homework at this school, starting in Kindergarten. That being said, my son has his home study skill down, and homework is his very first task when he walks through the door after he eats.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 29, 2015
Mr. Oweneel is a fantastic leader and very approachable and always visable around campus. Mr Varner does a great job keeping kids active with his different sports clubs and Mrs. Worley is fantastic at helping kids in the gifted and talented group.

Posted September 29, 2015
Before reading other reviews consider who's interest they serve. Also consider how varied students, families and communities can be. This school is a shining star for the area and demographics they serve. Recently they departed from Adams 50 due to their hands being tied up by by the district. Additionally they have made huge changes internally with their new director. Crown Pointe is great at serving the interest of all students needs and helping the student develop in areas where they may struggle. My students have attended for the last six years and I have seen this school only get better over the years. They are actively engaged in school and are always learning things that they want to replicate at home. One of my students loves being part of the br fore school choir and my other student receives additional challenges with the after school gifted and talented group. Compared to the Adams 50 schools where my older children went this school is leaps and bounds better at educating children.

Crown Pointe Charter Academy 2

Posted January 25, 2015
If you look at quality of schools, look at the number of staff members leaving or being force out at this school.

Posted February 07, 2014
This school is amazing. My son is in Kindergarten and my other son is on the list and should get in this next year. I love that they are very academically advanced and they expect the best from their students. Also, the principle is THE BEST. He is very visable and cares so much about the students, staff, and parents. I appriciate that!

Crown Pointe Charter Academy 3

Posted June 23, 2013
Great program, but not for students who require extra accommodations because of being advanced beyond the curriculum. Still one of the better options in Adams 50, but agree with reviewers below who state that their efforts to accommodate high potential learners are almost non-existent. Still, gave both of my kids a great start and still have one enrolled.

Posted May 28, 2013
I have been a part of this school for the past three years. It has been through some changes between the new building and a new director but I cannot begin to say how much my children have thrived here. There are ample opportunities to be involved - in fact it is expected of all parents. I wanted this for my children because I know having the ability to be involved with my children's education through PTA and numerous committees I am taking a more active role with my children. My children have had high expectations placed on them and have risen to it every time. The teachers have an amazing way of making me feel my children are special and they truly understand them. The assistants are right there as well. I am so grateful for the opportunities this school has provided and look forward to seeing additional improvements in the years to come.

2900 West 86th Avenue, Westminster, CO  80031
Last modified Crown Pointe Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.