Posted July 17, 2014
My family has been involved with WCA since its beginning 12?13? years ago, and in this upcoming school year, 2 of our daughters will still be in attendance. I love the Core Knowledge (NOT Common Core!) curriculum, and have been amazed at how far ahead my children have been compared to good students who attended other schools. Classes are small enough to support individual help and a closeness among students, but large enough to give plenty of opportunities. The new principal has restored a sense of discipline, which might have been lacking during some of the previous years. In addition, one daughter was an ESL student, who came to the US as an 8 year old. She received wonderful individualized help, and by the time of her 8th grade graduation, she was one of the top students in her class. The work is difficult, and much is expected of students, but the staff is caring and works with kids for success.

Posted April 30, 2014
I feel like I need to set the record straight as the WCA staff member in charge of the talent show (for 6 years). The theme of this year's show "The Golden Teeples" was entirely student generated. It was a play on the oscars/golden globes and our principal was open and light-hearted enough to let our student emcees go with this really fun idea. It is unfair to judge her without a full understanding of how the theme came to be. Further, we've had a lot of positive feedback regarding the theme and Mrs. Teeples role in the talent show night. I am writing b.c I think it important for those considering our school to read accurate reviews. Thank you. - Erica Koehler, WCA School Counselor and WCA Parent.

Posted April 28, 2014
WCA provides excellent hands learning experience to actively engage all students. The principal and staff create a positive and engaging culture for students and staff. The teachers are empowered to utilize positive classroom management techniques

Posted April 28, 2014
Great school! Love the teachers, they really care about the students. Love core knowledge. My kids live the small feel of the school.

Windsor Charter Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2014
The new principal is horrible, very hands off and leaves discipline to teachers instead of taking care of it herself. I was appalled when the kids go "Golden Teeples" certificates at the Talent Show. A lot of hard work goes into this by teachers and staff. The Talent show started way before she arrived, why did she have to do that? I will be leaving the school next year with my kids, not the same. Very dis-satisfied.

Posted March 22, 2014
Our daughter struggled in the past. She has attended WCA for two years. Since she's been at this school, she has made a drastic improvement. The teachers spend the necessary time to help her learn the things she struggles with so she doesn't get behind. She gets the extra help that she needs. The Core Knowledge Curriculum is awesome! The kids learn so much! We absolutely LOVE that they teach Spanish to the kids and they don't have to wait until high school to learn. We are so incredibly grateful for everything that this school offers and provides! We are hoping that a WCA High School will be coming soon!!!

Windsor Charter Academy 1

Posted September 24, 2013
When the two old principals were fired I saw a huge change in WCA. It's lost it's family feel. Students are being pulled left and right and the school is crashing and burning because of the board: Dishonest and untrustworthy. I love WCA and support the staff and students but I can not and will not ever back the board. They're killing the school. Our family is now completely uninvolved in charter but we have neighbors and friends talking about how down hill the school has gone. It hurts so much to know a once great school has so drastically declined.

Posted September 24, 2013
I love this school and don't understand the negative posts at all. The new principal is doing a wonderful job. She has plenty of experience and has shown herself to be professional and extremely able. Sure she has made a few changes but none that are negatively impacting our kids. I don't believe the school is at all financially unsound--ridiculous! In fact my daughter told me her class is expecting a new student this month and for those who've left, new students have filled the spots. I wanted to express that academically, this school is challenging. No doubt they are getting an incredible learning experience. But beyond that, as a parent we had a bully situation that was completely handled with a sense of emergency. I love that I know my kids are taken care of and that the teachers don't brush bullying situations under the rug. Please take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. There are some bitter folks with an agenda to see the school get a bad reputation. Hopefully they can move on now that they've left. I hope they find what they need and they leave the negativity behind.

Posted May 29, 2013
WCA has been an amazing atmosphere for both my kids. We've had wonderful teachers who put all their efforts in my kids' learning. The Core Knowledge curriculum is first-rate. I love the uniform policy as it makes the mornings so easy. WCA offers many challenging opportunities. Some parents complain about sports but WCA does offer soccer, basketball,track and what it doesn't offer, your child can still opt in and participate and compete elsewhere.

Posted May 29, 2013
I love the community and parental involvement at Windsor Charter. Also the teachers care very much for our children. Our children are excelling in the environment there.

Windsor Charter Academy
680 Academy Court, Windsor, CO  80550
Last modified Windsor Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews.