Pennington Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
this school is horrible!!! my son has gone there for two years in the preschool program and is almost finished with kindergarten, he has been bullied and sad everyday he comes home, he tells me the teachers do nothing and call him a tattle tail!! seriously!!! but when I come to lunch with him all the sudden they do something about it???they are all fake and put on a front! not to mention the whole school is full of bullies and just plane mean kids you can tell there parents ignore them and could care less......... switching schools in September, hopefully prospect is a better option??

Posted September 03, 2012
My daughter has gone to this school for 5 years. She has had 3 really great teachers and one just ok one. The first principal Mr. Cormier was really terrific and a hard act to follow. The recent one, Mrs. Craig, was a little bumpy at first but seems to be doing well now, and is very enthusiastic and accessible to all students and parents. My daughter has been testing advanced in both reading and math, and this is a warm and friendly small community school. It is mainly low-income families, but the school itself is not "ghetto." They have art, gym, and music. My main criticism is they aren't very focused on science or have school plays. They are very reading and math driven. She has had quite a lot of special ed kids on IEPs in her classes (around 6 students per class of 15-20 kids), so I think any low scores reflect this. They do promote parent involvement. There is an awesome parent run after school program called step up which is like yearbook, but video and photography focused. My daughter loves her school, even though she's had the normal social issues kids go through (girl drama, a bully, etc...) I would not recommend the YMCA aftercare however.

Pennington Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2012
Terrible school! Both my children attended here since kindergarten. I pulled my older daughter out in 5th grade and put her in private school. The teacher was rude and would get frustrated if she needed extra help in math(that was 4 yrs ago and the teacher quit soon after). I'm in the process of removing my other daughter as we speak. She is not getting a good education. She NEVER has homework, which I feel prepares them for middle/high school and teaches them time management skills. There have been a FEW good teachers over the years. Every 2 years or so they get a new principal, one worse then the next. This school goes further down the drain every year! My husband calls it ghetto.....it is. Great kindergarten teacher( Ms.Liming) though! Remove your child after kindergarten.

Pennington Elementary School 5

Posted April 30, 2010
This school is a community school..which means no bus transports their kids to and from. Pennington has excellent after school programs as well as low cost child care. They have the 'Feed the Future' program to help those in need, and they also have a 'community' mindset that brings all the families together! I love this school! I would highly suggest bringing your kids here...at Pennington they ARE family!

Posted April 27, 2010
This is not a good school at all. The principal Mr. Cormier hired a few unqualified teacher. I already transfered my older kid to a better school instead of this neighborhood school. My other kid will go to better school this summer too. Don't send your kids to Pennington.

Posted November 16, 2009
This is a great school, the principal is awesome he is alway there to help in anything we need. The school has change a lot with the new pricipal he has been there for 2 years. Thats Mr. Cormier. I will recomend this school to everyone.

Posted October 21, 2009
I think so far this school is great. This is my child's first year and he's teacher is Awsome!!!!!

Posted October 07, 2005
- a staff
I think Pennington is a warm and inviting school. The new building is nice and gives students a lot more room to grow and learn.

Posted April 21, 2005
My two girls went to the preschool and loved it, it is great program. The school is a great size and everyone there is extremely friendly, I would not hessitate at all to send my kids to this school.

Pennington Elementary School 5

Posted February 13, 2004

Pennington Elementary School
4645 Independence St, Wheat Ridge, CO  80033
(303) 982-2083
Last modified Pennington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pennington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top