K-12|Private

Bad
Good

The high school education here is uncommon for such a small, private Christian school. Hyland exhibits a good combination of academic intensity, but with the support available to help children succeed. There are many opportunities available at this school that are not available at other private schools, let alone public. The seniors take an annual trip to Washington, DC and visit their congressman, multiple museums and historical sites, the White House, etc. The science classes seem to do a lab once a week- anything from fetal pig dissection to chemical titrations, and they have an annual science fair. Hyland boasts a professional play-write teaching their English classes who writes an original drama each year in which every student 7-12th is able to perform. The upper level math is taught by a previous college professor who took a (substantial!) pay cut to become part of the Hyland family. Most importantly, this school teaches the nature and character of the Lord in every subject and activity. The faculty and staff exemplify His love. There is no other place like Hyland. My family has been blessed to attend and to be part of this school community that is more like a family.

We love this place. It's small, rigorous, personal, and creates the type of environment I want my child learning and playing in.

This school is like a family. We are so attached to all the teachers and the other families that attend. We love the curriculum, we love the environment, we love the rigorous academic atmosphere, and we love their priorities. I am so thrilled that my children are in such a wonderful place during the day. And they are too- they can't get enough of that place!

My children graduated from Hyland having gone there from Kindergarten. They received a good academic education and were well prepared for college and went on to graduate school. The teachers were caring and interested in each student. Hyland also gave them numerous opportunities to achieve in sports, drama, public speaking, serving others and working with the older and younger students. Hyland also helped shape them spiritually and socially so that they could go into adulthood prepared to deal with life and people. My family is blessed because of Hyland.

I graduated from Hyland and was more than adequately prepared for college and graduate school. Hyland provides a great Christian environment for learning with teachers who deeply care about the students. I received a well rounded, balanced education that continues to serve me well. As an educator myself, I highly recommend Hyland Christian School.

I was a student here during my middle school academic career. This is a HORRIBLE school. When I finally left, I found out that I was two years behind in my education! The teachers and students present a cult-like environment in which the student and his/her family is harassed if they do not agree with their doctrines. They preach Love, but they do not live it. All that I can beg from parents is that they do not send their children to Hyland. I finally left because I was tired of coming home crying every day. If your child loves to learn and make kind friends, this is not the school for them.

Very disappointing experience. Would advise to carefully check out the qualifications of teachers and courses being taught before enrolling in this school. Does not prepare the student for college. Not parent friendly. Bully tactics if you do not agree with their religious doctrines.

This school cares more about about what the kids are wearing than what they are learning. During the family interview, they didn't even know what the average SAT/ACT of their students was. They also fired one of the only good teachers they had because he was teaching about genocide in Africa. If I could give this school zero stars I would.

My son graduated from Hyland Christian Schools in 2002. He has now graduated from a university. He was well prepared for his college studies. The individual attention given to students is amazing. The learning atmosphere is compelling to the students. We moved just before my son enrolled, but found the school of such quality that we drove 90 miles one way (180 each school day) to enroll our son at this special place. Thank you, Hyland teachers and staff! What a difference you made in our lives.

Last modified Hyland Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12