Bad
Good

Posted November 22, 2014
We are on our 4th year at Compass and have intentions of staying at least through 6th grade. We will def. send our second child to school here! I feel so thankful my kid isn't told to sit at a desk in a row and do the same work everyone else is doing. We have a very motivated, self-directed kid and I believe much of this was taught to her in her preschool years there. While I may wonder what they are doing in class sometimes , I never question it because I see the results. For me the biggest positive has been sense of community and respect for others. I smile with pride about my kids "playground behavior" when we are in public!! And she's right there academically with her peers... for me that's the biggest positive. I was always quite academic myself but I'd rather my kid be able to navigate the social world excellently and be equal intellectually to others rather than be smarter than the rest and stressed about perfect grades.

Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School 4

Posted August 02, 2014
My son is going on his 3rd year at this school he will be a 1st grader. First if you don't understand what Montessori is do some research it will help you understand what is going on in the classroom. My son excelled here and loves the freedom to pick what he is going to learn. I love that the teachers encourage him to try new things and work with him on the things he finds hard. As I said he will be I first grade this year but is reading at a 5th grade level. I LOVE that they dont "teach to the test" when it come to state requirements yet they have GREAT final scores in high school. Its about the kids here! Great community and look in to the middle school here or "farm school" as we call it. You won't find that anywhere else.

Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School 1

Posted December 06, 2013
Sending my children to Compass was one of the biggest mistakes we have made. We pulled our second grader out after she complained about doin the same work over and over (there are three grades in one room). My oldest was receiving a great education in bowling parties and yoga but not so much in reading, writing and math! I'm not quite sure how the school meets the requirements got student contact days as they seem to average one day a week where there is no school or it us a half day. The culture seems to be geared towards helicopter parents that can live at the school with their child and tense expectations are pushed onto working parents! The teachers are smug and condescending and the drama of the recent Board and admin is ridiculous!

Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School 4

Posted September 29, 2012
I am very happy with the pre-k Kindergarden program. It is a good school which is lacking in some areas due to funds. There are some down fall It is not free for pre-K and Kindergarden. It is really worth the money. Good school focused on making each child do their best.

Posted September 25, 2012
My children are in their eighth year at Compass. The more I learn about Montessori, the more I appreciate having this as a free alternative to the testing focused curricula of our neighborhood school. And I am heartened to know that Compass is on par or better in terms of school performance, especially when it comes to longitudinal growth. Compass graduates are going onto top- notch colleges and interesting careers.

Posted August 29, 2012
I enrolled my daughter at Compass Montessori when she was three years old & she stayed all the way through 6th grade. I have been very impressed with the staff & community - they really care about the kids & go out of their way to support them! I love the look on people's faces when I tell them all the unique things our kids do everyday!

Posted March 19, 2012
My daughter goes to Compass and the teachers there are friendly and easy to talk to. My daughter has made many friends and has learned things that I thought were more advanced for first graders. She loves the freedom that comes in the Montessori curriculum. But of course my daughter is very self motivated and can complete tasks without a strict schedule. I believe that the Montessori learning style isn't for all kids but for a select few like my daughter it works very well and I believe Compass is a great school and gives parents plenty of opportunity to volunteer and be involved in their child's education.

Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
I have had the experience of having 4 of my children go to this school at one time. I can say that I believe only 2, maybe 3 of them would have excelled in this particular montessori program. It is a very parent/money biased school. one o my children was told that they were having so many issues that she was going to fail a full grade level. I questioned this and was oousted by faculty and the board. When I moved my children out of the school, all of the children (including the one who was 'failing') are at the top of their classes in academic performance and are poulling either straight A's or A's and B's. IMO this is not a great school to attend.

Posted October 04, 2009
Its a wonderful charter school that follows the montessori philosophy!

Posted October 03, 2009
Compass Montessori thinks outside box to encourage kids to do their best and constantly learn.

10399 West 44th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO  80033
Last modified Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Compass Montessori - Wheat Ridge Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top