Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Wonderful teachers! The pore so much into the students. Mrs Albert in Kindergarten is amazing!

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is way too much homework sent home with students. It makes sense if student did not finish all the work during class. Studies have shown that only reading is beneficial for homework.

Develops character: Agree

This school has a character education awards along with virtues that praise these positive traits and skills in children.

WWA is a wonderful school. We switched here from a local school and couldn't be happier with the difficult decision of choosing a school. We feel like we won the lottery when we choice enrolled to several schools and got accepted at Woodrow. The Kindergarten is fantastic and Mrs Albert is one of the best teachers out there. She really cares and goes above and beyond in not only teaching but making learning a joy for each child. Children at this school get Spanish, music, Art, and PE, Technology. This is not the norm at the regular public school. All the staff is fantastic. Would recommend others go here!

Woodrow Wilson Academy is a fantastic charter school in Jefferson County. Charter schools are public schools, and they are held to a very strict standard. Their teachers are required to be High Qualified, and 100% of Woodrow Wilson Academy’s teachers have their teaching licenses. Our experience at this school has been wonderful. The Administration, staff, teachers, and Board of Directors are top notch. Because WWA is a charter school, the Board of Directors oversees the running of the school. These individuals are dedicated parent volunteers, and they work really well together as a Board. They always have the interest of the students, teachers, and staff as a top priority. We highly recommend this school!

Again, this is school of choice- we are lucky to have choice in Jefferson County, Colorado. So, if you are having issues (like clearly some of the parents who felt the need to air grievances here did), then you go to your neighborhood school and be happy, or just be unhappy no matter where you go - the CHOICE is yours. For us, WWA was a school of choice even though our neighborhood school is pretty darn fantastic too. We loved our K teacher - she is one amazing lady and both kids had her. I can't speak to the middle school... yet, but I can speak to elementary and we have not had a bad experience with teachers. THEY ARE AMAZING! They are great... caring, and kind, and yes, tons of homework and projects, but the teachers are great communicators, and we have had great luck. Now that one of ours is facing pre-tween and some issues with girl/boy drama, the teachers are even addressing all that with us and the kids. It is amazing how much the teachers care for our kids. Also, as a dual working parent household, I love the schedule WWA keeps and no half days, and random days off in the middle of the week. If we had sent our kids to our neighborhood school, we would have faced scheduling woes. We love the after care program on-site- it is run so well, and while the turn over in after care is high, not one issue has gone un-addressed, ever. The communication is key to me and this school does it great! I only wish the school to change one thing for K-4, and that is to relax and let the kids just have fun and not put so much emphasis on "labels' in math or core teaching- kids learn through play and fun too! :A good balance and mix is awesome to have and no school can achieve this easily. Re: The PTO well, it's the PTO - there has been some drama each year, but the Board has been awesome and communicates well, and the calendar and all the decisions made are open to the public so anyone can attend and voice issues there instead of complaining elsewhere. We love not selling cookie dough and gift wrapping so I guess PTO is doing something right and like I said, communication from the staff and Board has been great. we love the former and current principal immensely - AMAZING PEOPLE!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I've stated this before, but the teachers make this school - from Kindergarten to 6th - I do not have experience with middle school yet, but can speak with Elementary - amazing teachers who care about the kids, who show them the way, and it goes beyond the classroom. I love the teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Many are not licensed so I don't see how they can be effective without any training in teaching.

My child attended 6th and 7th grade at this school. Like the previous reviewer, we found the middle school teachers to be very difficult. They are uncaring, rigid, mean-spirited and frankly 1/2 of them are pretty lousy teachers. They have a few favorites and the rest of the kids are tolerated at best, and ignored or ridiculed at the worst. They are not interested in helping the kids do their best. They seem to delight in punishing the kids anyway they can. Don't bother to complain, as you will just be encouraged to leave. They are not interested in solving problems, they just want you to go away. And yes, PE is a joke, but I have to say the choir/drama teacher is great.

This school is great academically... but the middle school teachers pick out major favorites and if you aren't as smart they are so mean. My daughter is in 7th grade. She has been going to woodrow since kindergarten. . She tells me now she feels like she is in prison. The dress code is very strict and there is no PE program. I love school and the people. I don't recommend the middle school. For more information Text me at 720 347 1538

Last modified Woodrow Wilson Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.