No rating

Belleview Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 291 students

Our school is best known for being a Christian School with rigorous academics.

Living in Westminster

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $179,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,130.

Posted July 3, 2014

As a parent whose son graduated from Belleview Christian and now being a Belleview grandparent, I have seen the staff at Belleview at work in many areas of education. The loving caring faculty and administrators strive to create and maintain an enjoyable, learning, Christian environment for all students. We are currently seeing constant upgrading of the school in all areas. Qualified, understanding faculty and staff are presenting new ideas, mixed with the tried and tested, to meet the needs of today graduates. I highly recommend Belleview School for top achievement. We are currently working closely with out grandson's education and we love what we see.

Posted July 1, 2014

I am a parent of students who have and continue to attend Belleview as well as an employee. My daughter was well prepared for college. She has and continues to receive scholarships at a top 100 Christian college. God continues to shape His children into the godly men and women according to His plan. For our family, part of God's plan is an education at Belleview Christian School.

Posted June 16, 2014

I am a former employee and parent of students at this school. To call it college prep is laughable. To call is Christian is an insult to Christianity. We were there many years while I kept my eyes shut praying things would get better. They only got worse. Please please please! Do your family the service of going anywhere but this school. The head administration is hypocrites and they do not want what is best for your child, they only see the almighty dollar and what's best for the schools name. DON'T waste your time. This place after so many years has ruined my kids faith and belief in Christianity and religion.

Posted June 6, 2014

There are many things about the school that I value as a parent, but one thing is the personalized learning that my child gets. The small class sizes really facilitate this, and it occurs even in Junior High and High School. I am thankful for the organization skills my daughter learned in 6th grade it has helped her manage the 7 different classes in Junior High with confidence. My girls are becoming such amazing young women that are Christ-centered. Thank You Belleview!

Posted June 4, 2014

As a parent and teacher I am proud to call Belleview our school of choice. My kids have attended Belleview for 8 years. As an employee I get to know many of the teachers on a personal level and see and hear their love and value of the students. The small class sizes allow for deeper friendships to be built among the students. The teachers are often keenly aware of the students struggles and successes. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else for school.

Posted June 3, 2014

Belleview has high standards and expectations for staff and students. It happens rarely, but once in a while, a parent and/or teacher will try to dictate curriculum, program, and or classroom management changes, including disregarding solid curriculum choices in place, reviewed annually. We are a college-prep school, but they want to impose their preferences, such as "no homework" or "little accountability". Most often, this is accompanied by a growing account balance that is more often the real issue. Fortunately, the majority of our families and staff appreciate accountability, the standards and the commitment to excellence. We encourage anyone with questions about any comments made on this site or in general to contact our offices - we will be happy to visit with you.

Posted May 30, 2014

Please, do your homework regarding this school. If you desire college preparation, look elsewhere - unless you think massive amounts of workbooks constitute as college prep. Many teachers are not qualified to teach their subject (24 college semester hours in the given field). If you desire a Christian environment, look elsewhere. More often than not, students are told "what not to do" rather than shown Christ's never ending and eternal love for them. Administration does not peacefully collaborate, but rather "their way or the highway." There is no consistency with student discipline; that is, unless you have been enrolled there for quite some time, then administration might be willing to work with you. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I do not see Jesus present in this school; just a school board that will not listen to anyone's (student, teacher, parent) grievances and a handful of administrators that have far too much power.

Posted April 18, 2014

Excellent academics. Loving and kind teachers. our family is pleased with this great school. Our students are getting an above average education.

Posted March 20, 2014

The people at the school, are no where near Christian, the teachers are not there to really help kids. Bad school, I would not advise anyone to send their kids there, you'd be WAY better off sending your kids to Faith Christian Academy, they are actually dedicated to helping kids find GOD and succeed in life.

Posted February 5, 2014

Not A good daycare, closed a lot, lunch at 10am,nap at 11am-2:30pm. no hot lunch, then you bring a sack lunch then are told what to feed your child. I was not happy with this daycare at all.

Posted November 21, 2013

I was previously a homeschooling mom and decided to put my child in Belleview at 2nd grade. He was met with open arms even though most children already knew each other from previous years. He is now in 3rd grade, learning like crazy and having fun doing it! Also a great price for a Private, Christian School!

Posted November 21, 2013

I love teaching at Belleview. It is amazing being allowed....not just allowed....but encouraged to talk to my class about Jesus Christ. The opportunity to speak to these little ones about not just Math, Reading and Writing but being able to take the time and energy to find out how they tick and what is important to them as individuals is wonderful. The other thing that I love about teaching here is the class sizes. MUCH smaller than your typical school. I currently have only 13 children in my class. Because I have a smaller group, I am able to give that much more attention and focus on each child. It is much easier for kids to "fall between the cracks" when the teacher is completely overwhelmed with 25, 30, or even more children at a time.

Posted November 21, 2013

I am a parent of two children that attend Belleview and I also am a current staff member. I love this school! Not only do I feel loved and accepted as a staff member, but I also know my children are being loved and well cared for. My children are receiving an excellent education that is of high quality and is Christ-centered. Their teachers have always made themselves readily available anytime there has ever been a question or concern of mine. I was a stay-at-home mom and considered homeschooling, but I believe we made the right choice of sending our family to Belleview!

Posted November 20, 2013

My 7th & 8th graders transferred from another Christian school in 2013. We drive 45mins twice a day (no problem for them) . They both love the school and teachers and the 8th grader is looking forward to taking honors/AP courses and independent study courses. We all fell in love with the school and staff on our initial tour and visit. I would highly recommend the school. They make learning interesting and challenging for the students. The lines of communication are always open. HIGHLY RECOMMEND M.& S. Neeley

Posted November 7, 2013

My daughter has attended Belleview Christian for the last 3 1/2 years. She is a senior and will be graduating in 2014. We have loved Belleview and all the staff. My daughter has received so much encouragement by the staff and they truly love her. They always guide her in the right direction and are so helpful. She went from nearly flunking Math, to being on the Presidential Honor roll for the last few years. I would, and do, recommend Belleview as a school of choice.

Posted October 29, 2013

Like any parent, I'd like to say that my children loved high school and that it was the best years of their lives. Unfortunately, this is not the case. My children attended Belleview Christian School. I didn't want my children going to a public high school, so I looked into a few Christian schools. At first, Belleview seemed like the perfect fit for them. Belleview seemed like a small school with a good education and good, Christian morals. However, I was far from right. My children were able to get straight A's without even trying. A college preparatory school is supposed to challenging, but Belleview's classes are nowhere near as hard as AP classes (or even regular classes) at a local public school. The teachers are very rude and self-absorbed. Most of them show absolutely no care or compassion toward students or parents. I do have to say that a few of the teachers do genuinely care, but most of them aren't even qualified for the subjects they're teaching. If you want your children to get a good education, I'd highly recommend not sending them to Belleview. Send them to a public school for free or pay for a different Christian school where they'll actually get a decent education.

Posted October 28, 2013

This the second year that my children have been attending Belleview Christian School. WE LOVE IT! What a blessing to have such an incredible, safe, supportive environment for my kids to learn and grow! We are so thankful for the love and care poured into our children as they learn and grow in Christ-like character. Both of my kids have grown leaps and bounds in all subjects! They have had INCREDIBLE TEACHERS that pour themselves into thier students and they have fun while they learn! I know the administration works very hard to make sure all the students at Belleview are receiving a quality, Christ-based education and there is much emphasis on the Parent/Teacher relationship. We are very involved and have loved getting to know all of the Belleview families, teachers and staff! This school has been a literal "God-send" to my family and we will always be grateful for Belleview Christian. My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade and as long as we live in Colorado, my kids will attend Belleview!! WE LOVE BELLEVIEW CHRISTIAN SCHOOL!!!

Posted October 28, 2013

We LOVE Belleview because the teachers and staff really care about our children. They pray with and for our children. Imagine a place where there are teachers that actually care about how your children are doing. They actually help them succeed in their studies. Godly character is modeled at Belleview by Teachers, Administration and staff. We have been involved with Belleview for 9 years now, two of our daughters have graduated and went on to college and we have two children still at Belleview. One in elementary and one in high school. There are lots of family interactions through sports, plays and the many other events available. The administration at BCS listens and cares about what I have to say as a parent. We can't imagine sending our children anywhere else. We love Belleview and the heart they have for teaching children to learn and to live for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Posted October 4, 2012

When it became clear that homeschooling wasn't an option because God gave use 2 babies the year my oldest started kindergarten, we looked at local Christian schools and Belleview was the winner. 10 years later it is still the best choice for our kids. My daughter is quiet and at Belleview she is allowed to be herself and is accepted by her peers and encouraged by her teachers. My son has ADHD and has done well in the smaller classrooms and with teachers who will go the extra mile to help him succeed. I'm thankful that all classes are centered around Christ as that helps our kids to be able to argue their faith. Secondary does a Spiritual Life Retreat every fall and that helps the kids and staff be united as a student body and have a deeper relationship with Christ. As a parent that is priceless to me, after all the most important decision our kids will make is heaven or not.

Posted September 11, 2012

I am a proud parent of Belleview Christian School. I went to another Christian school before here and I will say what a wonderful change. I love the fact the kids are challenged not only educationally but also spiritually. Both of my kids have accepted Jesus as their savior and have begun to take dual credit college classes. I am thankful that my kids get to attend such a great school. Thank You Belleview!!!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 10% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:45 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Boarding school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• College prep
  • Dual College Credits
  • Honors track
  • Teacher-run
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • ELL/ESL Coordinator
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • None
Extra learning resources offered
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • To sporting events, field trip
  • Art room

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student council/government
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom