Sheridan Green Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2013
We have attended Sheridan Green since Kinder and are transitioning to the middle school next fall. Overall experience at SGE has been positive but a few years ago the school began struggling with a consistent decline in enrollment and limited resources. Some is explained by shifting neighborhood demographics, but this doesn t explain why neighborhood and choice-enrolled families with resources have opted to leave SGE. The 2013-14 year will be pivotal in determining whether SGE can create a strategy to manage the decline and return to a great school. Pros: Strong PTA leadership & fundraising, welcoming school environment, core group of exceptional teachers and a consistent group of parent volunteers. CONS: Several split-school staff positions resulting in low retention of quality teachers in those positions, an ageing group of excellent core teachers, an inability to recruit strong new teachers, poor placement/training/supervision of new teachers, hands-off management style of the principal, and less-than-satisfactory communication from administration to parents.

Sheridan Green Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2013
I have 2 children attending this school and have 1 going into kindergarten this year. My children have been very happy here and the teachers have always gone above expected standards. I am very proud of this school. I hope many more families will choose Sheridan Green as their home school.

Posted May 25, 2012
Excellent School my children have learned so much this last year and made some very valuable friendships.The school offers so much and always goes the extra mile. The leadership and teamwork between the staff and the children really make this school a sucess. The programs they offer are awesome my kids come home happy and as a parent what more can I ask for. It's a good feeling knowing that such caring Teachers, Principal and staff are watching after my children and helping them grow.

Posted April 14, 2012
My daughter is in second grade and this is her third year at Sheridan Green. My daugther has had such an excellent year in school that I had to write a review. We have been very happy with Sheridan Green, there really are so many positive things to say, but for me it comes down to the fact that there are simply excellent teachers at this school. We choice enrolled into this school and frankly had many other schools to choose from, but I cannot imagine how she could be receiving a better education.

Posted April 05, 2009
My daughter has been in sheridan green from k-4th grade, i can`t say enough positive things about this school. Although i have had some ups and downs with different people i would not hesitate to send my child to this school

Sheridan Green Elementary School 0

Posted December 04, 2008
I love this school. My son is in kindergarten there and is very shy. The teachers are helping him overcome it and I have already seen a big difference in his behaviour!! I do not like that all left overs from lunch are thrown away. This seems very wasteful and unnecessary. Other then that the school has been a great experience for both of us!

Posted September 14, 2008

Posted July 07, 2008

Posted May 01, 2008

Posted September 26, 2007
The principal and teachers are excellent!

Sheridan Green Elementary School
10951 North Harlan St, Westminster, CO  80020
Last modified Sheridan Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheridan Green Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top