Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

IMO awesome school! Teachers are great and constantly communicate with me about my children. You can tell the kids at this school are happy, polite, friendly, and enjoy their days. More sports and clubs would be great but they do have a well rounded choice of activities. I'm not a big fan of homework, I believe after school time is for family and extracurricular activities, they could cut back without impacting education but the work load is not unreasonable. Overall, this is my school of choice that meets our needs and provides valuable education and support without the ridiculous social bullying that takes place at other public schools.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers seem to be very empowered and it shows. When I volunteer I am continually impressed with the classroom management and relationship the teacher build with the students!

Amount of homework: Agree

Best homework balance I've seen in 5 elementary schools. I have 4 kids grades 2-6 so I can't speak for the older grades.

Develops character: Strongly agree

WCA focuses on eight Keys of Excellence that essentially teaches character traits like working hard, being honest, taking responsibility and others. The school is very good at positively awarding these traits. My kids even wrote the Eight Keys in their personal journals at home!

Last year I pulled my four kids (grades k,1,3,5) out of a top rated community school to WCA because of several outstanding comments of friends and I couldn't be happier. The only downside is driving and I have a wonderful carpool (there are probably some in every neighborhood). The teachers have been kind and competent and my kids have learned twice as much this year as last with less homework. I feel like the assignments given are thoughtful and truly present learning opportunities rather than just fill time. I would recommend WCA to anyone!

We switched to WCA this year because my daughter was really struggling in school. She is already doing so much better. Her confidence is improving and she is loving school again. I'm very glad we chose WCA!!

My family has been involved with WCA since its beginning 12?13? years ago, and in this upcoming school year, 2 of our daughters will still be in attendance. I love the Core Knowledge (NOT Common Core!) curriculum, and have been amazed at how far ahead my children have been compared to good students who attended other schools. Classes are small enough to support individual help and a closeness among students, but large enough to give plenty of opportunities. The new principal has restored a sense of discipline, which might have been lacking during some of the previous years. In addition, one daughter was an ESL student, who came to the US as an 8 year old. She received wonderful individualized help, and by the time of her 8th grade graduation, she was one of the top students in her class. The work is difficult, and much is expected of students, but the staff is caring and works with kids for success.

I feel like I need to set the record straight as the WCA staff member in charge of the talent show (for 6 years). The theme of this year's show "The Golden Teeples" was entirely student generated. It was a play on the oscars/golden globes and our principal was open and light-hearted enough to let our student emcees go with this really fun idea. It is unfair to judge her without a full understanding of how the theme came to be. Further, we've had a lot of positive feedback regarding the theme and Mrs. Teeples role in the talent show night. I am writing b.c I think it important for those considering our school to read accurate reviews. Thank you. - Erica Koehler, WCA School Counselor and WCA Parent.

WCA provides excellent hands learning experience to actively engage all students. The principal and staff create a positive and engaging culture for students and staff. The teachers are empowered to utilize positive classroom management techniques

Great school! Love the teachers, they really care about the students. Love core knowledge. My kids live the small feel of the school.

Last modified Windsor Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.