PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Not every teacher is perfect and we have experienced at least that were probably not the right fit. Every school has at least one like this However, in totality I can say that our experience at CCA is that the teachers, in whole, were very effective in our daughter's education.

Amount of homework: Agree

For our daughter the homework seemed to be just right. However, this is always a subjective analysis and each family has to gauge this based on their own experience.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have experienced first hand the honesty and integrity of the teachers and administration of CCA. The programs and offerings are very good and I know, from my daughter's experiences, that honesty and integrity were promoted across the board at CCA.

When moving to the Denver/Westminster area four years ago, one of my wife and I's top priorities was finding a private Christian school where our daughter would attend. We visited CCA on the 2nd school visit and looked no further. Our daughter attended CCA all four years and would could not be happier with the experience she had and they way the school approached her education. Our daughter was involved in all aspects of CCA programs and I truly believe the Christ centered education has benefitted her and will have a profound impact on her life going forward now that she will be entering college. Thank you so much CCA!!

Cornerstone is not just a school w a Christian label, they have a full biblical curriculum and teach students what it's like to walk w Jesus daily. They have an incredible outreach program, still teach cursive writing, and have advanced academics. Since attending here, our son no longer needs a tutor and is excelling in every area. The principal is strict, yet had a heart of gold!

What a warm welcome we've had! The staff and the families have been SO welcoming! Participating in sports has been huge in helping to make connections with their peers. My kids have actually had repeated instances of fellow students introducing themselves, (with a handshake even!) This never happened at our prior school. The staff and teachers have created an environment that models integrity, respect and kindness. It's working. Within a week of starting school the teachers were able to identify areas needing some specific instruction for one of my students. We haven't been able to fully assess the curriculum, but so far the text books & syllabuses I am seeing are right on track with where my kids are at. Character development is HUGE for us, and CCA mirrors that value in how they invest in the students. I no longer feel like I have to fight against the agenda of the public schools for my children, instead our beliefs are reinforced. These years are precious and vital in the development of our children's moral compasses. I won't leave that to the influence of the public school system.

I saw a review that the elementary and junior high grades are great, but the quality of the high school was poor. This was our experience exactly. CCA couldn't have been a better place for my children while in elementary school, but the high school was extremely below par in many areas.

Cornerstone Christian Academy, I had the pleasure of having two of my children attend for 4 years, and we were so blessed to be part of such a great environment, teachers and administration. I could care less about Sports, but if it were not for Mr. Z my daughter would never have enjoyed 4 years of sports. We just moved to WY and my son was tested and put in a higher math class, and his English teacher commend his prior teachers for teaching him so well that she was impressed. What my kids and family took away from CCA is that we were family from the moment we got there. I don;t recall a time we felt otherwise. I do realize that some kids are put in CCA by parents who don't know what to do, but even that is used by God and CCA teachers and administration, as hard as that can be, love on those kids and try to set them on the right path, thank you CCA for all you do, everyday! the Aguirre family will always love you!!!!!

The reason why most complain is because they think of private schools such as Denver Christian or Holy Family, which was started 90 years ago. This school is a newer school, but has grown very quickly over the last 5 years our son has attended elementary, middle, and now high school. CCA doesn't have all the electives, but their main courses are strong. Sports have been played down, as CCA has concentrated on the academic side more, but the next few years I think CCA will be on the radar for 1A Sports. I have enjoyed seeing our child grown into a positive Christian man, and am excited to see him succeed in the goals that CCA has helped him create. The teachers have been supportive, but also have the expectation of each child being responsible for their own action in school work and life. Administration is a dose of both fun and respectability you want for you child. Parent involvement can be either to much or not enough, but we for the most part come together and support when needed. This school had been awesome for us as a family and we will enjoy our son graduating from it.

Sports program is small and uncompetitive. CCA fails to prepare students for college and the real world. Many staff members seem under qualified, bad at their jobs, and straight up rude. Especially the counseling staff. The academics are better at most public schools. You think at least good ethical behavior is established at CCA? Think again. You'd think because of the high tuition that the education would be top of the notch. Well it is not. I would never recomend CCA to anyone.

Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12