Posted October 26, 2013
My children attended from 1st grade on. After graduating, they have excelled in both high school and college! They immediately enrolled in advanced level courses in high school and their strong academic, social and organizational training is evident on a daily basis. I love that the school "refuses to teach to the test"!! Though the schools scores far exceed both district and state scores, they continue to teach a very broad curriculum that includes many, many things that are not on the test but that helped my kids succeed. Their specials (elementary) and electives (middle school) courses far exceed anything I have found in other schools both in quality and if what is offered. All I can say is stop in and see what you think. I think you will love the open, friend, family community that is focused on students.

Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy 4

Posted September 25, 2013
All in all, it's a pretty good school. I like their elementary better than their middle school. They are not a no-homework school. And their PE is not very good, in my opinion. If you're considering the school, come hang out during pick-up, and chat with the parents who are waiting to pick-up their kids. Also, look through their website. My child has been attending for 4 years at the time I am writing this review.

Posted August 23, 2013
I have kids in both elementary and middle school. I believe the teachers are involved and provide the best education possible for them. I believe they are trying to keep the kids current in the classrooms and provides leading edge technology. We have no regrets moving our kids to this school.

Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy 1

Posted July 28, 2013
The crowd of students is amazing, its just the teachers. They treat you terribly after you slip up I mean after a small slip up. The electives choice you get as being a student in middle school is simply amazing. The last couple of years for me have been terrible for my friends and I, we all look forward to moving schools

Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy 4

Posted May 09, 2013
My child had a great experience at this school. He had the worlds best kindergarten teacher -the most welcoming, energetic and positive teacher any parent could ever dream of having for their child. The core knowledge program is fantastic, he learned more in one year than one month at his current school. They divide the kids into different classrooms for reading and math which is a perfect concept and should be used at all schools. The teachers and families seems like one big extended family, people are welcoming and my child always wanted to go to school. The only negatives at this school are a Spanish Teacher that shows movies and really doesn't know how to teach at all and a PE teacher that is not creative, fun or knowledgable about different sports/activities nor exposing the kids to different activites and sports. Otherwise, amazing school!

Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy 3

Posted January 25, 2012
Good: WWA is usefully web-enabled -- the web site is informative and a lot of communication is via email. Teachers are generally responsive to concerns. There are a fair number of extracurriculars. The Core Knowledge curriculum ensures adequate coverage in the humanities subjects, and the school is not (yet) totally teach-to-the-test. Homework level seems appropriate -- not too little, not too much. Not-so-good: Science education is weak. Parental involvement is uneven -- a few dedicated insiders, but many who don't and/or can't help or donate. Classroom management is often inefficient, leaving insufficient time for instruction or recess. Teachers are overworked and stressed and they lack the time and resources to innovate. Admin is getting more bureaucratic, and they waste time on Core Virtues assemblies and other ceremonials. Bullying still goes on. Culturally, WWA is a great place for mainstreamers -- i.e., those who are extroverted, churchgoing, of average intelligence, politically moderate to conservative, devoted to organized sports, and settled in the area. If you don't fit this profile, you may find that you're generally tolerated but not really trusted or liked.

Posted January 19, 2011
I love this school! I really can't say enough good things about WWA! This is our 4th year at the school and I currently have a 3rd and 1st grader. I couldn't be happier with the education my children are getting. My kids are challenged to not only do their best, but to BE their best. They know that expectations are high and they know that their teachers (and staff) care about them. Most importantly, my kids LOVE school. They cannot wait to go every morning and have a true love of learning. It is wonderful! One of the most special things about WWA is that it is not just a school, but a community of people who care about each other. We feel so blessed to be connected to this amazing group of teachers, administrators, and families that make up WWA! Choosing a school for my children was a very difficult decision. I must say that I made the best decision when I enrolled them in WWA!

Posted October 31, 2010
We chose this school because it offered the opportunity to challenge our oldest daughter and have never been let down. We love the staff and feel very blessed to be part of this amazing community.

Posted October 26, 2010
WWA is THE school of choice. Not only did the teachers and staff challenge my kids in many different ways, they kept them excited to keep learning and wanting to do more. After 8 years of being at WWA, my kids are both in high school now, both are thriving. and both felt VERY prepared for their high school years. Thank you WWA for giving my kids such a strong foundation on which they can build their education not only in high school, but also in college and beyond!

Posted September 27, 2010
My daughter started Kindergarten at this school and has is now in the 5th grade. My son is in the 1st grade. I can't express how much I love this school. The teachers and staff, including the principal have done a fabulous job teaching my kids. Last year we had a family emergency that impacted my children. The school support and the help my kids went way beyond my expectations. This school never stops amazing me. I am a PROUD WWA parent!

Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy
8300 West 94th Ave, Westminster, CO  80021
Last modified Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top