Posted August 30, 2014
What a warm welcome we've had! The staff and the families have been SO welcoming! Participating in sports has been huge in helping to make connections with their peers. My kids have actually had repeated instances of fellow students introducing themselves, (with a handshake even!) This never happened at our prior school. The staff and teachers have created an environment that models integrity, respect and kindness. It's working. Within a week of starting school the teachers were able to identify areas needing some specific instruction for one of my students. We haven't been able to fully assess the curriculum, but so far the text books & syllabuses I am seeing are right on track with where my kids are at. Character development is HUGE for us, and CCA mirrors that value in how they invest in the students. I no longer feel like I have to fight against the agenda of the public schools for my children, instead our beliefs are reinforced. These years are precious and vital in the development of our children's moral compasses. I won't leave that to the influence of the public school system.

Posted August 14, 2014
I saw a review that the elementary and junior high grades are great, but the quality of the high school was poor. This was our experience exactly. CCA couldn't have been a better place for my children while in elementary school, but the high school was extremely below par in many areas.

Posted November 18, 2013
Cornerstone Christian Academy, I had the pleasure of having two of my children attend for 4 years, and we were so blessed to be part of such a great environment, teachers and administration. I could care less about Sports, but if it were not for Mr. Z my daughter would never have enjoyed 4 years of sports. We just moved to WY and my son was tested and put in a higher math class, and his English teacher commend his prior teachers for teaching him so well that she was impressed. What my kids and family took away from CCA is that we were family from the moment we got there. I don;t recall a time we felt otherwise. I do realize that some kids are put in CCA by parents who don't know what to do, but even that is used by God and CCA teachers and administration, as hard as that can be, love on those kids and try to set them on the right path, thank you CCA for all you do, everyday! the Aguirre family will always love you!!!!!

Posted April 29, 2013
The reason why most complain is because they think of private schools such as Denver Christian or Holy Family, which was started 90 years ago. This school is a newer school, but has grown very quickly over the last 5 years our son has attended elementary, middle, and now high school. CCA doesn't have all the electives, but their main courses are strong. Sports have been played down, as CCA has concentrated on the academic side more, but the next few years I think CCA will be on the radar for 1A Sports. I have enjoyed seeing our child grown into a positive Christian man, and am excited to see him succeed in the goals that CCA has helped him create. The teachers have been supportive, but also have the expectation of each child being responsible for their own action in school work and life. Administration is a dose of both fun and respectability you want for you child. Parent involvement can be either to much or not enough, but we for the most part come together and support when needed. This school had been awesome for us as a family and we will enjoy our son graduating from it.

Posted January 29, 2013
Sports program is small and uncompetitive. CCA fails to prepare students for college and the real world. Many staff members seem under qualified, bad at their jobs, and straight up rude. Especially the counseling staff. The academics are better at most public schools. You think at least good ethical behavior is established at CCA? Think again. You'd think because of the high tuition that the education would be top of the notch. Well it is not. I would never recomend CCA to anyone.

Posted January 17, 2013
Teachers are so in-tune to the hearts of the children! Academically strong and a VERY good teacher/student ratio.

Posted April 19, 2011
My child attended Cornerstone Christian Academy and still lives the testimony for Jesus that was modeled for him at CCA. The teachers cared about his heart, his academics and his character. He was challenged to define his Christian worldview, and defense for it. In sports, he was encouraged, and appreciated for his talents. As parents, we loved the people at the school and the caring community.

Posted April 18, 2011
Cornerstone Christian Academy has been wonderful for our children and for our whole family. We have loved the strong academics while also feeling like the school really seeks to provide balance for the whole child, including time for family, church involvement, athletics and other extra-curricular activities. The teaching staff has taken so much time with each one of our children to make sure that their specific needs are meet, and we have loved being a part of such a strong community. It's like an extended family for us!

Posted March 25, 2011
Going to CCA was one of the best times of my life. I graduated from there a few years ago, and the influence that my teachers and classmates at CCA had on my life is still apparent today. Our missions trips to Mexico my sophomore through senior years specifically engraved in me how much God loves people, and I've been on many mission trips since graduating. Sports were great as the basketball team my senior year went to the playoffs for the first time in school history - and the academic preparation paid off when I graduated salutatorian of my class in college. I have many found memories of CCA, and am grateful to everyone who poured so much into my life!

Posted November 20, 2010
The athletic program is very weak, non-competitive... So, if you're looking for a school that will challenge your student athletically as well as academically, this isn't the one.

Cornerstone Christian Academy
12000 Zuni Street, Westminster, CO  80234
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top