Public charter
Westminster, CO

Posted February 07, 2014
This school is amazing. My son is in Kindergarten and my other son is on the list and should get in this next year. I love that they are very academically advanced and they expect the best from their students. Also, the principle is THE BEST. He is very visable and cares so much about the students, staff, and parents. I appriciate that!

Posted June 23, 2013
Great program, but not for students who require extra accommodations because of being advanced beyond the curriculum. Still one of the better options in Adams 50, but agree with reviewers below who state that their efforts to accommodate high potential learners are almost non-existent. Still, gave both of my kids a great start and still have one enrolled.

Posted May 28, 2013
I have been a part of this school for the past three years. It has been through some changes between the new building and a new director but I cannot begin to say how much my children have thrived here. There are ample opportunities to be involved - in fact it is expected of all parents. I wanted this for my children because I know having the ability to be involved with my children's education through PTA and numerous committees I am taking a more active role with my children. My children have had high expectations placed on them and have risen to it every time. The teachers have an amazing way of making me feel my children are special and they truly understand them. The assistants are right there as well. I am so grateful for the opportunities this school has provided and look forward to seeing additional improvements in the years to come.

Posted October 26, 2012
The new director is phenomenal! We are loving every aspect of this school so far with our oldest daughter. We very much look forward to our youngest starting in just a few years. Fantastic teachers! Fantastic subjects and specials...overall an incredible school!

Crown Pointe Charter Academy 2

Posted January 18, 2012
2 years after moving from this school to another charter school; I can say the move was the best choice for my family. Although the academics are high at this school, they are just as high at other charter core knowledge schools but administered with more consideration for the whole child. Also, my high performing students are receiving better accommodations than CPA ever offered. When asked for help at CPA to keep my students from being bored I was told that the curriculum was challenging enough and had to argue over every little accommodation I asked for. Some were as small as asking to not make my child read level 2 books when she could read at a 5th grade level. No, I was told...they will run out of things to read...What a joke! It is so nice to be treated with dignity instead of like a pest. My students are thriving elsewhere and being given the extra challenges they need. At the new school my children are treated like human beings and so am I! The leadership is much more professional and teachers are expected to act appropriately and respectful towards the parents. Something not so true at CPA.

Posted July 12, 2011
The teachers are a B and some are an A, really supportive and concerned with all students. The Principal is very controlling, more supportive of her staff, high achievers vs children with learning disabilities, and has a hard job making everyone happy. Your child will learn more here than other surrounding schools; but if you have a child who struggles with the 3 cores, Math, Reading, Language you should not put the pressure and homework that this school gives and go elsewhere. They want to keep their high scores and the scores are great for teachers resumes. Lots of after school help w/ assingments, programs, child care, and clubs. Middle School organizational skills are taught. Spanish is not extensive, just preperation unless you have highly intelligent child. Overall parent involvement is average, a litte more than most, it is the same parents doing activities and board work.

Posted May 19, 2011
Great classes, but POOR leadership. Some obvious favoritism. My children are doing well, but don't understand how rules apply to some children but everyone. Very frustrating to witness it. When it's mentioned, you risk having your own child singled out, so many stay quiet about things they see are wrong at the school. I hear that happens everywhere though. It isn't perfect, but it could sure be a lot better. Some volunteers are welcomed especially when the principal likes them, but others are treated as unwelcome pests. I guess I expected more from a small school.

Posted May 16, 2011
The principal leadership and teacher quality is fantastic. Although, there is high parent involvement, it seems to be the same group of parents, and a majority, but not all parents. All parents need to be more involved to prevent biases occuring with school/parent decisions.

Posted September 21, 2010
I love this school because it strives to go above and beyond expectations. The staff is super friendly. They work very hard to teach the children so they don't fall behind.

Crown Pointe Charter Academy 0

Posted April 29, 2010
All 3 of our children attended CPA. Of course it's not perfect by any means! But it is alot better than most! My children are doing very well in high school- they all feel CPA prepared them well. There are some communications issues between director and parents, and very little parent interest in Board meetings. The Board is made up of parent volunteers - not really fair to trash them. All in all, a great, challenging school that will prepare your child for the next level!!!

Crown Pointe Charter Academy
2900 West 86th Ave, Westminster, CO  80031
Last modified Crown Pointe Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Pointe Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top