PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This is our second year at Saints Peter and Paul School and I have an elementary and middle school student. Both my children have felt welcomed, respected and cared for by fellow students and the wonderful Staff! The nurturing community environment has made our transition to a new school much easier! The great leadership and exceptionally caring teachers make this school unique and a hidden treasure to be found!

My kids have gone here since preschool. They love it here and so does their mom. Community,faith based education and an all around great place to learn. I would highly recommend this school and so would my children!!!

Great school, dedicated staff, strong academics, high moral values, safe and friendly environment. A true gem!

Develops character: Neutral

My child was trying to tell them a teacher put her hands on her and said an inappropriate comment and they tried to talk her into counseling. Like she was wrong and should feel guilty for the teachers behavior.

I have to agree with a prior comment. My daughter is now in her 5th year at this school and if you have family members working here or an alumni your child is "in" and has different standards. I have often visited unannounced and have witnessed teachers say the most inappropriate comments to children or yell at them when they think no one is around. If you bring it up to the teachers or principal then your child starts to get labeled. Also my child brought a water bottle to school with a Tony Hawk decoration and was told to leave it at home because it was a devil symbol. REALLY!! If you want your children to have nutritious lunch - not here. They will serve your children pancakes for lunch. Most of these teachers don't even hold a teachers license or have training in child development. If it weren't for my child being here so long and being worried that if I transfer her she WILL be behind in a public school setting. If you want only religion and or an alumni or have family working there then this school is for your child.

2014-2015 is the first year our family has attended this school. We had a Kinder, 5th grader, and 8th grader enrolled here for the year. This was the first year our children attended a Catholic school. I was very impressed at the improvement that all of my children have shown over the year. I really like the curriculum, including the religious education. We are very grateful for the kids improvement with their education, as well as their religion, and the social skills they have learned here. It gave us peace-of-mind to know that all the kids here want to learn and there is seldom any disruption to their education.

SPPS is a place where a kid can be a kid, but still have the rigor and opportunity for academic achievement like no other higher performing school. We have two children at the school in early stages. Didn't care for one of the pre-k experiences, but loved the other. Kindergarten and first grade have been amazing. The challenge, like all schools, is how to pace with individual learning needs to keep the children engaged. They are sponges and have the ability to do and learn more. Ms. Ricotta is fabulous with reading, structure and engagement. Mrs. Scerbo ignites imaginations and engages with her patience and ability to connect and provide that one on one. I'd love to see more creativity in the art, music, languages and PE aspects of the school. We miss our deacon terribly, but are excited about the new priest assigned.

The Sts. peter & Paul culture is warm and friendly where the staff seems like a family. The principal is welcoming. The students are offered many after school activities. The entire staff is involved in teaching the kids and the Carmelite sisters are awesome.

This year of middle school was our daughter's first year at Saints Peter and Paul School and we couldn't be happier! The teachers, community, principal and parents are devoted to the children in a way we have not experienced before. Our daughter is not only excelling in academics but having a much easier time socially than at her previous school. In her words, "Everyone is really nice at SPPS". I like that Positive Reinforcement is the discipline of choice at our school; the children are encouraged to be their best and they are rewarded for a job well done. Our principal is always upbeat and she's not the type to hide in her office, she's in there with the students and staff all day. The teachers are well supported by paraprofessionals giving them the opportunity to focus on their skills. Technology plays a big part in our schools excellence with smart-boards, a television studio and collaboration between visual arts and technology. Our daughter has always been a straight 'A' student in private school and now, thanks to Saints Peter and Paul, she is the thriving, happy, beautiful and spiritual person we hoped for her to be. Thanks to EVERYONE at SPPS. We are so grateful!

My two children go to SPPS, and for the most part I am disappointed in the lack of consistent treatment of the kids. The administration is inconsistent in working with the staff to solve problems. In other words you get one story from the principal and one story from the staff. If you are an alumni or have a parent who works at the school, then as a student, you "have it made". There is too much nepotism at this school, and certainly the staff have "favorite" kids who never seem to be treated the same as those who don't have family working at the school. I have been very disappointed in the inconsistency of treatment, and the lack of care for my children.

Last modified Sts Peter & Paul is a Private school that serves grades PK-8