Bad
Good

Our daughter has been at Compass WR since she was 3. she's moving to 4th grade soon. We have been VERY happy with her education. There is a leap of faith as the style of teaching is not how I was taught, but when your daughter brings home an amazing 3.5 essay on Washington DC in 3rd grade and tells you all about ALL OF THE STEPS she had to do to get the final result (lots of heavy words here), you beam with pride and know in your heart your child is learning beyond your personal expectations. I surely wasn't interested enough to write 3.5 essays in 3rd grade! Also, she just returned from her very special 3rd grade trip to Estes Park, From what I can tell most kids only do these type of trips in 5/6 grade. Next year she will do TWO almost week-long trips away and will be a part of the decision making team for the trip. My point is, the education at this school goes beyond books and scores. We have a very well adjusted, high-achieving kid who loves life and her community. Also, our second daughter is now attending, and has a hearing loss and IEP, and the staff hve been phenomenal and very interested in helping her succeed and meeting her needs. They've put in many extra hours and have offered to do whatever is necessary for her success. Although we wish we were at the neighborhood school for many reasons (local friends, buses) we know this is the right school for us and our girls. We know our children will be some of the highest achieving and giving members of society as they grow, and isn't that what it's about?! Note: There has been a lot of change and turnover since we have been at Compass, and the current forward direction of the board (the last few years) and staff is empowering. We have seen Compass mature immensely and every year the academic standards and methods are being adjusted and raised. It's an impressive place from within, full of staff that truly care.

Great staff, and super great teachers!! We have been at Compass for 6+ years and the teachers are supportive, generous of their time and inspirational to their students!

My son is going on his 3rd year at this school he will be a 1st grader. First if you don't understand what Montessori is do some research it will help you understand what is going on in the classroom. My son excelled here and loves the freedom to pick what he is going to learn. I love that the teachers encourage him to try new things and work with him on the things he finds hard. As I said he will be I first grade this year but is reading at a 5th grade level. I LOVE that they dont "teach to the test" when it come to state requirements yet they have GREAT final scores in high school. Its about the kids here! Great community and look in to the middle school here or "farm school" as we call it. You won't find that anywhere else.

Sending my children to Compass was one of the biggest mistakes we have made. We pulled our second grader out after she complained about doin the same work over and over (there are three grades in one room). My oldest was receiving a great education in bowling parties and yoga but not so much in reading, writing and math! I'm not quite sure how the school meets the requirements got student contact days as they seem to average one day a week where there is no school or it us a half day. The culture seems to be geared towards helicopter parents that can live at the school with their child and tense expectations are pushed onto working parents! The teachers are smug and condescending and the drama of the recent Board and admin is ridiculous!

I am very happy with the pre-k Kindergarden program. It is a good school which is lacking in some areas due to funds. There are some down fall It is not free for pre-K and Kindergarden. It is really worth the money. Good school focused on making each child do their best.

My children are in their eighth year at Compass. The more I learn about Montessori, the more I appreciate having this as a free alternative to the testing focused curricula of our neighborhood school. And I am heartened to know that Compass is on par or better in terms of school performance, especially when it comes to longitudinal growth. Compass graduates are going onto top- notch colleges and interesting careers.

I enrolled my daughter at Compass Montessori when she was three years old & she stayed all the way through 6th grade. I have been very impressed with the staff & community - they really care about the kids & go out of their way to support them! I love the look on people's faces when I tell them all the unique things our kids do everyday!

My daughter goes to Compass and the teachers there are friendly and easy to talk to. My daughter has made many friends and has learned things that I thought were more advanced for first graders. She loves the freedom that comes in the Montessori curriculum. But of course my daughter is very self motivated and can complete tasks without a strict schedule. I believe that the Montessori learning style isn't for all kids but for a select few like my daughter it works very well and I believe Compass is a great school and gives parents plenty of opportunity to volunteer and be involved in their child's education.

I have had the experience of having 4 of my children go to this school at one time. I can say that I believe only 2, maybe 3 of them would have excelled in this particular montessori program. It is a very parent/money biased school. one o my children was told that they were having so many issues that she was going to fail a full grade level. I questioned this and was oousted by faculty and the board. When I moved my children out of the school, all of the children (including the one who was 'failing') are at the top of their classes in academic performance and are poulling either straight A's or A's and B's. IMO this is not a great school to attend.

Its a wonderful charter school that follows the montessori philosophy!

Last modified Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6