Westminster, CO

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 02, 2015
Not every teacher is perfect and we have experienced at least that were probably not the right fit. Every school has at least one like this However, in totality I can say that our experience at CCA is that the teachers, in whole, were very effective in our daughter's education.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 02, 2015
For our daughter the homework seemed to be just right. However, this is always a subjective analysis and each family has to gauge this based on their own experience.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 02, 2015
I have seen, in my daughter and other students at CCA, how they have been driven to have a "can do" attitude when it comes to developing projects and achieving their goals.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 02, 2015
I have witnessed nothing but respect every time I have encountered other students at CCA.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 02, 2015
CCA participates in many community outreach events and the students are encouraged to participate in annual mission trips to underprivileged countries where the students can assist local missionaries in assisting the poor and demonstrating compassion and awareness.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 02, 2015
I have experienced first hand the honesty and integrity of the teachers and administration of CCA. The programs and offerings are very good and I know, from my daughter's experiences, that honesty and integrity were promoted across the board at CCA.

Posted August 02, 2015
When moving to the Denver/Westminster area four years ago, one of my wife and I's top priorities was finding a private Christian school where our daughter would attend. We visited CCA on the 2nd school visit and looked no further. Our daughter attended CCA all four years and would could not be happier with the experience she had and they way the school approached her education. Our daughter was involved in all aspects of CCA programs and I truly believe the Christ centered education has benefitted her and will have a profound impact on her life going forward now that she will be entering college. Thank you so much CCA!!

Posted January 14, 2015
Cornerstone is not just a school w a Christian label, they have a full biblical curriculum and teach students what it's like to walk w Jesus daily. They have an incredible outreach program, still teach cursive writing, and have advanced academics. Since attending here, our son no longer needs a tutor and is excelling in every area. The principal is strict, yet had a heart of gold!

Posted August 30, 2014
What a warm welcome we've had! The staff and the families have been SO welcoming! Participating in sports has been huge in helping to make connections with their peers. My kids have actually had repeated instances of fellow students introducing themselves, (with a handshake even!) This never happened at our prior school. The staff and teachers have created an environment that models integrity, respect and kindness. It's working. Within a week of starting school the teachers were able to identify areas needing some specific instruction for one of my students. We haven't been able to fully assess the curriculum, but so far the text books & syllabuses I am seeing are right on track with where my kids are at. Character development is HUGE for us, and CCA mirrors that value in how they invest in the students. I no longer feel like I have to fight against the agenda of the public schools for my children, instead our beliefs are reinforced. These years are precious and vital in the development of our children's moral compasses. I won't leave that to the influence of the public school system.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 1

Posted August 14, 2014
I saw a review that the elementary and junior high grades are great, but the quality of the high school was poor. This was our experience exactly. CCA couldn't have been a better place for my children while in elementary school, but the high school was extremely below par in many areas.

12000 Zuni Street, Westminster, CO  80234
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top