Wheat Ridge, CO

Sts Peter & Paul 4

Posted August 08, 2012
SPPS is a place where a kid can be a kid, but still have the rigor and opportunity for academic achievement like no other higher performing school. We have two children at the school in early stages. Didn't care for one of the pre-k experiences, but loved the other. Kindergarten and first grade have been amazing. The challenge, like all schools, is how to pace with individual learning needs to keep the children engaged. They are sponges and have the ability to do and learn more. Ms. Ricotta is fabulous with reading, structure and engagement. Mrs. Scerbo ignites imaginations and engages with her patience and ability to connect and provide that one on one. I'd love to see more creativity in the art, music, languages and PE aspects of the school. We miss our deacon terribly, but are excited about the new priest assigned.

Posted July 01, 2012
The Sts. peter & Paul culture is warm and friendly where the staff seems like a family. The principal is welcoming. The students are offered many after school activities. The entire staff is involved in teaching the kids and the Carmelite sisters are awesome.

Posted May 31, 2012
This year of middle school was our daughter's first year at Saints Peter and Paul School and we couldn't be happier! The teachers, community, principal and parents are devoted to the children in a way we have not experienced before. Our daughter is not only excelling in academics but having a much easier time socially than at her previous school. In her words, "Everyone is really nice at SPPS". I like that Positive Reinforcement is the discipline of choice at our school; the children are encouraged to be their best and they are rewarded for a job well done. Our principal is always upbeat and she's not the type to hide in her office, she's in there with the students and staff all day. The teachers are well supported by paraprofessionals giving them the opportunity to focus on their skills. Technology plays a big part in our schools excellence with smart-boards, a television studio and collaboration between visual arts and technology. Our daughter has always been a straight 'A' student in private school and now, thanks to Saints Peter and Paul, she is the thriving, happy, beautiful and spiritual person we hoped for her to be. Thanks to EVERYONE at SPPS. We are so grateful!

Sts Peter & Paul 2

Posted May 19, 2012
My two children go to SPPS, and for the most part I am disappointed in the lack of consistent treatment of the kids. The administration is inconsistent in working with the staff to solve problems. In other words you get one story from the principal and one story from the staff. If you are an alumni or have a parent who works at the school, then as a student, you "have it made". There is too much nepotism at this school, and certainly the staff have "favorite" kids who never seem to be treated the same as those who don't have family working at the school. I have been very disappointed in the inconsistency of treatment, and the lack of care for my children.

Posted May 10, 2012
We have been at SPPS for 9 years. Our oldest is now in high school and we have three children at SPPS. This is a fantastic faith-based, high acheiving academic school! Our oldest (who attends a public high school) commented that he was much more prepared than his peers from public schools for the rigors of high school. The Catholicity of our school can't be matched; from the administrators to the teachers, our faith is placed first. The academics are amazing and the test scores of the student body prove this. This truly is an all-around wonderful school!!

Posted November 24, 2011
This school is fantastic! Our family are transplants from out of state and our daughter attended three schools prior to SPPS all in the public school systems. She seemed lost and out of place in the public schools. We never thought in our wildest dreams that we could find a school that would fit her needs so quickly. The community and support from the administration and staff is wonderful. The leadership is strong. In a pre-assessment test that our oldest took prior to enrolling for her first year we discovered that she would benefit from not advancing a grade from her public school transcripts. I really appreciate the honesty from SPPS staff and holding her back while young was the best decision we made for her. Now she is excelling with the support and encouragement from her teachers and staff. The community of SPPS is amazing. It's brought us closer as a family and made our children more disciplined and the religious environment has made her more poised and confident. Now we have two children enrolled and it's been the best gift we could possibly give our children. If you are looking for a great faith based school with rigorous academics and support look no further.

Posted November 05, 2010
This is the 7th year my son has attended this school. I feel he's getting an excellent education and the bonus is that it's such a great community. My son excels in every class and I feel he is well prepared for moving on to high school.

Posted May 11, 2009
Looking at the rating for this school disturbs me somewhat. We have our third child graduating from this school this year and the grades and instruction that all three have recieved is nothing short of superior. Both of the graduates have excelled at Holy Family High School earning honors in most classes. SPPS has prepared our childen not only for their scholastic futures but for life in general. SPPS teaches and reinforces the values and morals that are important to my wife and I. I only wish that all kids were as fortunate as ours. This school deserves a five star rating.

Sts Peter & Paul 0

Posted March 06, 2009
This school year we transferred our child to Sts. Peter & Paul from a good public school. While our child was receiving a good education, we felt SPPS offered stronger academics in a faith-based environment that reinforces our value system. The teachers also set high expectations for academics and behavior, and the students strive to meet and exceed those standards. A bonus is the school sports program, as athletic programs aren't available in the local public schools for grades 3rd-8th.

Posted January 17, 2009
I have two children at Saints Peter and Paul and I think this school is exeptional. The teachers are very connected with the students. They challenge them to do their best academically and socially. A wonderfull school. Everyone is involed, it's more like a community or big family instead of just a school.

Sts Peter & Paul